Booney
Ben W
countrycousin
the prowler
blueandwhite
Lee
10 posters

Go down

South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT Empty South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT

Post by Lee Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Media Release by South Adelaide

I wish to advise of the resignation of Evan Arnold from the position of Chief Executive Officer of the South Adelaide Football Club. In a recent presentation to the Club’s Board of Directors a recommendation for a new management structure for 2015 was adopted which included Evan’s resignation from the position of Chief Executive Officer. Importantly, the recommendation focused on the need to ensure continued investment and resources by the Club in football operations deemed critical to maintaining the on-field progress achieved at senior and junior level in 2014. I would like to thank Evan Arnold for his commitment to the club over the last two seasons. At a time of many changes and challenges to our game in this State, Evan has displayed great competence and professionalism. He remains very encouraging of the direction the Club is taking and is confident that the resurgence of the senior team and the improvement of the junior teams in 2014 can be continued as part of a period of sustained success for the Club that will provide enjoyment and value to our Club’s members, supporters and stakeholders. Evan’s last day with the Club will be on Friday 10th October 2014. Following this date, please call Theresa White at the Club on (08) 8186 8200 or on mobile 0431 752 753 for all media queries. There will be further communication prior to the end of October regarding the contact details of key personnel within the new structure of the club that will take effect from the start of the new financial year on November 1st 2014.

ANDREW LUCKHURST-SMITH Chairman

Last edited by Lee on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT Empty Re: South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Puzzled and bewildered..... Evil or Very Mad Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT Empty Re: South CEO Resigns: UPDATE - NEW APPOINTMENT

Post by Lee Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:27 pm

I think most clubs are reviewing their operations and looking to cut administration costs.

Interesting wording, in that the recommendation came from outside the Board, to the Board.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm

More in it than presented, I would guess.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 pm

It will be very interesting to see how South restructure. Sturt gave a lot of thought to the direction we took, after the departure of Matt Benson and we're quite happy with the way the new arrangements are working out.
Lee, what did West do after Kym Russell left?
Perhaps we're seeing changes beginning to ripple through the SANFL clubs' administrations, reflecting the very different status of our competition going forward?
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:52 pm

You're right,cc.

At West, we're working through similar issues and will be communicating with our members when that process is completed.

Recently, we've been working hard to contain and reduce costs and find solutions to improve our cash flow.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:51 pm

I think this is the right decision for all concerned at the club. I am not unhappy with the effort that he has put in, but do feel its the right time for another person to come in and have a go at the position.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 am

Lee wrote:You're right,cc.
At West, we're working through similar issues and will be communicating with our members when that process is completed.
Recently, we've been working hard to contain and reduce costs and find solutions to improve our cash flow.

Cash flow - Interesting discussion, I'm sure.

Beyond pokies ( does the club take into consideration the impact these have on society, or is it a given that the revenue generated is too much to consider the moral aspect? ), bar takings, Westies excellent function venue, raffles and sponsors etc there really isn't many options to increase "cash flow". Money.

Sponsors will be harder and harder to convince to come on board or be more generous as the economic struggle in SA grows and the measurable return to a sponsor increasingly difficult to quantify.

So Lee, what are the revenue streams clubs look at?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 am

Ben W wrote:I think this is the right decision for all concerned at the club. I am not unhappy with the effort that he has put in, but do feel its the right time for another person to come in and have a go at the position.

I sense there is more to this comment and story that Ben is letting on.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 am

Booney wrote:
Lee wrote:You're right,cc.

Cash flow - Interesting discussion, I'm sure.

Beyond pokies ( does the club take into consideration the impact these have on society, or is it a given that the revenue generated is too much to consider the moral aspect? ), bar takings, Westies excellent function venue, raffles and sponsors etc there really isn't many options to increase "cash flow". Money.

Sponsors will be harder and harder to convince to come on board or be more generous as the economic struggle in SA grows and the measurable return to a sponsor increasingly difficult to quantify.

So Lee, what are the revenue streams clubs look at?

I hope you understand that I'm a bit constrained as to what I can say, Booney, but I'll answer in terms that apply to most clubs.

First, I agree with you about pokies and the moral questions involved. I think all clubs are looking at ways to become less dependent on this revenue, but to wipe it out of clubs overnight would bankrupt most clubs, so it's a difficult question.

I think there is always the possibility of increasing revenue, but clubs will need to look outside the usual means and embrace new ways of operating to some extent. First, the clubs need to be as efficiently structured as possible. In South's case, I take it at face value that Evan Arnold has 'fallen on his own sword' for the good of the club and that he has recommended a structure that is less costly. He would have been a major cost, so I have no reason to disbelieve South's statements. Indeed, I can relate to it.

