Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.

+7
lachlan
testy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
bayman
cutterman
Lee
Ben W
11 posters

Go down

Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  Empty Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.

Post by Ben W Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:48 pm

From Keith Thomas,

". Magpies
The Magpies are flying! Mid-season injuries are beginning to take their toll, but our start to the year has been superb. This early form has a couple of SANFL Clubs fearing that our new structure is too strong and perhaps unfair.

Our view is simple, Port Adelaide does not want an unfair advantage. But nor do we believe that the competition should be jumping too soon to change the format.

The effect of the loss of Port Adelaide’s juniors in 2015, as yet is unknown, but it will have a significant impact. So will additional injuries, as we are experiencing now.

Equally, the SANFL competition, as a result of the new format is arguably the most interesting it has been for years.

The Channel 7 presentation of the games is highly professional. Media coverage is up. The emergence of South Adelaide and Sturt as a force this year has been fantastic for the competition.

The showdown in Clare was a great event, as was ANZAC Day at Adelaide Oval with 10,000 people in attendance. I have been heartened by the cool heads at the SANFL, and the several Club Presidents I have spoken to who are keen to let the new format settle in before rushing to make changes. There is no doubt Port Adelaide has raised the bar this year, as Norwood have done in recent years and as Centrals did for a decade before them. But just as it did when Woodville and West Torrens merged to create a power Club in the 90’s, the competition will adjust and strengthen even further."

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-06-26/from-the-ceo-june-26
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  Empty Re: Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.

Post by Lee Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:21 pm

"Port Adelaide does not want an unfair advantage".

Sure, Keith, that's why your top up players are Summerton on $400 a game, etc.

I accept the changes, but Adelaide keep their word and Port rort the system.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  Empty Re: Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.

Post by cutterman Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:09 pm

Yep. He was on 891 two weekends ago saying the same thing. Then went on to say just how important it is that there's equalisation and fairness in the AFL for clubs that are disadvantaged because of the fixture etc.
cough.....

Last edited by cutterman on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 pm

do you reckon he'd say the same thing if he was at Norwood ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:45 pm

Bugger off Keith. As if anyone truly interested in the sanfl is ever going to believe what you say.
You would do much better just to shut the f up.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Excuse me while I choke.
This bloke is in fairyland, if he seriously thinks long time sanfl supporters of clubs other than port believe that tripe. Not all there fault though , most of the clubs allowed this to happen.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Keith Thomas you speaking total crap.
Summerton your captain playing for $400.00 a game. Yeah right.

Nathan Krakouer travelled all the way from WA to play reserve for
Port Magpies for $100.00 a game. Yeah right

It was great to see the magpies get beaten last week. I hope it continues
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:47 am

Keith Thomas is a Port Adelaide employee and key one at that, Im not sure why anyone is surprised he would push their barrow at every opportunity, it's his job. He, Chapman/Trigg/Harper and the SANFL will all continue to sell toward "new" SANFL supporters at the cost of the old.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Audamus Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:30 am

" our new structure is too strong and perhaps unfair." He thinks!!
He would serve his mob better if he took Chambo's advice.
Audamus
Audamus

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Spindoctoring is part of Keith Thomas' job. When he says he's spoken to several Club Presidents; presumably without getting his head bitten off. They're just being polite Keith. Talk to the members who elect them and see what response you get.  Shocked 
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingrooster Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Port have only raised the bar due to their advantaged position. Give any club 15 AFL listed players and take them away from every other club as well as the facilities and I'm sure that will lift any bar.
kingrooster
kingrooster

Teams : North Adelaide
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:11 pm

kingrooster wrote:Port have only raised the bar due to their advantaged position. Give any club 15 AFL listed players and take them away from every other club as well as the facilities and I'm sure that will lift any bar.

Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  1672671459 Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  1672671459 Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  1672671459 Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  1672671459 Keith Thomas on the Magpies in the SANFL.  1672671459 

spot on
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down