blacky
RODH2
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Future Empty Re: The Future

Post by RODH2 Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Can It continue with power reserves and adelaide b's ( or whatever they are called) with a small supporter base, and no success?
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:39 pm

waddayamean wrote:Can the SANFL continue along with West , Glenelg and the Eagles ? All in close proximity yet only one with a big supporter base . One with sustained success but a small supporter base ( trouble if they drop away) and one with neither ?  
out of those sides there is only one that hasnt won a flag in over 20 years
or is this just another case of westies bashing
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:30 pm

Not in as close proximity as it used to be.

Once there was 5 SANFL clubs in the western suburbs ... now just 3

It will all come down to SANFL clubs understanding support is shrinking and managing the finances accordingly.

As an example two of the three mentioned invested heavily in lights for night footy, two in some major rennovations of their function rooms. Have these expenses generated a return that has even covered the cost incurred let alone generated extra income?
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:57 am

PhilH wrote:

It will all come down to SANFL clubs understanding support is shrinking and managing the finances accordingly.

Is there any possibility of expanding support? The clubs need to grasp the reality that the AFL clubs have no interest in the health of the SANFL, and are actually hurting it, and investigate if there are creative ways of building the competition up. I'm not saying that is easy but I do get the impression that no one is really trying.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:20 am

Flag No 10 ... It is what I have been trying to do in my role at the Eagles for the past few years ... there have been some good wins in that time but we are swimming against a pretty strong rip.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:57 am

Honestly here we go again let's rip into the Eagles
We merged we've lost our suburban zone to west and Glenelg yep west Torrens suburban zone is now in those other clubs hands Thebbie oval is not in Eagles zone anymore .
Yet we lost areas that have given great players to the club . What did we get in return port Adelaides old zone 

So why pick on the Eagles 
Why not pick on Norwood or another team that is struggling On the field 
No offence to Norwood
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:05 am

PhilH wrote:Flag No 10 ...  It is what I have been trying to do in my role at the Eagles for the past few years ... there have been some good wins in that time but we are swimming against a pretty strong rip.  

Agreed Phil. I think it needs a competition-wide approach, rather than being left to under-resourced individual clubs.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:33 am

mickyj wrote:Honestly here we go again let's rip into the Eagles
We merged we've lost our suburban zone to west and Glenelg yep west Torrens suburban zone is now in those other clubs hands Thebbie oval is not in Eagles zone anymore .
Yet we lost areas that have given great players to the club . What did we get in return port Adelaides old zone 

No offence to Norwood

I wouldn't think Ports zone is anything to be sneezed at, and I also don't think the original post, nor its intention, was to have a whack at the Eagles.

It's important that topics are raised and discussed in order to continually try and find solutions that can benefit the entire competition.

If that's not your thing then maybe sit those topics out.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Scrunch wrote:

No offence to Norwood

I wouldn't think Ports zone is anything to be sneezed at, and I also don't think the original post, nor its intention, was to have a whack at the Eagles.

It's important that topics are raised and discussed in order to continually try and find solutions that can benefit the entire competition.

If that's not your thing then maybe sit those topics out.

ok so it's west Eagles Glenelg 
west st won the flag
eagles ended up second 
what's the issue with those sides 
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:06 pm

No offence to Norwood

micky, most clubs would love to have either the Eagles old or new zone.

West have been given a dog's breakfast of a zone. It extends in a wiggly line from around Aberfoyle Park to Grand Junction Road. We hardly have a player at Under 18's from our 'new' zone at all.

Our Country Zone Under 15's were beaten by nearly 30 goals over 4 17 minute quarters last week. We've barely won an Under 16 game for 2 years.

Look at the junior premiership tables. It's the same teams, including the Eagles, who have been given the best of the zones for a long time now.

Have a look at where the football schools are: I think Glenelg has to get by with Immanuel, Sacred Heart, Westminster (?), Brighton HS and have now had St Michael's and Henley High added.

To be fair, West's new zone would field a fabulous soccer team.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Lee wrote:

No offence to Norwood

West have been given a dog's breakfast of a zone.  It extends in a wiggly line from around Aberfoyle Park to Grand Junction Road.  We hardly have a player at Under 18's from our 'new' zone at all.

Our Country Zone Under 15's were beaten by nearly 30 goals over 4 17 minute quarters last week. We've barely won an Under 16 game for 2 years.