All clubs would be looking at their structure and the way they operate. West certainly are and I'm confident we will operate soundly for a long time to come.

The main thing is that whatever we do, our members will be involved at all times.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

I still maintain that collectivising potential revenue streams (ie like structured investments) through the sanfl is still an untapped possibility.

It also one that could develop over time.

I heard this floated a few years ago, but haven't heard anymore since.

Other association based sports have moved in this area, surf lifesaving being one.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Booney wrote:I sense there is more to this comment and story that Ben is letting on.

Yes, there are some questions being raised about the circumstances regarding the way the club dealt with the previous coach being raised, yet I am not across the specifics of all of them. Perhaps the issue is complicated a little by the fact that I supported Ron and opposed his sacking, yet now have to say that on form the club are likely vindicated by the decisions made, as for what it cost, I will leave that to others to comment on!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 pm

Ben W wrote:
Booney wrote:I sense there is more to this comment and story that Ben is letting on.

Yes, there are some questions being raised about the circumstances regarding the way the club dealt with the previous coach being raised, yet I am not across the specifics of all of them. Perhaps the issue is complicated a little by the fact that I supported Ron and opposed his sacking, yet now have to say that on form the club are likely vindicated by the decisions made, as for what it cost, I will leave that to others to comment on!

Sorry to disagrewith you BenW but..
the dismissal of the previous coach was the best and boldest decision the club has made in avery long time.To persist with someone who clearly had lost the playing group was pointless. If Ron had continued in 2014 we would have to have found almost an entirely new list. So whilst it cost a lot of money in my opinion it was money wel lspent and the results this year speak for themselves.
As for Evan... he is someone I consider a friend. In my dealings with him I have found him to be a great people person, something the club sadly lacked until his arrival, and a good administrator.
His departure to me is all about the almighty dollar... Sadly...it needs to be said... that ALL sanfl clubs are "on the bones of their collective arses"...and the sale of Max Basheer Reserve and the distribution and direction of the funds derived from that sale are paramount to the future of the SANFL.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Chambo I agree that, in the longer term -say 2 to 3 years, the things you mention will come to pass. At this stage we're still in the very early phase of reinventing the SANFL in its new role as, firstly a major shareholder in the Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA). Secondly a property developer, in regard to its West Lakes holdings. And thirdly, of course, the management authority of State level football.
I read the other day that the AOSMA is forecasting a very slim surplus, barely above break even, in its first year of operation. This is not unexpected, given the teething problems that accompany any new development. At this stage I think all the existing clubs would be looking at managing their own affairs as tightly as possible, while the bigger picture is sorting itself out. I think the evidence is pretty clear, whoever you talk to, that's exactly what's happening. Batten down the hatches, survive and the future prospects are good.
PS. Having read the last bit of blueandwhite's post, which just crossed with mine. I don't think that things are quite that desperate. I's pretty tight I agree, but we're some way from the fire sale situation yet.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:12 pm

the only two thoughts i had on hearing this is for the first time in a long time they've got stability & secondly if the bloke with the microphone goes it'll be a godsend (unless he's already gone)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:14 pm

The cost to pay out the previous coach has probably cost Evan's job.

I was shocked to receive the email advising of Evan's departure.

A very approachable man that actually would take the time to listen to members/supporters unlike my previous dealings with past CEO's at the club.

He is a good man and I wish him the best in the future.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Your right Southee, if the CEO doesn't know how much is or isn't in the kitty, or if he is going to get paid,then who does.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:33 pm

MEDIA RELEASE

The South Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors are pleased to announce the appointment of Trudi Hower as Chief Executive Officer - Commercial of South Adelaide Football Club. Trudi worked in the automotive industry for 16 years, her last role as a General Manager for Jarvis Automotive Group. Recently, Trudi has managed private business ventures. As Chief Executive Officer-Commercial, Trudi will focus on the commercial side of the clubs operations, particularly looking at growth and providing sustainability. With Trudi’s previous experience and skill set we are confident she will be able to deliver on this. The South Adelaide Football Club would also like to announce a newly created position of General Manager of Football. This position will be filled by current football manager Neill Sharpe. Neill joined South Adelaide Football Club in November 2008 and has consistently performed at a high level. Neill is now responsible for all areas of football at South Adelaide Football Club. South Adelaide Football Club board members welcome the new appointment of Trudi Hower and the new role of Neill Sharpe, as of today, Monday 20th of October.

ANDREW LUCKHURST-SMITH Chairman
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Sounds very similar to the structure that Sturt put in place last year.
And also with the second appointment of a female CEO.
A winning trend maybe?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 am

Good appointment, Trudi is a good operator and I know has impressed our Board. Am glad to see the Club continue to invest in Football.

Good luck Trudi!
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum