A Mum
mickyj
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fishing Empty Fishing

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Yes I'm here so why not start a topic on Fishing Smile
Ok this has been posted everywhere except here I resisted but you guys need a few more posts .this is my report from Sunday largest Bream landed was 26cm last bream landed well it swallowed the treble up to the split ring.

I set off for the Pat parked not in my normal spot .Looked at the sky put on a jacket and tied on a popper lure .Nothing zipp nada .
So I quickly tied on a the coffee and purple stripped Yozuri .Wasn't going well when a fishing mate wandered along .He had already landed 2 bream and a ST when we met .We talked and flicked he got a ST .Then I got one at roughly 7.30 am a half an hour of fishing for me!!
Fishing Abs4nr
We kepy casting and flicking and I said IMHO with the wind at our backs bet all the bream are on the other side .Parted company for a short time saw him again in a nice location and he was showing me a 38cm Bream .I threw around in the same area for nothing.
Now heading back to the other side of the Pat I swapped yozuris for that killer gold black and orange one.
Started off the same as before nothing ran into my mate again said I'll keep going .
Rest gets a little blury lets just say I kept walking and casting at "Structure" heres the results largest Bream I personally landed was only 26cm but it fought very well and I thought it was going to bust me off lmao .
Fishing 308cf83
Fishing 2m6o2l5
Fishing 214xov7
Fishing F2ih39
Fishing 14o5c7p
Fishing D4fty
Fishing 2mzb41u
Fishing 357iu5u
Fishing 8yx4m0
Now hopefully thats all of them I know I got very hot in my jacket lmao .I just kept walking and casting did lose a few tail spitters .But all in all what a morning .First and last fish caught on the seaward side of the Pat .
That was well worth getting up and having a flick
Mick
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Fishing Empty Re: Fishing

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:28 pm

This Bream its the one in my avatar .Caught this one a few weeks back in an almost dodge tide situation water was very low .28cms legal and I showed the guy who sold me the yozuri lure he was so excited gave me a free lure!!
Fishing 235oih
Fishing 9au8w5
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Well what a hard morning fish wise today .Should have been a good day to fish .But I had a wee bit of trouble seems I wasn't alone not much was being caught in the pat.
Did manage to land this 24cm just before I left for home .If you can see it there was a very hard white lump/film on the Breams face one of the trebles got caught in it .
Fishing 10cvuj9

Sorry not much of a report not a lot happened .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Today was even harder everyone was catching ST's except me I managed a little 16cm Bream .A mate and I were fishing this bream just jumped out the water and swallowed the treble as I was lifting the lure out .So lucky fish no growths .
Fishing 2cnfwcx
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Well the last two weeks didn't work well for me fishing wise .The large amount of water from that Wednesday night dirtied the Pat up for the last 2 weeks .And with a foot injury I had decided not to walk the entire length or try the poo bowl either .Wasn't sure to drive or walk to each new spot.
So with baited breath I drove to the Pat before dawn .From what I could tell the water looked ok .Had a couple of casts and watched with dismay as a very nice sized Bream followed my chrome blue and oranged bellied Yozuri .
Undeterred I tryed a couple more casts nothing .I then cast towards some disturbance in the water not far from my car park .And bang a smallish Salmon Trout was trying to fight me.
Fishing 2v97srd
Sorry for this picture it was still Dark and I used my phone case to show size .
Bouyed that I had broken the drought of my last two weeks I continued on .At this stage I had decided to slow down my fishing .Instead of 1 or 2 casts in a single spot I tried 4 or more just to slow myself down .Not my retrieving just the amount of time spent in each area.
Anyway I kept walking and casting and trying to vary where each cast went .From in close to out further and deeper .With more follows from small Bream than I've had in 3 weeks I was getting a wee bit frustrated .
But then I was hit in close by a larger fish and sure enough after a much bigger battle on my 2lb braid .I landed a very nice 27cm Bream in the dawn light which had taken both trebles.
Fishing 2h72yhz
With my old fishing knife I used for comparison and here's a close up on the under belly of the lure!
Fishing 1q6fqr
So with that fish under my belt I looked further up the Pat .Knowing I couldn't without injurying myself worse (well my hiking boots were oh so comfy lol), I crossed to the other side of the pat .Wont say if I drove or walked lol just to protect my spot lmao.
Anyway from 1 rock wall to another rock wall on the otherside .I kept getting follows from tiny bream .Really getting frustrated that the surface was calm in spots and that large bream were getting spooked I kept going on my way.
Nearing the End of my session I got a nice hit from a smaller Bream and a smaller 22 cm gets landed.
Fishing 2rh61d2
And one showing the same lure as before
Fishing Okwwut
Basicly that was my session short sharp and fish landed what a way to start a Friday !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm

Well no footy today so off I headed to the Pat .I was hoping for a wee bit more surface action from the wind .
What I got was a cold wind that felt like it was straight off the south pole lmao.
So not very much to report not many fish seen to start with did get some small Salmon Trout .Well not so true I should have snapped a picture of some strange fish schooling in the over head light they looked wierd maybe some kind of puffers they did attempt to mouth lure number 1 .
I started the day with baby crank lure had a wee bit of trouble casting into the wind and getting the lure down deep enough so I switched to the good ole gold black and orange yozuri resisted using the chrome 1 two days in a row !!
Number 1 in the dark
Fishing E5ocue
Number 2 went off like a crack addict no way I could keep it on the lawn lol
Fishing 2qxp8xy
Number3 was caught in a different spot for me I should have put a towel down .And to my eyes it was the biggest of the three . It well and truly swallowed the treble which was good as I had to lift that fish some height to land it !!!
Fishing N6rn4
PS Not my cig butt lol
Cheers
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Any way I got to the Pat pre dawn and off I went . Now I was determined to walk only a short distance again today,hopefully if I get back to the long walk next week .
Any way I was in the water early a few follows in the dark . And I made sure I was retrieving slowly . By 6am I had landed this little 21cm Bream I couldnt take a picture of its mouth but I think it swallowed my lure and a slightly smaller bait fish . I think u can just see it sticking out its mouth.
Fishing Veacki
and the close up
Fishing 350js5x
After this fish I moved along not much was going on.What I thought were Salmon Trout were jumping notthing was biting .Then this little Salmon Trout took my lure
Fishing Ws8nc2
Crossing to the otherside..... of the Pat lmao .And waiting for the sun to rise more I was wandering and casting I came across some sunlight . And I was on again with another 21cm Bream
Fishing Amf5oh
And the close up
Fishing 206g5ky
After this I wandered over to one my favourite areas of the Pat . But it was still to early for this area to produce I did get surprised by another small Salmon Trout
Fishing 6ed9tv

And at this point my fishing really ended .I managed to meet one of the locals of my age . And it was one of those for the grace of god there goes me . I think he felt way better for talking to me.
That was my weekend fishing wise .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Good stuff Mickyj Very Happy
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:31 pm

A Mum wrote:Good stuff Mickyj Very Happy

Thanks mum
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:39 pm

Well the cat was warned dont wake me up at 4.37 or else !! So she didnt she woke me at 4.28am lmao oh well I needed to get up and go fishing anyway lmao.
Anyway once me and the cat had breaky off I set .
Could have been it was good friday or where I parked as it was still in that part of the Pat .But the morning had an erie feeling to it pre dawn someone in one of the houses was playing music loud .And when a large bird flew out of a tree and over my head I woke up lmao.
Anyway by that time I was rigged up and ready to fish .Didnt take to long perhaps cast 3 or 4 and a very slow retrieve I was on with my first Bream of the day !!!
Not a huge fish measuring only 22cm but it was a fatty sorry about the picture but it was 6am and darkish lol
Fishing E1aujl
So moving along I found some largish fish perhaps mullet that were getting rather friendly with each other and not interested in feeding .And they were on the surface .Found a school of Salmon Trout which were'nt hungry either .So I kept casting and walking.
Half an hour after fish number 1 and a police car that checked me out second time in a week fishing lol . I was on nothing large just a Salmon Trout or is it a Tommy you cant see it but it had black in its tail !!
Fishing 5d936
At this stage it went rather quiet Salmon Trout were jumping nothing was biting .I had the odd mini me Bream follow and try to suck the lure to death .But there was nothing much going on .Thinking of my achilles injury I had to toss up keep going or go to the other side of the Pat!!.
With the sky at that stage covered in heavy dark cloud and no shadows cast on the water.I decided to head to the other side of the Pat.Now I resisted trying one of my favourite spots as it was still to early in the am .
So as I had done in the past at another fishing location I tried a beach .Lots of follows from mini me bream . With four casts and an even slower retrieve I landed this really small but bigger than the mini me bream in the teens I'm afraid .But the shot shows it took the lure in the lip was well and truly hooked.
Fishing 2lmmfjp
I kept going but decided to head back to one of my preferred spots .With the wind at my back I managed another small Salmon tout
Fishing K4gizk
Then began a period that was just as slow as my time on the other side .Alas this time I could see the bream and they could see me .I just couldnt get a hit and with no sun for shadows I couldnt hide and the wind was coming and going .
I did however land one more Salmon Trout solid hit and although you can not tell it was the largests Salmon Trout of the day much bigger and I would have got the tape measure out lol.
Fishing Oscz2c
So that was my almost 3 hours at the Pat nothing huge but fun !!
Happy Easter everyone
Mick
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:49 am

