columbo
Scrappy
UncleHuey
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Brucetiki
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 16 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Two of the form sides of the competition face off at Woodville. Who will continue their great form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:46 pm

Looking forward to seeing this, even at Woodville I think Sturts pace will be too much for the Eagles, Sturt by 17 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 13: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 16 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:23 am

Interesting to see the Eagles injury list
A fair few tests could some big names be back
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Is Wundke going to play?
Some suggestion that he may not.

5 first string players all listed as "Test".
And with Rowntree and Borholm out that could potentially be quite a lot from the GF.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Is Wundke going to play?
Some suggestion that he may not.

5 first string players all listed as "Test".
And with Rowntree and Borholm out that could potentially be quite a lot from the GF.

Don't get to excited Chambo yet

Wundke Bomber and Pup have not played a game in weeks
Wundke and Pup have been out the longest
Bomber out West has been number 1 Ruck the last few weeks been doing really good to
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:24 pm

LEAGUE
IN – MCGREGOR, MINNEY, WOODS
OUT – BOYD

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Whose pup ?

I know you know their nicknames but can you post their actual names so at least I know who you are talking about, thanks mate
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:33 pm

bayman wrote:Whose pup ?

I know you know their nicknames but can you post their actual names so at least I know who you are talking about, thanks mate

Petrenko
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:39 pm

spell_check wrote:
bayman wrote:Whose pup ?

Petrenko

thanks Spelly
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 pm

thanks, must remember that & try to work out the other nicknames that come up, some are obvious but others are not, thanks again boys
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:49 pm

This should be a cracker of a game. Sturt are running into seriously good form while the Eagles just keep on keeping on and finding a way to win.
I think the Blues are in better from so I think they will win a close one by 8 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Well Eagles cant lose top spot this week if they dont win
No Eagles midfield young ones stepping up
Last week Lee was the Rookie of the week
Be interested to see if Minney gets promoted he is on the bench he was seriously injured couple of years back i enjoy his games in the seconds .
What happens happens Sturt must be the favorites
Eagles juniors keep standing up
And 203 cm West keeps getting better each week
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Well done Eagles the third quarter won that game for you .
First quarter Sturt should have kicked 8 goals stuffed it up kicking with the with wind
Was a great win
So good hearing the Sturt fans gloating then complaining about the umpires . From a far a Sturt fan destroyed their umbrella due to a holding the ball free .

Saying that a lot of holding the ball paid not 100 percent they were all holding the ball but that's footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:56 pm

when the rain came the Eagles bigger bodies wore Sturt down, I do think had Hone kicked a goal early in the last quarter & had a 2 goal lead they may have been able to hang on, i don't think it went into Sturts' forward 50 after that point, Mickyj alluded about the umpiring i agree they were inconsistent with the htb interpretation, however the most glaring mistake was late in the game when Hayes pulled a Sturt player out of a contest in the goal square & then picked up the ball & kicked the goal & sealed the deal..it was clearly a free kick....it was a tough bruising encounter with plenty of heavy collisions & it must be said all players just went for the ball with these collisions, one Sturt play had a 2 or 3 minute ''Barry Crocker'' he pulled out of a contest, realized what he had done, went after the ball, got it & kicked it straight to an Eagles player..............i also saw a 7 metre short pass paid & less than a minute later a 20 metre kick was called ''play on''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:21 pm

bayman wrote:when the rain came the Eagles bigger bodies wore Sturt down, I do think had Hone kicked a goal early in the last quarter & had a 2 goal lead they may have been able to hang on, i don't think it went into Sturts' forward 50 after that point, Mickyj alluded about the umpiring i agree they were inconsistent with the htb interpretation, however the most glaring mistake was late in the game when Hayes pulled a Sturt player out of a contest in the goal square & then picked up the ball & kicked the goal & sealed the deal..it was clearly a free kick....it was a tough bruising encounter with plenty of heavy collisions & it must be said all players just went for the ball with these collisions, one Sturt play had a 2 or 3 minute ''Barry Crocker'' he pulled out of a contest, realized what he had done, went after the ball, got it & kicked it straight to an Eagles player..............i also saw a 7 metre short pass paid & less than a minute later a 20 metre kick was called ''play on''

Honestly I didn't mention every umpire mistake
Let's mention just the bloubdary umpires
First mistake boundary umpire made he's a metre watching the ball comes off a Sturt players foot directly in front of the umpire out on the full free kick Sturt
Further along a quarter or two further on
Eagles player kicks the ball roughly from half back goes goes the eagle player he was aiming for clearly knocks the ball forward being a metre over the line pushes the ball in to play eagles run away with the ball umpire was so out of position
Sanfl needs four boundary umpires

