Centrals call for AFL out of SANFL

3 posters

Go down

Centrals call for AFL out of SANFL Empty Centrals call for AFL out of SANFL

Post by Flag No.10 Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 am

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/new-sanfl-chief-jake-parkinson-says-state-league-is-not-suffering-from-crows-and-power-reserves/story-fndv7pj3-1227353939560

Kris Grant saying they want the AFL Reserves teams out of the competition. There are whispers that that sentiment could be gaining some traction. I believe the SANFL clubs need to give the AFL clubs 12 months notice of such a decision, so they would still be in the SANFL next year, but if the clubs wanted them out of the 2017 season they'd need to advise them by about November this year.

If this happened, do people think those SANFL supporters who walked away after the introduction of the AFL teams would return, or are they lost forever?
And would there be a significant (and damaging) loss of publicity and promotion for the SANFL if the AFL teams were booted out?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Centrals call for AFL out of SANFL Empty Re: Centrals call for AFL out of SANFL

Post by Ben W Fri May 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Central voted against it as did South Adelaide. Considering how the attendance numbers have dropped this season it would not be unreasonable for a discussion on the reasons why and even blind freddy can see that it is as a direct result of the AFL sides in the SANFL and the open rorting that has gone on since. Many people have turned in their SANFL memberships and walked away. How the SANFL win those people back is anyones guess.

I would rather the AFL teams compete in the VFL rather than the SANFL, yet I cant see how you shut the gate once the horse has bolted?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 15, 2015 9:25 pm

if the AFL was more interested in Australian rules' football & the integrity that goes with it than the almighty dollar then no doubt there would be an AFL reserves competition already in place, professional footballers should be playing in a professional competition whether that be the top 22 or the next in line playing in their OWN competition
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down