Country Cock !
Paul
Scrappy
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Eagles (8th 1-2 44.99%) v North (9th 1-2 42.29)
Sunday 17 April
Vaughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles gave the Crows a run for their money before succumbing to them, while North came crashing back to earth at Alberton. Who will win their second game of the year?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:33 am

Eagles by about 6 goals at home
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by William Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Danger Game for the Eagles I would have thought, If we played like we did against south it certainly will be, may get a few injured players back this week as well.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:57 pm

Eagles will be too strong for North. 5+ goals for mind
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Tom Schwarz named in the reserves for North this week, number 34.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:43 pm

There was a car caught speeding on Port Road at almost 200kmph very recently
The locals were asked to comment on TV last night
One of those locals was  Brett Ohara
Brett played for both Wooodvile West Torrens and North Adelaide
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:54 pm

..and Centrals.
scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:02 pm

EAGLES
Eagles forward Michael Wundke must pass a fitness test on Saturday if he’s to confront North at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday.
The triple Ken Farmer Medallist, recovering from a groin strain in Round 2, has been named on the extended interchange bench after getting through a practice session on Wednesday night.
Wundke has been joined in the Eagles’ 23-man squad by midfielder Matt Appleton, who had the week off last Round as the club’s Reserves had the bye.
Co-captain Luke Thompson will play his 100th SANFL IGA League match after making his debut in Round 1, 2010.

League
F: Yarran, Borholm, Poole
HF: N. Hayes, Ainger, Rowland
C: Hall, O’Brien, Gaffney
HB: Allmond, Thompson, Jarrad
B: P. Raymond, Giuffreda, Goldsworthy

R: Redden, Petrenko, Boyd
INT: Von Bertouch, Wundke, Whittlesea, Woods, Appleton
IN: Wundke, Appleton

Reserves
F: L. Hayes, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: M. Raymond, J. Hayes, Press
C: B. Ellis, Sinor, Jolly
HB: Elsworthy, Summerton, Batley
B: G. Ellis, Heinjus, Georgeson

R: Baqeri, Lewis, Firns
INT: Lee, Hoare
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:05 pm

SANFL News
14 APR 2016
EAGLES CAPTAIN REACHES CENTURY

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

Woodville-West Torrens co-captain Luke Thompson has one chief ambition once he notches his 100th SANFL IGA League match on Sunday.

The former Crow revealed he’s visualised what it would be like to hold the Thomas Seymour Hill Premiership trophy aloft on SANFL Grand Final day.

And after falling at the final hurdle last season, Thompson – speaking on SANFL Radio – declared his hunger to make his vision a reality.

Picked up by the Eagles in the 2009 SANFL Mini-Draft, Thompson has been quick to develop a genuine love for the club since making his debut in Round 1 2010.

The 25-year-old has followed a similar path to that of premiership hero Mark McKenzie, who was also selected in the SANFL Mini Draft before carving out a fine career at Oval Avenue.

Now settled in Adelaide with family and friends around him, the Victorian is determined to add another premiership medallion to his cabinet after earning one under coach Michael Godden in 2011 against Central District.

Measuring in at 196cm and 89kg, Thompson – who played 20 AFL games for the Crows between 2011 and 2014 – is also a licenced helicopter pilot.

Currently undertaking his electrical apprenticeship, the former Geelong Falcon said he would likely put his helicopter skills to good use once his football days are over.

The Eagles host North Adelaide at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Sunday, with a much needed win required after an indifferent 1-2 win-loss start to the season.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Big test for the cocks to see where we stand !

Com on u Cockaleeechies Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:34 pm

Eagles by 47
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Paul wrote:Eagles by 47

Is that all !
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Big test for the cocks to see where we stand !

Com on u Cockaleeechies Round 4: Eagles v North - Sunday 17 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 1344700888

John Fitzgerald !!!
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Not a great game Eagles kicked 6 goals in the second term . Five goals the rest of the game
A win is a win I guess not great

Not wishing to upset north fans here .
Holding the ball just wonder why two umpires called it one way and an umpire in norths fifty called it another .
Either all three should umpire the same way not one differs from the other two .
It just seemed every time there's a pack of players in Norths fifty it was holding the ball free to north
The other two umpires balled it up rather funny or strange .
And the advantage rule Eagles ran off with the ball a clear mark no one stopped nope it's brought back .
Yet North had the advantage of being allowed to play on .
Interesting one umpire
While North came home with a helpful sail it didn't totally destroy the score board
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:15 pm

mickyj wrote:Not a great game Eagles kicked 6 goals in the second term . Five goals the rest of the game

Holding the ball just wonder why two umpires called it one way and an umpire in norths fifty called it another .
Either all three should umpire the same way not one differs from the other two .
It just seemed every time there's a pack of players in Norths fifty it was holding the ball free to north
And the advantage rule Eagles ran off with the ball a clear mark no one stopped nope it's brought back .
Interesting one umpire
While North came home with a helpful sail it didn't totally destroy the score board

I wouldn't have thought any Eagles supporter would have anything to complain about given the ride they got from the umpires today. 24 frees to 18 in the Eagles favour seemed quite unjust, especially given the number of times the Eagles clearly threw the ball when tackled. One umpire in particular was very, very poor in this regard. Let's just say that his hair certainly couldn't have got in his eyes. The Eagles certainly got their fair share of dubious holding the ball decisions as well.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
mickyj wrote:Not a great game Eagles kicked 6 goals in the second term . Five goals the rest of the game

Interesting one umpire

I wouldn't have thought any Eagles supporter would have anything to complain about given the ride they got from the umpires today. 24 frees to 18 in the Eagles favour seemed quite unjust, especially given the number of times the Eagles clearly threw the ball when tackled. One umpire in particular was very, very poor in this regard. Let's just say that his hair certainly couldn't have got in his eyes. The Eagles certainly got their fair share of dubious holding the ball decisions as well.
So how many frees did north get in the forward fifty when four players from each team laying on the ball a lot .
The other umpires didn't pay those frees
And north permitted to play on yet that umpire always brought the Eagles back
And north thumping Yarran over and over
I'll give you Boyd getting bashed over and over he's no angel
Sorry what north did as in roughing up to get a fight going
Was so much like the Jarman age didn't win you a flag back then
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 pm

mickyj wrote:
rocket_rooster wrote:

Interesting one umpire

So how many frees did north get in the forward fifty when four players from each team laying on the ball a lot .
The other umpires didn't pay those frees
And north permitted to play on yet that umpire always brought the Eagles back
And north thumping Yarran over and over
I'll give you Boyd getting bashed over and over he's no angel
Sorry what north did as in roughing up to get a fight going
Was so much like the Jarman age didn't win you a flag back then

You must have been at a different game to me. North never got one goal from a holding the ball decision. The only goal they got from a free was from an in the back free to Harvey in the last quarter and that free was clearly there.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Interesting one umpire
Can't have an advantage from a mark, must be brought back to the marking player.

Not sure about the frees inside North's 50, stats tell a different story (unless they occured just outside 50).

Frees For I50 - Eagles 6, North 2
HTB Frees For I50 - Eagles 2, North 0

scott
scott

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:47 pm

of the games i've seen this year my observation is i think they're happy to let 'throws' go so the ball is still moving, imho the powers at be just want the ball moving as much as possible, hence the new out of bounds free kick....................................btw the is no rule/law stating that free kicks have to be equal or close to equal
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:54 pm

bayman wrote:of the games i've seen this year my observation is i think they're happy to let 'throws' go so the ball is still moving, imho the powers at be just want the ball moving as much as possible, hence the new out of bounds free kick....................................btw the is no rule/law stating that free kicks have to be equal or close to equal

I agree that there is no law that free kicks have to be equal, but when teams are evenly matched the frees usually are also fairly even.

4 times in a row today Eagles players tried to break tackles, each time they were spun 360 degrees, appeared to throw the ball and each time the umpire called play on. Very frustrating.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:04 pm

yep, it is/would be frustrating, yet if you lay on the ball for 2 seconds your pinged, hardly a chance to get rid of it in my book, as i said i think it is just about keeping the ball moving & getting higher scores, back to the 1980's if you will
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:31 am

scott wrote:

Interesting one umpire

Can't have an advantage from a mark, must be brought back to the marking player.

Not sure about the frees inside North's 50, stats tell a different story (unless they occured just outside 50).

Frees For I50 - Eagles 6, North 2
HTB Frees For I50 - Eagles 2, North 0

wasn't play on from marks let's say number 1 I recall Almond taken down north player in his back on top of him Eagles moved the ball on Eagles player the third in line kicked the ball the fourth Eagles player marked it no player stopped no player was held up
So four Eagles players touched the ball play wasn't halted suddenly on the mark whistle blown ball taken back . Why the ball wasn't held up four Eagles players moved the ball well 3 the fourth marked it why go back to give Almond a free that wasn't needed .
And Halls holding the ball free against him . He stripped the ball of a north player who slapped him twice on the back two steps after being slapped not being held didn't go further than two steps holding the ball why he was slapped no the back not held .
That one I guess why the north fans yell Ball everytime a north player touches an opposition player
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 am

bayman wrote:yep, it is/would be frustrating, yet if you lay on the ball for 2 seconds your pinged, hardly a chance to get rid of it in my book, as i said i think it is just about keeping the ball moving & getting higher scores, back to the 1980's if you will

It's more frustrating watching one umpire pay holding the ball like that .
The other 2 umpires don't .
While it's a pain if all three do it but really frustrating if only one does
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:45 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
bayman wrote:of the games i've seen this year my observation is i think they're happy to let 'throws' go so the ball is still moving, imho the powers at be just want the ball moving as much as possible, hence the new out of bounds free kick....................................btw the is no rule/law stating that free kicks have to be equal or close to equal

I agree that there is no law that free kicks have to be equal, but when teams are evenly matched the frees usually are also fairly even.

4 times in a row today Eagles players tried to break tackles, each time they were spun 360 degrees, appeared to throw the ball and each time the umpire called play on. Very frustrating.

I'll give you part of that one Rockey they were spun 360 but from a distance appeared to be handballed
But rough play by North not really good but didn't get reported yes sometimes frees against at least one should be trial by video .
I won't ask about Boyd I guess he isn't an angel .
But 18 yo Yarran 68 kilos skinny little kid trial against North your team hit into him shockingly and again yesterday the same . While it hurt him he didn't give up
Why the rough play since a trial game what am I missing here did he refuse to play for north or something.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by William Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am

I did notice Yarran get targeted alot any reason for this?

With the holding the ball rule or any rule in general i think consistency is the key?
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next