First 21
Big Phil
PhilH
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Flag No.10
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:08 pm

Eagles v Centrals
Saturday 26 August
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles have the minor premiership in the bag, while Centrals are playing for an improbable finals berth. Will the Elizabeth miracle occur?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Central are arguably the form side of the competition, I reckon they might get up by 17 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Their form wasn't that flash against us I don't reckon. But the result will probably turn on how interested the Eagles are.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 am

This game raises the question are the Eagles interested .
Another big name out for this game in Paul Stewart.
Also I've seen it written on this footyforum are the Eagles doing a harder training for the finals .
I have no clue about the training I do know this is the first year the Eagles have a former centrals great on the coaching staff . Maybe they have raised the training only time will tell.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:33 pm

LEAGUE
IN – ALLMOND, BORHOLM, FIRNS
OUT – STEWART (THUMB)
Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Rd-18-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Eagles should win this comfortably. Another loss here and questions would be rightly asked about their flag credentials.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:23 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Eagles should win this comfortably. Another loss here and questions would be rightly asked about their flag credentials.

Seems everyone excluding Eagles fans are saying flag favourites
I hope the Eagles can win the flag but until they do I can't say they will

But after last week if they lose it's a weeks break cause they will finish top any way
Saying that Eagles lost the last minor round game last year so who knows
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:32 pm

Will it be a case of third time lucky MJ?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:10 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Will it be a case of third time lucky MJ?

Third times a charm I hope
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:23 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:Eagles should win this comfortably. Another loss here and questions would be rightly asked about their flag credentials.

But after last week if they lose it's a weeks break cause they will finish top any way

For the last 10-12 weeks the Eagles have been outright favourites for the flag with the bookies, this week they are equal favourites with the power reserves & Sturt isn't too far behind them, so yes Mickyj they've been favourites for a long while
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:54 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

For the last 10-12 weeks the Eagles have been outright favourites for the flag with the bookies, this week they are equal favourites with the power reserves & Sturt isn't too far behind them, so yes Mickyj they've been favourites for a long while

Growing up around greyhound tracks I know favourites do not always win
God for some reason my posts on my phone aren't all getting posted
What I wrote basically while winning games thru should have lost the Eagles can't do this in the GF
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:44 pm

obviously favourites don't always win, otherwise none of us would work, just pointing out that they've been favourite with the bookies & even if you forget them, the Eagles have been top for most of the year so that would suggest that they are the best performed team of the year so deserve to be spoken of as the team to beat
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:53 pm

bayman wrote:obviously favourites don't always win, otherwise none of us would work, just pointing out that they've been favourite with the bookies & even if you forget them, the Eagles have been top for most of the year so that would suggest that they are the best performed team of the year so deserve to be spoken of as the team to beat

Not arguing just saying what I've watched every week
Last week dead in the water until half time
Against Glenelg dead until 3/4 time
Eagles can't do that in a GF
Sturt like 2016 have not beaten the eagles they should have like in 2016
Just can't kick straight
No AFL team has beaten the eagles yet
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Centrals arrived at Woodville knowing what they needed to do for a remarkable entry to the finals. They played like a side determined to give themselves the best possible chance. The Eagles, to their credit, put up an almighty fight and didn't allow Centrals to do this easily, but the pressure from Centrals to force the Eagles into short, chippy kicks and the Dogs had their tails wagging for most of the game.

Still, come 3 quarter time and a couple of Nick Hayes goals had the margin at 2 points. Then a couple of special goals came from Centrals. There was Habel's running goal, and then Waldhutters goal at an acute angle - while being tackled mind you. Still the margin was 14 points and you could not let your guard down.

To add to the drama for those on the outer with an eye on Richmond, the SANFL app crashed, and even as Centrals iced the win, anxiety levels were sky high for the faithful, knowing they had to rely on West Adelaide getting the job done.

The app was back and West didn't look back, and the Dogs remarkably are in the finals.

Brucetiki wrote:Centrals have won 4 of their past 6.  While they won't play finals this year, they're heading in the right direction.

I said this after the Norwood game - and what a fortnight it's been since.

Centrals have the needed the following results to make finals in the past fortnight:

Centrals d West
North d Glenelg
Sturt d South
Eagles d Adelaide
Centrals d Eagles
West d Glenelg

They needed a miracle to get in, and a miracle they got. Plus that's now 6 of their past 8 they've won, with Sturt the only top 5 side they've yet to beat this season.

From 'hoping to avoid the wooden spoon' 4 weeks ago to a finals berth. Can you believe it!

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Was quite a ride this afternoon ... doing a live ladder at different stages all 4 teams were in 5th.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:02 pm

This is floating around on social media...

Round 18: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 26 August @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval MDiFX

Last edited by Big Phil on Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Centrals arrived at Woodville knowing what they needed to do for a remarkable entry to the finals. They played like a side determined to give themselves the best possible chance. The Eagles, to their credit, put up an almighty fight and didn't allow Centrals to do this easily, but the pressure from Centrals to force the Eagles into short, chippy kicks and the Dogs had their tails wagging for most of the game.

Still, come 3 quarter time and a couple of Nick Hayes goals had the margin at 2 points. Then a couple of special goals came from Centrals. There was Habel's running goal, and then Waldhutters goal at an acute angle - while being tackled mind you. Still the margin was 14 points and you could not let your guard down.

To add to the drama for those on the outer with an eye on Richmond, the SANFL app crashed, and even as Centrals iced the win, anxiety levels were sky high for the faithful, knowing they had to rely on West Adelaide getting the job done.

The app was back and West didn't look back, and the Dogs remarkably are in the finals.

Brucetiki wrote:Centrals have won 4 of their past 6.  While they won't play finals this year, they're heading in the right direction.

I said this after the Norwood game - and what a fortnight it's been since.

Centrals have the needed the following results to make finals in the past fortnight:

Centrals d West
North d Glenelg
Sturt d South
Eagles d Adelaide
Centrals d Eagles
West d Glenelg

They needed a miracle to get in, and a miracle they got. Plus that's now 6 of their past 8 they've won, with Sturt the only top 5 side they've yet to beat this season.

From 'hoping to avoid the wooden spoon' 4 weeks ago to a finals berth. Can you believe it!

An astute TFSA poster , also brought up something similar in the Norwood v Centrals thread
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:13 am

I tip my hat off to you too Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Congratulations to Centrals, shows what belief and hard work can do.

Troubles for the Eagles, you cannot just switch on form. They way they have been playing they could be exiting the finals in straight sets.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am

Not at school today
Eagles are screwed
The worst team in the Comp in the last four weeks
Well done centrals
Centrals had plenty to play for
Eagles had nothing hoping for no injuries
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Eagles had nothing turn it up, I'll concede it was a dead rubber in terms of where they finished but I know if I were playing for the Eagles I wouldn't be giving the coach a reason to drop me & play accordingly & im sure the Eagles players would be doing the same, Central too good on the day & as I said arguably the in form team of the competition
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:34 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles had nothing turn it up, I'll concede it was a dead rubber in terms of where they finished but I know if I were playing for the Eagles I wouldn't be giving the coach a reason to drop me & play accordingly & im sure the Eagles players would be doing the same, Central too good on the day & as I said arguably the in form team of the competition

2015 I have zero memory of due to my injury that won't come back
2016 last minor round game eagles v Norwood
Check the results go off at me all you like
Norwood made the Eagles look absolutely Crap another game the eagles had nothing to play for .
2016 Eagles made it to the GF
I'm not saying they will but you never know
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:41 pm

bayman wrote:Eagles had nothing turn it up, I'll concede it was a dead rubber in terms of where they finished but I know if I were playing for the Eagles I wouldn't be giving the coach a reason to drop me & play accordingly & im sure the Eagles players would be doing the same, Central too good on the day & as I said arguably the in form team of the competition

Also before I forget I did say centrals were the better side
Not blaming umpires one was a bit strange to both teams a lot of off the ball frees
Eagles were Crap
Centrals were better
Eagles lost that game themselves they couldn't kick straight

Once again centrals were better had to win in case west beat Glenelg
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm not going "off at you" at all, I was merely giving a different point of view, it's too hard having a conversation with you these days as you take almost everything the wrong way, I hope your health improves
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next