Go down

horse syndication & the crows  Empty horse syndication & the crows

Post by bayman Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:28 pm

New Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate

08 August 2016
by the Chief Executive Officer, John Lewis
Logo

MEDIA RELEASE
Harness Racing SA are delighted to announce the launch of a new Adelaide Crows Supporters syndicate. Therefore we are seeking expressions of interest from members of the public who are interested in joining the syndicate.
There is nothing like the thrill and excitement of seeing your horse race. Therefore the syndicate provides a great opportunity to get new people involved in harness racing, and is also ideal for those people who would like to get back involved in the ‘trots’. It is also an extremely affordable way to get involved in racing your own horse and having some fun!
HRSA are also delighted to announce that Adelaide Crows star Josh Jenkins has agreed to join the syndicate and also be the syndicate’s ambassador. Josh has a deep love of harness racing and is also involved in mentoring many of our young harness racing drivers. We also expect to have a number of other Adelaide Crows players involved in the syndicate.
HRSA are also currently sourcing horses for the syndicate. The syndicate will also have a syndicate manager who will manage all aspects of the syndicate including regular newsletters and planning race day and social events.
If you are interested in joining the Crows Supporters Syndicate, please forward your
contact details to saharness@saharness.org.au marked “Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate”. Please note there is no obligation by registering your interest.

More information
John Lewis, HRSA CEO
Ph: 0417 855 300

if Mr Booney, Lee & Scrappy buy a share i will too
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

horse syndication & the crows  Empty Re: horse syndication & the crows

Post by bayman Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:20 pm

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=30896

Josh Jenkins leads the Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate

06 September 2016
by Graham Fischer
Logo

Adelaide Crows footballer and harness racing ambassador Josh Jenkins, is keen to be part of a Harness Racing South Australia initiative to introduce new owners to the sport.
Jenkins, along with teammates Tom Lynch and Richard Douglas, will be involved in the newly-formed Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate.
“I’ve really become passionate about the trots and try to get out to the track as often as I can,” Jenkins said.
“For people who don’t want to spend heaps of money but want to be involved in horse racing, the trots is a great way to do that.
“The horses are so durable and they can generally run around every seven to 10 days and you can get involved watching them train and trial.
“It’s a really hands-on, grassroots style of racing and that’s something that appeals to me.”

Anyone interested in joining the Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate should contact Harness Racing South Australia via email: saharness@saharness.org.au or via phone 08 8285 2899.

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:10 pm

"We're Flying" - Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate

08 September 2016
by the Office of the Chief Executive Officer: John Lewis
Logo

MEDIA RELEASE
There has been considerable interest in the Adelaide Crows Supporters Syndicate, which will be known as the “We’re Flying” Syndicate. The Adelaide Advertiser wrote a great article about the syndicate on page 81 of last Saturday’s Advertiser featuring our syndicate ambassador Josh Jenkins. As previously advised, we are also delighted that fellow Crows stars Tom Lynch and Richard Douglas will also be part of the syndicate, as will 5AA and Channel 9 media identity Tom Rehn.
Further information on the syndicate is as follows:
Shares in the Syndicate
We are offering 50 shares in the syndicate at a cost of $1,200 per share annually.
The first yearly payment of $1,200 is required by 31 October 2016. Alternative payment options are available on application to the syndicate manager. Shareholders will receive disclosure of income and outgoings and shareholder account balance at the end of each racing season.
Leasing and Owning a Horse Explained
Some owners/breeders will lease a horse to other groups of owners for a specified period of time. The lessees meet all costs associated with racing the horse and keep an agreed percentage (normally 66%) of stake money won. No up-front costs are incurred by the lessees and as such, this arrangement often provides all the thrills of racing without a capital outlay. For an owned horse, there is a capital outlay required up front in order to purchase the horse.
Stakemoney & Distributions
For our leased horses two thirds of all stakemoney earned will be retained by the racing partnership and will be distributed at six monthly intervals (subject to the financial status of the group). All monies held at the expiration of the lease will be returned to shareholders. In relation to any horses we own, the syndicate retains all of the stakemoney.
Ongoing Costs
The ongoing costs associated with racing a harness horse include training, shoeing, transportation, agistment and veterinarian costs. These costs vary from month to month and the total cost of owning a racehorse will depend, in part, on the amount of time the horse is in full training as opposed to spelling during a season. As a guide however, the ongoing cost of owning/leasing and racing a harness horse is in the order of $15,000 per annum per horse. This cost is in the absence of any unforeseen circumstances including serious injury or interstate travel.
Horses
We are currently sourcing horses for the syndicate. Eventually we intend to have up to 4 horses in our syndicate including juvenile and ‘going’ horses (ie horses currently racing) – this will ensure that we should generally have a horse racing throughout the racing season. Although we intend to lease the horses, we may have to purchase at least one of the horses. At this stage we intend to have our first horse racing in early November 2016.
Our Trainers
We will be seeking expressions of interest from SA based trainers our horses. It may occur that we have a different trainers for each horse. Importantly the type, age and ability of the horse will be key factors in selecting the right Trainer.
Regular Updates
Shareholders will be kept informed of the progress of the syndicate and horses by the Syndicate Manager, HRSA CEO John Lewis. There will also be a number of social events to meet other members of the syndicate and see our horses race. The horses will race in the name of “We’re Flying” Syndicate and the driver will wear a specially designed “We’re Flying” silk.
Other Important Facts To Consider
Not all horses win a race or earn prizemoney.
If it becomes evident that our leased horses are unlikely to be successful on the racetrack then a decision will be taken to return the horse to its owner without further cost to the syndicate partners.
Racehorses may sustain injuries from time.
Application form to Join the Syndicate
A copy of the formal agreement for the syndicate is attached.
Please return your application form by 30 September 2016.