Look at the junior premiership tables.  It's the same teams, including the Eagles, who have been given the best of the zones for a long time now.

Have a look at where the football schools are:  I think Glenelg has to get by with Immanuel, Sacred Heart, Westminster (?), Brighton HS and have now had St Michael's and Henley High added.

No offence to West or Glenelg 
i grew up in the west Torrens zone I walked across the torrens to Underdale high a metre and a river away from my home in west Torrens zone .
you mention your zone it took half the west Torrens suburban zone including thebarton 
the other half of west Torrens zone including schools you mentioned went to Glenelg .

eagles lost west Torrens history you took half of it Glenelg took the other half 

we lost most years the number of players you lost the end of 2015
we had plans in place in case of draftees 
that's part of Wests problem no plan in case players get drafted 

yes we got ports zone yes we have a young player from port districts in the league 

but the eagles lost west Torrens Eagles lost the past the history the local clubs the footy schools we lost them all .....
which team is in the five 
WWTFC set  plans in place years ago to play finals 
west and Glenelg need plans in place 
players get drafted if you can not get players from across the borders you may need to get players from other teams 

now how do you improve Wwtfc 

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:04 pm

Sorry guys that went over the top a bit
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 pm

No worries, micky.

Bit hard to plan on replacing Beech, Keough and Snelling in the late rookie draft.

Westies, along with the Eagles and Norwood, have had the most draftees for years.

The zones shouldn't be a debating point soon, as the next review (next year) will be based on participation numbers, not total numbers, so there could be some evening up.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Lee wrote:No worries, micky.

Bit hard to plan on replacing Beech, Keough and Snelling in the late rookie draft.

Westies, along with the Eagles and Norwood, have had the most draftees for years.

The zones shouldn't be a debating point soon, as the next review (next year) will be based on participation numbers, not total numbers, so there could be some evening up.

and Eagles were given ports zone due to loosing torrens zone and many fans were irate not me after all i just wrote lol

And the Eagles face torrments over recruiting players from other teams Wundke being one
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:06 pm

The Eagles lost only some of their zone. The good bits went to Glenelg, the not so good to West.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Lee wrote:The Eagles lost only some of their zone. The good bits went to Glenelg, the not so good to West.
 No argument
It has hurt the old well older than me Eagles fans 
But I guess fans have to accept as do clubs 

Let's not forget the original name for west Torrens was port natives in a time when most footy games were played at Alberton oval
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Lee wrote:

No offence to Norwood

West have been given a dog's breakfast of a zone.  It extends in a wiggly line from around Aberfoyle Park to Grand Junction Road.  We hardly have a player at Under 18's from our 'new' zone at all.

Look at the junior premiership tables.  It's the same teams, including the Eagles, who have been given the best of the zones for a long time now.

Have a look at where the football schools are:  I think Glenelg has to get by with Immanuel, Sacred Heart, Westminster (?), Brighton HS and have now had St Michael's and Henley High added.

This is true of course, but doesn't it still rely on where the kid resides?
Some of these schools draw from a very wide area.

Still a dog's breakfast notwithstanding.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:06 pm

"Cheap flags" is a bit of an injustice.
Which were cheap 1993? 2006? or 2011?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
PhilH wrote:

Is there any possibility of expanding support? The clubs need to grasp the reality that the AFL clubs have no interest in the health of the SANFL, and are actually hurting it, and investigate if there are creative ways of building the competition up. I'm not saying that is easy but I do get the impression that no one is really trying.

off course they are trying...trying to turn it into an under 23 year old feeder competition, sooner rather than later
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:35 pm

You're right,Chambo, it does depend on where boys live. The oroblem is that many country lads come to Adelaide to study at colleges and naturally look to live close to the college.

The other factors are different socio-economic areas and schools no longer having footy teams The number of boys in each zone are approximately equal, but the number playing football nay well be quite different.

Another factor is to do with servicing the zone. Some clubs have very close metropoloitan and country zones, others have zones much further away.

West's country zones range from the Mallee, the Riverland and as far as Roxby Downs Our Metro zone, as I said, is a skinny strip ranging from Aberfoyle Park to Blackwood to Grand Junction Road.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by William Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Surely there would be other clubs that people would question the future of before the Eagles seems strange what about South a couple of weeks ago with 900 people turning up to a game? is there long term future at noarlunga?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:43 pm

We need all clubs to survive.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down