Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

+3
C.K
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 28, 2018 10:14 pm

South v Port
Sunday 3 June
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 10:30am
League: 1:10pm

Both sides are coming off losses.  Who will bounce back for the win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Well done the Panthers. Turned out to be a comfortable win at the end.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 9: South v Port - Sunday 3 June @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:43 pm

A good win by the Panthers.. Brooksby and Liddle a class above anyone else on the ground , thats why South won. As soon as I can find a market I'll be backing Liddle for the medal hes having a great year.. A good crowd and thanks to the Port people for showing up in good numbers to support their team, which is more than can be said for their afl rivals.
South introducing some good local talent this year; Fitt is a player , fast, tough and a good kick, kicked 4 but perhaps could have been 6. Another 17 yo debutant - Coleman (still at High school and now a team mate of his teacher!-Tarik Redigolo) and another 18 yo in Krueger, plus 3 in the state under 18 side in Perth. Souths heavy investment in its juniors in the last few years is beginning to bear fruit. Tougher games to come though..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 pm

Munn from Sturt is another still going to school (Mercedes College), the big name school boy footballer over the years would be Greg Anderson, I’m sure there would be plenty of others too, anyone know of any others ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:03 pm

bayman wrote:Munn from Sturt is another still going to school (Mercedes College), the big name school boy footballer over the years would be Greg Anderson, I’m sur Like a Star @ heaven e there would be plenty of others too, anyone know of any others ?

David Niemann and Dominic Fotia both came to mind immediately as 16 years old at school when debuting for West Torrens.

More recently Mitch Grigg was 16 on debut at Norwood from memory.

Darcy Hourigan was only a few days younger than the all time youngest, Dexter Kennedy when both debuted as 15 year olds for South Adelaide and West Adelaide respectively.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:13 pm

thanks CK
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by rocket_rooster Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Peter Anderson at North, Peter Carey at Glenelg, Milan Faletic at Torrens and Ben Hart at North and Adelaide in the AFl were all schoolboys on debut. There would have been a lot of others in the past 50 years or so.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:57 pm

Colemans' new league team mate is his PE teacher at school too..Tarak Redigolo
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Bringing back memories, anyway there was a Mark Thomas at school & I’m sure he played for West Torrens while still at school & went or was going to go to St Kilda....I don’t know what happened to him after I finished school
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum