Recycled Water

2 posters

Go down

Recycled Water Empty Recycled Water

Post by Ben W Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:45 pm

I noticed yesterday that the City of Charles Sturt are installing the purple and black recycled water pipes around the Ovals at the Fitzroy Lions football club. I am not sure if the amatuer league sides have to pay for the water that is used to water the oval or if the councils have to pay for it, yet in any event its clearly going to save someone some money and be a far better use of it than pumping it out into the gulf.

I did then wonder if the same system is being provided to Woodville Oval and along those lines if the councils water recycling system has come about as a result of the works on Port Rd to redirect storm water or recycle in in whatever way they do for reuse in the local community?

It would seem to me that if the other SANFL clubs were able to get linked onto a system like this it might represent a reasonable saving to the club. Just wondering if anyone is across if this is already happening and what the future plans of Charles Sturt are in relation to extending this to other sporting clubs in the community?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Recycled Water Empty Re: Recycled Water

Post by bayman Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:15 pm

saving water is obviously a great initiative but seeing this is on a footy ground, i can remember the days when Adelaide & its suburbs hadn't had rain yet you could turn up to Richmond Oval & it'd be almost under water
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down