Paul
mickyj
UncleHuey
kingrooster
bayman
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:01 pm

North v Eagles

Saturday 16 August
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
North 13.13.91 lost to Sturt 17.8.110 @ Envestra Park
Eagles 8.11.59 lost to South 9.11.65 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met
Eagles 24.19.163 d North 12.14.86 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Ladder Position
North 8th 7-9 48.44%
Eagles 5th 9-7 49.74%

Both sides are coming off losses last week, and the Eagles are now vulnerable in 5th spot. Will North make them a little more vulnerable?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:22 pm

has the unrest at Oval Avenue subsided ? surely a spot in the finals will have them together come match time, i can see both teams winning so i'll tip a draw
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 17: North v Eagles - Saturday 16 August @ Prospect Oval

Post by kingrooster Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 am

I fear a thrashing on the cards. If Coad and Duldig can tear our defence apart. I can just imagine what Wundke, Ainger and Grocke can do. Eagles by plenty.
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:53 pm

Not sure which side is the flakiest at the moment.
Eagles should win on paper, but their defence has resembled tissue paper recently. This is an important game for the Eagles - if they want to go beyond the first week of the finals they need to turn things around starting with this week. Lose and their season is shot.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Not sure which side is the flakiest at the moment.
Eagles should win on paper, but their defence has resembled tissue paper recently. This is an important game for the Eagles - if they want to go beyond the first week of the finals they need to turn things around starting with this week. Lose and their season is shot.

defence isnt as bad as you write uncle huey
Forward line isnt exactly working and even I'm questioning what Ainger has on Godden to hold his place in the team . With the likes of Fitzgerald and Dunstan bother performing in winning a seconds side week after week after week
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:35 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:Not sure which side is the flakiest at the moment.

defence isnt as bad as you write uncle huey
Forward line isnt exactly working and even I'm questioning what Ainger has on Godden to hold his place in the team . With the likes of Fitzgerald and Dunstan bother performing in winning a seconds side week after week after week

change my mind here the backline was crap against south
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Woodville-West Torrens coach Michael Godden has called upon a rookie and a forgotten defender for his side’s crunch match against North at Prospect Oval on Saturday.
Teenage utility Sam Lodge could make his league debut after being named on the extended interchange bench with small defender Travis Lane, who has been elevated from the reserves for the first time this year.
‘’He’s come on in leaps and bounds since he came to the club,’’ Eagles football manager Trent Hentschel said of Ardrossan product Lodge, 19, 187cm and 85kg.
‘’He would be the first to admit that his skills aren’t his strong point but he’s very hard at the ball while displaying great intensity.
‘’Travis has been using the ball well with good decision-making so he also deserves to be considered.’’
Jarred Allmond and Tom Schwarz have earned a recall from Godden after collecting 47 disposals between them in the reserves last round.
Matt Appleton has been cut while Jack Muirhead (concussion) copped a knock to the head at training on Wednesday night which has ruled him out of selection.

League
F: Kane, Wundke, Grocke
HF: Poole, Ainger, Boyd
C: Hall, Lewis, Goldsworthy
HB: Jarrad, von Bertouch, Batley
B: P. Raymond, Killian, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Powell, Allmond
INT: J. Sinor, Lane, Lodge, McGregor, T. Schwarz
IN: T. Schwarz, Lodge, Lane, Allmond
OUT: Muirhead (concussion), Appleton

Reserves
F: Mullins, T. Fitzgerald, Press
HF: Blesing, T. Whittlesea, A. Dunstan
C: Martyn, Rowland, M. Raymond
HB: G. Ellis, Mackenzie, Enright
B: Lloyd, Culley, Sumner

R: Muller, Rowntree, Appleton
INT: Woods, Smart, Haylock, Huppatz

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Eagles by 23
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ozrules Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Great to see Jarrad Allmond back. And another Yorke Peninsula lad(they just keep coming) Wish him all the best.
ozrules
ozrules

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 pm

The Eagles look far too good on paper, but it's being played at Prospect Oval, so I think the Roosters might prevail here.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Eagles to prevail here.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Another tipsters nightmare. North can beat anyone on their day but it seems something's not right at Prospect. Eagles in a similar boat however. With little confidence I'll tip the Eagles 11-20.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:24 am

kingrooster wrote:I fear a thrashing on the cards. If Coad and Duldig can tear our defence apart. I can just imagine what Wundke, Ainger and Grocke can do. Eagles by plenty.

If the roosters can limit Wundke to 2 goals, give Ainger a couple of solid bumps, that will keep him quiet and pressure Grocke they will win at home.
 Smile 
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:17 pm

without taking anything away from North i just wonder what long term damage is happening at Oval Avenue given the unrest there at the moment, i've seen this too many times at Glenelg when the club gets derailed
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:23 am

bayman wrote:without taking anything away from North i just wonder what long term damage is happening at Oval Avenue given the unrest there at the moment, i've seen this too many times at Glenelg when the club gets derailed

I'm so pissed off at present
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 am

bayman wrote:without taking anything away from North i just wonder what long term damage is happening at Oval Avenue given the unrest there at the moment, i've seen this too many times at Glenelg when the club gets derailed

What's the extent of the unrest bayman, and do you know what's behind it? Sounds like these two clubs were playing for the Disharmony Cup.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:16 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:

What's the extent of the unrest bayman, and do you know what's behind it? Sounds like these two clubs were playing for the Disharmony Cup.

not saying who what when or how as when i run into the appropriate Glenelg people i'll pass on what i know & perhaps we can recruit 2 or 3 players if they are interested etc
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:34 pm

In other words you don't know bayman ?
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:39 pm

bayman wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:

not saying who what when or how as when i run into the appropriate Glenelg people i'll pass on what i know & perhaps we can recruit 2 or 3 players if they are interested etc

And i was told the players are suffering from a virus Tempalton has had it since the port game !!
Not sure what the virus is
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:45 pm

EagleRock wrote:In other words you don't know bayman ?

in other words i DO KNOW & because i'd like to see him/them in a Glenelg jumper i'm not saying a word, if Glenelg aren't interested (i'm sure they'll be interested) then i'll say what happened......all i'll say is when i post something it is true, ask my Westies' friends when i mentioned a couple of things last year that ''no one knew'' so with respect rather than throwing a cheap shot why don't you investigate for yourself & find out  Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum