Collingwood vs Adelaide
Gold Coast vs St.Kilda
Port Adelaide vs Sydney
Geelong vs Fremantle
Essendon vs Hawthorn
North Melbourne vs Brisbane
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 2 stuff Empty Re: Round 2 stuff

Post by Lee Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Agree, except I think GWS will beat Melbourne and Brisbane to beat North Melbourne.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:21 am

Round 2 is upon us.

Friday night mock buster - The Weagles host the Blues in the West. Who thought this would make a good Friday night fixture, FFS? The Weagles can't lose to Carlton. Simply can't. Won't really matter for either sides chances to be honest. Try and stay awake to see the end of this one if you can. Weagles by 45 in front of their lot.

Saturday at an almost traditional time slot of 1:45 pm has Richmond host the Bulldogs at the G. Can the Doggies make it two in a row or the Tigers give their hopeless fans hope? The Tigers, just. I think they'll be to strong in the air for the very capable young Doggies midfield who look very promising. If you win the toss Cotch, kick with it.

All eyes then go to Spotless for GWS and the Dees. Two undefeated sides do battle, whodathunkit. GWS at home to keep rising up the ladder while Dees' fans try and work out what Roos means by "selection pressure". Should be a reasonable contest this one, as far as quality of play goes. Completely different to the last 5 times they've played each other.

Twilight ( not the **** vampire stuff ) footy under lights at the Dome Wink will see Collingwood try and back up their win in Brisvegas with a win over the premiership favorites, Adelaide. Adelaide will be too slick for the 'Pies. Adelaide to be 2/0 come dinner time Saturday night and Tex will probably save a puppy from drowning in the Yarra. What a guy. Bottom Sidesteel is a loss to the 'Pies midfield, his busted thumb hurts. Well, it would.

The Suns get the Saints on the Goldy. Poor Saints fans, so close, yet so far. Suns in a canter. Saints fans will think that round 1 was "the win we missed". They'll be ok most of the year, the Saints, but ok won't win you any games. Rocket will take off if the Sunny boys are 0/2. GAblett to look fitter than last week.

They put us back together again Wink at AO Saturday night for the match of the round. Port v Sydney. Some will march from the mall, plenty will sing at the opening bounce and then the footy will start. Hooray. Port coming back from Perth after a loss, Sydney coming back from ANZ after a win. Cracking contest. Port need to win, I hope we do, I'm not sure we will.

Geelong host the Dockers for the first of three in a row a shitty hollow....sleepy, sleepy hollow. Freo love playing the Cats, Stevie J won't have Ben Johnson running with him. The Cats will be smarting after having their pants pulled down. Freo will have their umm, anchors away after a good win. Fremantle to pressure the Cats out of it. Just.

The "Not guilty" face the Hawks on Sunday afternoon. Good luck with that. Hawks by whatever they want it to be by. The "Not guilty" might stick with them for a little while now that they've gone and done their preseason camp at ANZ in Sydney. Big spenders.

Then the honesty box gets closed so the Kangas can beat the Lions and everything will be great Scott again. At least for half of the twins, anyway. Kangas to bounce back from a stinker. The Lions will struggle with a broken Rockliff ( OUCH! ) out of the side.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am

West Coast vs Carlton
Richmond vs Western Bulldogs
GWS vs Melbourne
Collingwood vs Adelaide
Gold Coast vs St.Kilda
Port Adelaide vs Sydney
Geelong vs Fremantle
Essendon vs Hawthorn
North Melbourne vs Brisbane
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm

West Coast
Richmond
Melbourne
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port
Fremantle
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 pm

West Coast 20.11.131 defeated Carlton 9.8.62

Kennedy got 10
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Half time

Western Bulldogs 5.8
Richmond 3.6

Quarter time

Melbourne 4.2
GWS 0.2
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:49 pm

Half time

Melbourne 7.3
GWS 2.6
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:41 pm

3/4 time

GWS 11.8
Melbourne 7.6

Last 10 goals to GWS, Melbourne back to what we expect Rolling Eyes
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Western Bulldogs 12.13.85 defeated Richmond 9.12.66
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:44 pm

GWS beat Melbourne by about 50

Early 2nd quarter

Adelaide 3.9
Collingwood 0.2
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Adelaide 10.14 lead Collingwood 3.6
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Adelaide 12.18.90 defeated Collingwood 9.9.63. Collingwood the last 5 goals.

St.Kilda 16.8.104 defeated Gold Coast 10.16.76
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Sydney 14.8.92 defeated Port 6.8.44

#nevertearusapart
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Paul wrote:Sydney 14.8.92 defeated Port 6.8.44

#nevertearusapart

they weren't torn apart, they were blown away, seriously though they've played two very good teams i'm sure they'll bounce back shortly
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:36 pm

Fremantle beat Geelong by a lot.

Essendon beat Hawthorn by 2 points with 3 goals in the last 3-4 minutes.
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Love your previews, Booney, very enjoyable.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:16 pm

North Melbourne thumped Brisbane by 82 points
Paul
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:10 am

The Essendon v Hawthorn game was a breathtaking game of the highest class.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:16 am

Carlton thought the 00’s were painful after their draft sanctions, that’s got nothing on what they’ve got ahead of them. *smiles*

Bulldogs are exciting to watch and have some real top shelf mid’s to work with and I think did the right thing chasing Boyd ( paid overs, but they need a big unit to kick to ). Richmond, I’d have the balls to tell people I changed clubs, I’d take that ridicule over the pain of barracking for them.

Gaz is playing less than 50%, surely, he’s laid one tackle in two games, the rest of the side hasn’t laid many more though! Rocket has some work ahead of him, not a free kick to finals wins that he thought.

Adelaide are genuine, but thin, they’ll need every ounce of luck to keep Jacobs ( who is very durable ), Talia, Hartigan and Jenkins all fit. If they do, they can be top 4.

Port peaked too early last year, I think we learnt from that, but Freo and Sydney aren’t sides to give players “a run” against. It hasn’t paid off, or has it? They ( Wingard, Trengove, Hartlett ) might all be better for “a run”. Massive week ahead, North then the Hawks and Crows. My chin(s) are still up though.

GWS, I think, went ahead of the Suns last year in my finals expectations. Saturday showed it, if you’re a genuine side, you beat Melbourne this year.

Geelong are cooked, Enright will have to much work for his old legs this year, Bartel can’t be played everywhere and Kelly has a mind moving faster than his legs while the “next” group appear to be going nowhere. Fremantle have added some attack to their game style, it’s pleasing to see. Better than shut down fall asleep footy.

Kanga’s couldn’t have asked for a softer match up after their round 1 disaster. Brisbane are fickle at full strength and seriously suspect when they’ve got a gun or two out. Who will kick goals for the Bears?

Hawthorn will be livid, seriously livid this morning. They had the Bombers cooked with 10 minutes to go and took the foot off. Essendon kept fighting, good on them, no, screw them, cheats. Hawthorn players ( Hodge, Lewis and Burgoyne ) all were smiling after the game. Pretty much “Oh well, it’s round 2, who cares”. Good luck whoever has them next week!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:40 am

Early days, yes, but.....

I can see Carlton finishing bottom. No forwards. They have traded 3, 50 goal forwards in the last 2 years.

Gold Coast look pretty wobbly at present and may not progress to finals like most thought.

I reckon there will be quite a few aberrations in the results. Bulldogs, Saints and possibly Melbourne might cause a few upsets that could have the predicted lower 8 finishing in almost any order.

I have picked Richmond twice and I think their supporters are the most tolerant group on the planet. So much heartbreak for so long. Not so sure I will be so quick to pick them again.

If Port only win one or none of their initial 5 games, that is going to be hard to recover from. And it could seriously happen. They need to pick up their game quickly.

My opinion on Adelaide shall await a game or two against a top 4 side.

The season could be a bit topsy turvy on current results.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down