Finals

5 posters

Go down

Finals Empty Finals

Post by Lee Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 am

It seems that the top 5, barring massive form changes, is just about set.

Eagles, Norwood, Port, West and South look assured of playing finals.

It's likely that the Eagles might finisj minor premiers, or go close, while South are likely to finish 5th.

That leaves 2 double chance spots between Port, Norwood and West.

You would think Norwood should wrap up one spot, although the second half of the season might be a challenge for them.

That leaves West and Port for one spot?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Finals Empty Re: Finals

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes I think the Eagles are a lock for Minor Premier now .. Given the depth they have even injury concerns possibly wouldn't derail them. Think the remaining spots are as you have mentioned, and will be fascinating to follow. Norwood don't seem the same and other clubs appear to have finally worked them out, yet are still capable of beating most on their day. West remind me a lot of the early 2012 Norwood, very capable at both ends and Port well we know the quality of their cattle, we just don't know which of them will be available.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:19 pm

I wouldn't say it's a complete foregone conclusion, as Centrals has a game in hand over South and Sturt, and obviously is still to play either club in their return bout.

If Centrals have a strong run home, then it could make for a salivating final round game between Centrals and South at Noarlunga.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:30 pm

I think that if the Bays can beat Sturt next weekend the finals race would be set barring a big turnaround in form.
Centrals would need everything to go right from here and South to have the wobbles.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm tipping a Port v Eagles Grand Final, with Port winning.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Port will be an interesting one. If they reach a point in time where they put a line through AFL finals, do they bring some elder statesmen back to the Magpies to get some game into youth at AFL level, thus making the Magpies stronger? Alternatively do they send a few blokes off to go under the knife in readiness for the next pre-season, and thus weakening the Magpies?

The Dogs look to have hit their straps but it's a big ask to win the amount they'll likely require, so I would imagine the 5 is set with just the order to be finalised
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down