Well it ended up a very quick flick today , I was intending to walk and cast the entire Pat .But my Achilles injury weather the Fish well they went off the bite very fast.
So I go down to the pat pre dawn again and after a couple of casts had my frist bream landed just before 6 am. It wasn't huge but a solid 22cm that put a smile on my dial and she did fight well.
Fishing 34ybl82
I kept walking and casting for what seemed hours when I landed this out of focus lol Salmon Trout !! I measured this one as it put up a nice fight all of 20cm
Fishing Bkb35
Not the very next cast but just about bail arm wasn't closed the lure didnt move .And this tiny out of focus Salmon Trout was hitting the lure and landed .
Fishing Vdilgy
So my morning was coming along nicely !! Just a few more metres and a large hit water going every which way .This lovely fat bream put up a great fight in shallow water and my heart was pumping !!!
Fishing 2h7p9px
So with my heart pumping I kept going but after that first hour that was it, I stayed for almost 3 walked a fair distance . Achilles was playing up the fish went off the bite and the rain came .So I headed home happy and wanting more fish lol.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Well firstly sorry for the late pictures football and health put me off last week. Was a very tough Sunday last week.Very little water in the pat and the gates being open .I only managed 2 Salmon Trout
Fishing 2i911xg
Fishing 1zvwjft

Totally different today lots of water and a cold wind blowing .Arrived way to early and have to admit I walked one side of the pat.And didnt get a follow swapping to my 3rd lure of the morning a $5 Big W buy .Produced a follow then a snag then a tiny Bream that shook the lure once on the surface !!
Not much happened I couldnt fish many of my favourite spots due to the wind .But when I could I landed a small 20cm Bream
Fishing 348kjgl
And then a 20cm Salmon Trout which fought better than the Bream LOL
Fishing 6rk9w9
Then back to my car that was it at least I had a flick !!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Went back to a couple of West Lakes Beaches I haven't tried in a year or so .Had limited time tried with a rush of blood seeing the movement on the water by the wind .Started with a reverse crystal popper lots of follows from fish both large and small no hits or hook ups .Threw on a normal popper nothing .
Switched over to a clear strike pro prawn that's when I decided I was just going to have FUN . With about 12 yakers (I think could have been less lol) going up and down from me .Thought this is now tough .
Nothing serious was going to happen cast this prawn into some rocks and weed . Didnt even know I had a fish time for a laugh lure was bigger !!
Fishing 33lgpk6
Went a bit further along the rock wall I was walking accross damned if the bream started to jump at the prawn before it went under .No hook ups but a few jumps .
Did manage another tiny bream
Fishing Wl94t5
And then the cold came in a few rain spots while I could find the bigger fish they wouldnt take a lure .

So only jokes guys nothing serious only posted these as I 'm having a laugh at myself Smile
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Have been really busy but managed to have a flick at the Pat this morning .was planning on West lakes but time wouldnt allow it . I bought a ghost vibe blade .
third cast under a walkway
Fishing 15572u1
bit further along
Fishing 10rk09h
closer look of the blade
Fishing 35k905y

