Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval

+2
bayman
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Centrals v Port

Saturday 9 August
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Centrals 7.8.50 d Sturt 6.9.45 @ Envestra Park
Port 8.6.54 lost to South 10.11.71 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last Time They Met
Port 14.7.91 d Centrals 12.6.78 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position
Centrals 7th 7-8 46.92%
Port 1st 11-4 59.38%

Centrals had a shock win over Sturt, while Port had a shock loss over South. Will Centrals continue their late charge for finals, or will Port ensure Centrals have an early finish to the season?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:21 pm

given the medical room at Alberton, i'd expect a Bulldog victory by over 8 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 16: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 August @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Paul Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:56 pm

Port by 38
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 pm

Loads of changes, plenty of goods ins, not sure about the overall health of the squad.

Centrals to maintain their push for finals. Belatedly. Ultimately fruitless.

Let us hope. Very Happy 
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:43 pm

What a win to Centrals in the end.

The first half was all Centrals as they could do no wrong and raced out to a 42 point half time lead. Port, to their credit, came right back, slamming home 8 goals to 1 in the third quarter to take a 3 point 3 quarter time lead.

Centrals bounced back and had the lead back out to 21 points, but Port responded and regained the lead in the dying stages.

Then Waldhutter drills it from the centre wing into a pack 40 metres out from goal and a free kick is awarded to Kyle Jenner. He calmly kicks the goal, then the siren goes, and the home crowd is in raptures as they celebrate a great get out of jail win from Centrals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Rucci was having a bit of a whinge about the free kick on the radio this morning - Dubious or was he just being a sore loser?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:54 pm

Scrunch wrote:Rucci was having a bit of a whinge about the free kick on the radio this morning - Dubious or was he just being a sore loser?

if Mr Rucci was at the game well that's fine he's allowed to have an opinion on what he saw, however if he wasn't at the match & is going on 'hearsay evidence' then he shouldn't be making a comment
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Sounded as though he saw it, but I don't know for sure. No real issue, doesn't change the result. The Dogs have rediscovered some serious spirit in the back half of this season.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Scrunch wrote:Rucci was having a bit of a whinge about the free kick on the radio this morning - Dubious or was he just being a sore loser?

Being Rucci it's purely sour grapes. I'd be highly surprised if he was actually at the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

He probably saw the vision of it from the SANFL...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down