Honestly Sturt fans can blame the umpires
BUT straight goal kicking wins games
Saying that this game was like last years games and round 1 this year
Sturt had far more shots on goal
But kick 3.5 in the first had that been 8 goals goodnight eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Agree Bayman with most of the comments especial the Hone kick. Very bad miss from close in. Not sure we could be called big bodied. The Eags have a slightly built midget fleet. Was that the darkest game ever played. Not sure what anyone one could see let alone some of the decisions mentioned. I could not see any play clearly at the southern end.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 pm

goddy11 wrote:Agree Bayman with most of the comments especial the Hone kick. Very bad miss from close in. Not sure we could be called big bodied. The Eags have a slightly built midget fleet. Was that the darkest game ever played. Not sure what anyone one could see let alone some of the decisions mentioned. I could not see any play clearly at the southern end.

players like Lewis & co were getting in with their smarts & big bodies making contests
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:48 pm

The score was
EG 6-1
ST 8-7
I had made this comment
" The umpiring has been good, and Sturts skills were superior to the Eagles skills"
It then started raining , I had to use my umbrella for the first time in the match

There were 3 things that changed the match when the rain came
1 Sturt, did not perform as well in the wet and did not kick a goal in the rain for the RemAINder of the match
2 In my opinion the umpiring decisions favored Woodville West Torrens , particularly the holding the ball interpretations
3 Nick Hayes became the match winner , and is an outstanding footballer

To sum up things in one play
Score was
EG 9-3
ST 8-9
Deep in the Eagles forward line , latter part of the last quarter
A Sturt player was clearly pulled off the ball by Nick Hayes in an aerial contest, and should have got a free
He didnt, Nick Hayes was brilliant enough to kick the ball off the deck with his left boot through for a goal

EG 11-4
ST 8-9

EG win by 13 points
When you consider the players they have lost from last season, and the players unavailable in this match , they did well to win today
They find ways to keep winning, they are simply an outstanding team
They deserve a flag
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Spell check another Eagles win from behind at 1/2 time

While the umpires keep coming up
Honestly if you can't kick straight and the other team does that's a big indicator why Sturt lost
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:16 pm

mickyj wrote:Spell check another Eagles win from behind at 1/2 time

Honestly if you can't kick straight and the other team does that's a big indicator why Sturt lost

off course it is an indicator, as was when it started raining it suited the Eagles another indicator & by the way my friend i never said the umpiring was favouring either team, i just agreed with you that the htb decisions & non decisions were a bit bewildering & added the late free that wasn't given that should have been paid.......the Eagles won because they have belief & confidence in each other no matter who is in or out of their team & the depth is way better than any other team
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Hey Mickey and Goddy 11

I was with a Woodville West Torrens friend today at the game
Early in the match we discussed which Hayes was the better footballer, Nick or Jack
Both are outstanding players and great overhead marks
My friend suggested Nick, but I think Jack is perhaps slightly the better footballer, that opinion only from a handful of games watching both of them play

Micky/Goddy you guys would have seen more of the dynamic duo, whats your opinion ?

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm

given what we saw in the last quarter i think night footy would work at Woodville oval but perhaps use a yellow footy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:28 pm

mickyj wrote:Well done Eagles the third quarter won that game for you .
First quarter Sturt should have kicked 8 goals stuffed it up kicking with the with wind
Was a great win
So good hearing the Sturt fans gloating then complaining about the umpires . From a far a Sturt fan destroyed their umbrella due to a holding the ball free .

Saying that a lot of holding the ball paid not 100 percent they were all holding the ball but that's footy

Half forward area, near the fence, grandstand side of the arena
There was a heated altercation between 2 Sturt supporters today that resulted in a broken umbrella
Im not sure what the arguing was about , might have been something to do with one blocking the view of the other ?
The good thing about it all was after the siren the 2 immediately got together and made up
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Pretty sure at qtr time the inside 50's were 14-4 Sturts way, end of the game 42-31 Eagles way. 11.4 - 5.4 after qtr time, it just didn't find its way to Sturts attacking 50 enough after quarter time.
Holding the ball seemed to be rule of the week this round, just wish that the 3rd umpire would get to the other side of a contest where the controlling ump can't see.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:Spell check another Eagles win from behind at 1/2 time

off course it is an indicator, as was when it started raining it suited the Eagles another indicator & by the way my friend i never said the umpiring was favouring either team, i just agreed with you that the htb decisions & non decisions were a bit bewildering & added the late free that wasn't given that should have been paid.......the Eagles won because they have belief & confidence in each other no matter who is in or out of their team & the depth is way better than any other team

Didn't actually mean you bayman
A few bad Sturt fans on Facebook lol
You could be right this year is the first time I think or understand that Gods can bring up under 18 players . Hence Lee had played league the last two weeks .
Means the Eagles seconds don't win every week
But means more juniors get to play against men

Juniors coming up fathers played sanfl
Rowe dad Stephen Norwood and Crows
Mead Dad Darren Port
Weed Dad The Weed both types of Eagles and the Crows
Some older ones as well
Think juniors help the club more
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum