Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide

4 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide Empty Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide

Post by Brucetiki Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:45 am

Both teams are coming off big wins last week but face some big tests this week.

Will either of the local teams win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide Empty Re: Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Both have a chance, moreso Port.

Port were impressive disposing of Collingwood and the Bullies aren't nearly as good when they are not inside Etihad. I rate the power a good chance in this game.

For the Crows to win in Perth would be a big statement on how well the team is travelling. The Eagles are very tough at home, helped by one of the most consistently one sided free kick counts in the AFL. Adelaide can win but they would need to tidy up their disposal and goal kicking efficiency. Sloppy passing will hurt them badly against the Eagles.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide Empty Re: Round 12 - Port v Western Bulldogs/West Coast v Adelaide

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Interesting to read that, while West Coast have recorded some big wins so far at home this season, they are yet to host anyone currently inside the top 8. Will be a very interesting test for both teams this one.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:19 am

Adelaide $2.75 at the moment Ginge!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Quietly confident. If I was a betting man I'd have a piece of that.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:49 am

Gingernuts wrote:Quietly confident. If I was a betting man I'd have a piece of that.

I am and I have. Lets call it a chunk though, not a piece.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:51 am

Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs –

Port made it two solid wins on the trot by downing the terrible Collingwood outfit by 10 goals plus. Some run from defence coming into Ports game. The Doggies took on and beat a fellow top 8 side by holding out the Eagles. Only 8 points, but the stats tell a different story.

The Pies jumped Port early and that was the only yelp as Port took control and led at every break eventually running out winners by 67 points. A couple of players who have been in and out over the last few years have taken the opportunity presented with injuries and suspensions and run with it. Paul Stewart and Cam O’Shea in defence, Aaron Young and Jarman Impey up forward and Sam Gray in the middle have all had time in the SANFL of late but have all taken a spot and made it theirs. Run from defence the key to Ports game and the likes of Pittard, DBJ and Hartlett are generating that run. The forwards are enjoying the slicker ball movement and the little blokes congregate around Dixon who draws 2 or 3 opponents. Big week for Charlie, after a sound game last week that was goalless I think he’ll want some majors to reward his hard work.

The Bulldogs are clearly stating system over personnel in the back half. They’ve not missed a beat since losing Murph and Johannisen and maintain their miserly defensive set up. They let in just 69 points per game on average and sides struggle to get the ball deep against them. Many goals scored against them are from 40m+. They smashed the Eagles last week around the contest, 35-30 clearances wasn’t the killer, 153-114 contested possessions was. With 124 more possessions the Eagles did well to stay within 8 points. So it’s the mids doing the hard work but don’t discount the work big men Redpath, Campbell and Roughead do in the air. They’re creating just as many headaches as Libber, Hunter and Wallis are.

I’ll go to this one with some optimistic thoughts, but know the task is ahead of Port to score against this defensive unit. Dogs by 16 points ( Port $1.82 Dogs $2.00 )
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:52 am

West Coast v Adelaide –

Another ripper in round 12. The Eagles left home and accordingly got rolled by the Dogs, was a pretty tame effort from the Eagles who got slaughtered in the contested ball. Adelaide made mince meat of the Saints late on Sunday afternoon with the big forwards too much for the Saints to deal with.

A couple of weeks ago it was nothing to see here but surely Simpson and his coaches must be wondering what to do when the side travels. Monsters at home muppets away. But, let’s take into account this. Losses to Sydney, Hawthorn, Geelong, Bulldogs away with a win over Port. Wins at home over Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fremantle, Richmond, St Kilda and Collingwood. Not exactly giant killers at home, are they? This the biggest test for the at home Eagles after picking on road kill in the west so far. The midfield seems to win the contested ball in spurts and the forwards monster the weaker sides. How will this Eagles line up manage the depth of Adelaides mids and forwards?

No. 1 scoring side in the competition, with the likes Jenkins, Walker and Betts all in the top 10 in the race for the Coleman. That’s some serious firepower. Some depth through the middle with Thompson being rested and the side not skipping a beat. 69 I50’s last week and they kept the lowly Saints to just 30, the midfield press worked a treat. No sulking last week as the free kick count was 21-9. Surely a # was in order? Jenkins benefitting most from the modern trend of “out the back” goals as the Adelaide mids get the ball deep, quickly, allowing Jenkins time and space to do his work. He’s proving to be just as clever at reading the play as he is at working hard.

The first real test for the Eagles at home and I like Adelaides chances. I think they can prevail, by 11 points. ( Eagles $1.48 Adelaide $2.65 )

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Booney wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:Quietly confident. If I was a betting man I'd have a piece of that.

I am and I have. Lets call it a chunk though, not a piece.

Very Happy
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:15 pm

$$$$$$$$$

That will give you a bright end to what was a fairly average day for you!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:20 am

Gingernuts wrote:$$$$$$$$$

That will give you a bright end to what was a fairly average day for you!

Yeah, wasn't the best day out. Stuck on a train for 40 minutes, missed the first bounce, missed my pregame drinks ( no wonder we didn't win! ) and lose by 3 points. Oh well, more important things in life.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down