More information:
John Lewis, CEO HRSA
Ph: 0417855300
jlewis@saharness.org.au
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:36 pm

First horse and trainer announced for the We're Flying Syndicate

25 October 2016
by the Office of the Chief Executive Officer: John Lewis
Logo
Josh Jenkins for the We're Flying Syndicate
Josh Jenkins for the We're Flying Syndicate.
MEDIA RELEASE
HRSA are very excited to announce that the We’re Flying Syndicate have secured their first horse and also selected the syndicate’s first Trainer. The first syndicate horse is The Linemaster, a 3 year old bay gelding which will be trained by leading Trainer and Driver, Ryan Hryhorec.
The Linemaster has arrived in South Australia and is currently having a short spell, and is expected to resume training in around 4 weeks time. At this stage his first race is likely to be in early 2017. He is a lightly raced pacer having raced six times for one win as a two year old and was was bred by Alabar Bloodstock. The sire is Tiz a Masterpiece (USA) and the dam is Swanline.
The Syndicate are also delighted to announce that Ryan Hryhorec has been named as the first Trainer for the Syndicate and will train The Linemaster. Ryan is one of South Australia’s leading Trainers and Drivers, and recently competed in the Australian Drivers Championship at Globe Derby. He trained 99 winners last season and drove 167 winners.
HRSA are also pleased to advise that memberships of the syndicate are still available. With the exciting news of the announcement of the first horse and trainer, we expect that this will generate strong interest in the syndicate. Importantly it offers an affordable entrée to ownership in harness racing!
The Syndicate ambassador is Adelaide Crows star Josh Jenkins, and fellow syndicate members include Crows players Tom Lynch, Richard Douglas and 5AA and Channel 9 media identity Tom Rehn.
If you are interested in joining the Syndicate, please forward your contact details to saharness@saharness.org.au marked “We’re Flying Syndicate”.
More information
John Lewis, HRSA CEO
Ph: 0417 855 300

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:04 pm

http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=31805

We're Flying Syndicate - your last chance to join

09 December 2016
by Graham Fischer
Logo
Adelaide Crows Josh Jenkins with State Trainer Ryan Hryhorec and
Adelaide Crows Josh Jenkins with State Trainer Ryan Hryhorec and "We're Flying" syndicate horse, The Linemaster. Photo by Graham Fischer.
Time is running out to become a part of the exciting ‘We’re Flying’ Syndicate and join a trio of Adelaide Crows footballers in the ownership of a promising three-year-old pacer The Linemaster.
John Lewis, Chief Executive Officer at Harness Racing South Australia, reported that whilst there has been great interest in this exciting syndicate, there were still a limited number of shares available but applications were closing soon. Membership in the 'We're Flying" Syndicate will close when The Linemaster has its first start under the care of the Leading State Trainer Ryan Hryhorec.
Star Adelaide Crows footballers Josh Jenkins, Tom Lynch and Richard Douglas along with 5AA and Channel 9 media personality Tom Rehn are already syndicate members.
Hryhorec said he was pleased with the way The Linemaster was coming along at his Angle Vale stables.
“I have to say when he first arrived from Victoria it took a few days for him to start to enjoy his new surroundings,” Hryhorec said.
“Now he is thriving and providing he does well in the next week, I am looking to give him a trial at Globe Derby Park on Sunday, December 18."
“I will see how he goes before deciding if he needs another trial or I can nominate him for a race."
“He is a very athletic three-year-old and I am grateful to have been selected to train him for the We’re Flying Syndicate.”
The Linemaster was a winner at Shepparton in Victoria as a two-year-old.
The syndicate was established by Harness Racing South Australia to give the public an introduction to the enjoyment of owning a standardbred.
If you would like to join the We’re Flying Syndicate contact Harness Racing South Australia on 8285 2899 or follow the link http://www.harness.org.au/news-article.cfm?news_id=30918 for more information.

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:12 pm

i watched it trial this morning, it led in a leisurely run race & got run down to run fourth beaten about 4 or 5 metres i'm sure the owners would be told ''it'll need that run & another trial'' but to me i thought it was ordinary

when they put the trial up on the net, i will put the link up & you can judge for yourselves
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down