I enjoyed using a different lure today .Was and still worried about losing it in the rocks .Next trip hopefully to the beaches of the lake.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Well its been awhile since i posted anything to do with fishing .While I was going winter and just after winter the fishing dies off .Both west Lakes and the Pat get this rather awful weed growing through out the water ways .
Having said that and getting awoken by the cat , knowing it was alos going to be hot . I got out of bed as quick as i could Laughing .
The first part of the Pat I fished was weed free Very Happy .That gave me a great chance or so I thought no fish follows . No fish of ny size swimming around .As I ventured furthered out in the lake section more and more weed .I did get a small touch on my lure and after a few more casts in that area no fish I moved on.
Cursing myself for fishing the pat and not west lakes I scared off a rather nice looking bream tail.
Then nothing I kept casting and walking nothing.The amount of weed had pissed me off and I was heading home . When I scared off a group of large bream off the steps .
Not quite giving up I headed for an area that "NORMALLY" hold Bream and ST's .Nothing then after an hour and half my little 1000 reel was screaming bend in the rod .
What looked like a nice fish from above turned into a tiny 22cm bream !!!
Fishing 4jf38

So I'm back on the bream board Laughing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:11 pm

MICKYJ my son and i want to go fishing he lives in brahma lodge would largs bay or outer harbor be any good,if so what no hook and what bait is needed.Onya mate.
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Bundy wrote:MICKYJ my son and i want to go fishing he lives in brahma lodge would largs bay or outer harbor be any good,if so what no hook and what bait is needed.Onya mate.

Bundy I'm just a lure guy ill do my best .
Firstly go to a tackle shop and theyll tell you whats biting . You going in a boat off the rocks of outer harbour or the jetty at largs .There used to be a small jetty at outer harbour just before the break water thats where the wasps got me Shocked
Way back when i used to bait fish i always used cockles tube worms blood worms or gents .Normally caught something .But ask the tackle shop guys .
I know the Pat was not awake yet and ive seen the news and whats being caught in boats !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

OK thank you.
Bundy
Bundy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm

went down to the pat this morning after a slow start . I started catching Salmon trout 12 in total.Including thisdouble header
Fishing Aad6jt
I wont bore everyone but I also caught a large finger with my lure Shocked Laughing .After getting the lure snagged on some underlay in the rock I climbed down to get it free.Bottom hook came free and straight in my finger !!!
Somehow I drove to a medical centre that offered an ER service only to be told they dont open till jan14th .Was sent to ashford who wanted 300 bucks up front non refundable from medicare .
So I drove to the Queen Eliz where it was removed in about a minute for zero dollars !!!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 am

Havent bothered everyone for awhile . Been catching lots of Salmon Trout and the odd small bream
Today was rather hard caught 2 small Salmon Trout skinned me knee lost a lure .
Then landed this 30cm Bream which fought rather well and jumped way cool

Fishing N1cfap

Would you then believe a couple more steps a bream a lot bigger spat the trebles !!

Cheers
Mickyj
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 pm

OK so I hit the Pat this morning and found I had the entire place to myself fishing wise . Landed a total of 8 Bream
This is the largest at 34cms believe me my heart was going 100 miles an hour when i was landing this one !!
Fishing Sq4ig1
And me trying to hold it !!
Fishing 59swtu
At this point all i can say that was a rush the new combo performed fantastic and the rod had a huge curve in it !!.Better than the hook took this pic when I got home .
Fishing 2dvssx5
So that was the biggest Bream of the day and here is the smallest I've caught in years .It Was the same length as the grub I was using !!
Fishing 2u40v2r

So I had fun today did take a few minutes to gather my breath after that first fish !!! And once again thats as near as you can get to Fly Fishing for bream without fly fishing for bream lmao.

Cheers
Mick
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:43 pm

After a weekend in Melbourne yes I did find some bream guys
My best from today a legal and the pat was full of that dying weed

Fishing Xmizx4
Fishing 2hogsgj

Did get another bream and a couple of ST's had to chnage my Sp style for the bream .But it worked St's little buggers were a pest
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyEagles Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Keep on fishing. You could try extreme fishing Wink
MightyEagles
MightyEagles

Teams : Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm

MightyEagles wrote:Keep on fishing. You could try extreme fishing Wink

You mean like Robson Greene ME Not sure I can swear like he does ...... well ok I can . Very Happy

I have swapped to soft plastics two times doing this was enough .Dont have pictures in my finger but the one in my leg
One treble was in my sock and the fish the other treble was in my leg . Unlike my finger I could get it out after some effort !!
Fishing 2hnsxly
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:37 pm

All these dead fish washing up on the southern beaches - didn't think much of it - but when you see whiting and snapper - 2 of my favourite fish washing up I get a bit sad.

The government are saying 'algae' bloom - I see some of the public are saying 'sure, sure' - there's more to this.

Does make you wonder what's caused it.

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: