Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval

+2
Paul
Ben W
6 posters

Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval Empty Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:31 pm

Centrals (3rd 1-1 62.50%) v South (2nd 3-0 61.94)
Saturday 16 April
My Money House Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Centrals started so well, and faded just as badly against Sturt, while South made a clean sweep of their opening 3 home games. Will Centrals bounce back at home, or will South continue their great early season form away from Noarlunga.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval

Post by bayman Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:37 am

i think Central will win at home, as we all know they grow another leg at Elizabeth, if South who are playing very well win i'd say they can be counted as the real deal, Central by 19 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 16 April @ My Money House Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:50 am

bayman wrote:i think Central will win at home, as we all know they grow another leg at Elizabeth, if South who are playing very well win i'd say they can be counted as the  real deal, Central by 19 points

I agree to some extent. Elizabeth or what ever its called this year, hasnt exactly a happy hunting ground for the panthers, although we had a draw last year and won there in 2014 if I remember correctly.In fact some of Souths most disastrous performances have been at Elizabeth over the last 20 years.
if South can get over the line here, I think they will be making a huge statement, although the true test will come in May when they face the 2 AFL sides.
Ive been impressed with the boys in the 2 games Ive seen this season, Im tipping South by 24 points. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:58 pm

South have had a concentration of home matches to start the season and have played some of the best footy we have seen from the Panthers for a while, yet all of that counts for little if we cannot get over the line over the Dogs this week at the Ponderosa. Looking forward to getting down and watching this one, South by 17pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:36 pm

South by 8 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 pm

SA - 17.6 (108)

CD - 11.11 (77)

GOAL KICKERS:

SA - S.Overall 4, B.Eddy 3, A.Gulden, B.Seccull 2, N.Liddle, D.Bass, J.Cross, R.Barnes, M.Rankine, E.Irra 1

CD - J.Hoskin 3, J.Templeton, D.Fort 2, D.Hill, C.Jansen, B.Dew, L.Habel 1

Great win by the Panthers, we dont win at Elizabeth too often, and thw win today was a great one for the diehards of the club..(like moi!). Persistence paid off in the end for South who just kept going at it even when the Dogs threatened to come back several times in the game. I also think that our fitness told in the end when we kicked away in the second half of the last quarter. Difficult to pick our best but personally i thought Secull and Gulden were good along with Liddell & Bass.

A few quick words about the umpiring..inconsistent, insipid,incompetent ,appalling, confusing and inept. In the finish the whistle would be blown and no-one- players or spectators had a clue what the men in green were any idea what they would pay. It didnt favour any team, and ultimately didnt have a bearing on the result, but it was easily one of the worst displays Ive seen in watching sanfl for over 50 years.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Absolutely correct Blue & White you deserved the win but like you said
the umpiring was atrocious when you have players on both sides not having any idea what was going on how are we as spectators supposed to know.They didnt affect the result but i like you have never seen a worse umpiring performance.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:35 am

First, congratulations to South. They were deserved winners, and it's clear to see why they're now 4-0. They'll be one of the teams to beat this year if they keep playing like that.

Unfortunately the game won't be remembered for how well South played, but rather the awful umpiring. That was one of the worst displays of umpiring I have ever seen. Ridiculously overumpired (60 frees for the game), and yet they were woefully inconsistent. As has been said above, no one had a clue what they were doing yesterday, and I don't think they even knew what they were doing yesterday either. They ruined the game yesterday and have completely overshadowed what was a good win to South.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 am

The disappointing part is the cretins will umpire league again next week because the SANFL will say they did a great job.They should ask the clubs & players what they thought.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:17 am

I have got to say that E-mans goal in the last quarter was one for the ages...took off from the defensive side of centre if I recall, ran and bounced around 4-5 opposition players brushing aside a few tackles, ran to 25 m and slotted the goal. Not bad for a guy who probably hadnt seen a football 6 yrs ago.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:43 am

I left my Friday night budget home & wasn't going to buy a second one, so anyway who is number 30 for Central ? I can't recall seeing him before but he looks good, onto the footy Central threw everything at South & South absorbed & responded to the pressure like a good side, I think they are the real deal.......as for the umpiring just about every rule was enforced yesterday like running too far, you usually don't see that too often & we saw it at least twice, I saw one decision given a throw which it was but the umpire was behind the players & had to guess it was rather than see it was, they over umpired the game for sure but I'm not sure they were as incompetent as some of you guys think, all in all an enjoyable day at the football
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Both sides werent happy if you get those muppets umpiring a Glenelg game see if you think they do a good job.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:36 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Both sides werent happy if you get those muppets umpiring a Glenelg game see if you think they do a good job.

That statement you've answered yourself, you guys were & rightly so emotionally invested/involved with your teams in it, I'll repeat as a neutral the game was over umpired but they weren't as bad as some suggested, we all see footy differently & that's how I saw it yesterday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:10 pm

Bayman i respect your opinion on the umpires but i pose the question when you get supporters from both clubs saying they were a joke then i wonder why you think they didnt do a bad job.Even Blue & White who is a passionate South supporter and they won the game thinks they were terrible.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Bayman i respect your opinion on the umpires but i pose the question when you get supporters from both clubs saying they were a joke then i wonder why you think they didnt do a bad job.Even Blue & White who is a passionate South supporter and they won the game thinks they were terrible.

it is just the way we all see it & i didn't say they were great, i said i didn't think they were as terrible as you guys think
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum