Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg

4 posters

Go down

Who is the best AFL Player to come from Glenelg?

Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_lcap11%Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_lcap0%Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_lcap11%Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_lcap0%Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_lcap78%Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg I_vote_rcap 78% 
[ 7 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg Empty Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg

Post by Ben W Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 pm

So from the list provided, who is the best of these players to come from Glenelg and play in the AFL?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg Empty Re: Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg

Post by Scrunch Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:01 am

Sticks, and comfortably imho
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg Empty Re: Best AFL Player to come out of Glenelg

Post by UncleHuey Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Sticks - Brad Otten could have got a mention, not that I would have voted for him
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:57 pm

Only going on memory here, but I think Sticks kicked 700-odd goals and up to the end of his career was about 10th on the all time goal kicking list. No major biggie there, but remember that he spent his whole career (more or less) at Centre Half Forward.

Everybody talks about Carey (Wayne) during this era, but I don't think Sticks gets quite the recognition he deserves.
Sticks averaged slightly more goals per game than Carey. 2.91 to 2.67 also.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum