is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ?

5 posters

Go down

is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ? Empty is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ?

Post by bayman Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 pm

i've spoken to several mums & dads (mainly the dads) about the celebrations, i found out they were at the Arkaba & most of them were upset because ''how can i take my kids into an enviroment (pub) like that''

i have to agree, if they want the club(s) to be successful in the future, you need supporters in the future & these kids are their not just now but also future supporters, sponsors & so forth

i just hope that Sturt realize that family/kids are entitled to join in the celebrations too & may i suggest QUICKLY have a family day at Unley oval where families can also celebrate with their players

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
perhaps it is a council thing but a permit until 11pm at Unley & then a move to the Arkaba shouldn't have been difficult to obtain & organize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is it true that only members that had already renewed for 2017 (about a dozen or so) were allowed free entry on Sunday night ? shame if true as all members should be entitled half price at worst
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ? Empty Re: is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ?

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:23 pm

As I understood it Bayman, the 2017 members were just guaranteed entry to the player presentations where the venue limit was 600. I think they still paid.

But there were about 3 or 4 different areas where celebrations were happening, but the 600 limit was just the room where player presentations occurred.

I think the decision to go to the Arkaba, was partly because of the potential issues with residents at Unley and the cost to establish Marquees etc. Probably one or two other reasons too, including the Arkaba being sponsors and must have been subsidising the event too.

It would have been nice at Unley, but understand some of the logistical issues.
Celebrations on a Sunday night are always a bit difficult too.
In 2009 they used the Netball centre.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ? Empty Re: is there a reason for the celebrations at the Arkaba ?

Post by bayman Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:52 pm

There is a point, given the grand final is now played away from the long weekend, should the sanfl just bite the bullet & have the finals on the Saturday so the grand final teams can benefit from the celebrations rather than having a work day (for most people) the day after the match?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:56 am

bayman wrote:There is a point, given the grand final is now played away from the long weekend, should the sanfl just bite the bullet & have the finals on the Saturday so the grand final teams can benefit from the celebrations rather than having a work day (for most people) the day after the match?

We went away from playing the GF the week after the AFL GF a couple of years ago. It has been played on a Sunday for a few years now but should we go back to a Saturday GF the week after AFL as it was to maximise everything.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:54 am

Didn't the AFL dictate the current situation? Sundays are not good, even in the H&A rounds, in my opinion. Not much listening to the little bloke from the SANFL...... Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:18 am

RODH2 wrote:Didn't the AFL dictate the current situation? Sundays are not good, even in the H&A rounds, in my opinion. Not much listening to the little bloke from the SANFL...... Rolling Eyes
Just replace the SANFL with the bloods and it Sounds like our club
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Yeah, wotever........ Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Have said something wrong ?? Rolling Eyes
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down