bayman
Chambo Off To Work We Go
testy
countrycousin
Lee
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adelaide and Magpies Crowds. Empty Adelaide and Magpies Crowds.

Post by Lee Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:57 pm

There were 1660 at City Mazda yesterday. There were relatively few Magpies supporters there and there's no doubt it was the first time West supporters have dominated the crowd in such a game.

Our previous worst crowd this year was probably the game against Adelaide, with a similar scenario and number.

Forgetting the silly claim of 4,000 extra supporters to these games, it seems that the Magpie faithful have generally given up in disgust (or confusion), or have gone along for the Power ride now they're winning?

Adelaide just doesn't have an SANFL constituency.

I can't see it improving and it's a worry for the existing clubs in terms of match day revenue.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Adelaide and Magpies Crowds. Empty Re: Adelaide and Magpies Crowds.

Post by countrycousin Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:41 pm

All the talk Adelaide, in particular, were going on with preseason, about how they were going to boost crowds and pour money into our coffers, has been shown up for the bull**** it always was. To add injury to insult, the Crows ordinary members get free entry to their reserves games in the SANFL, as part of the package. Thanks for nothing guys.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:14 pm

countrycousin wrote:All the talk Adelaide, in particular, were going on with preseason, about how they were going to boost crowds and pour money into our coffers, has been shown up for the bull**** it always was. To add injury to insult, the Crows ordinary members get free entry to their reserves games in the SANFL, as part of the package. Thanks for nothing guys.

I assume by ordinary members you mean season ticket holders, they fork out around $400 a season, some even more for 11 games, you could hardly expect them to then pay to see there b grade, I wouldn't.
I agree that the talk from them was BS.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:39 pm

No, I singled out Adelaide because even their lowest levels receive free admission to the SANFL. Here's an excerpt from their website.
QUOTE:
BRONZE 3
GA access for 3 home games plus 18 Crows SANFL matches
Join the 19th Man at Adelaide Oval for three 2014 home games and receive exclusive member benefits.
$85
($25 jnr.)
- or -
$8.50 /mth
over 10 months

GA 11
GA entry for all 11 home games plus 18 Crows SANFL matches
Access the general admission areas of Adelaide Oval for every home game with this affordable membership option.
$220
($155 conc.) ($50 jnr.)
$22 /mth
over 10 months

At least Port confine it to their highest level members, which I can accept.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:14 pm

So once again we are fed a line as justification that comes to pass as untrue.

So even if the Crows got their promised 4000 to games, if most of them were members (at whatever level) it was never going to assist the 8 clubs hosting these games.

SO there is negligible gate revenue, negligible sales from catering ('cause they ain't there).

Picking up on a line from R&B, does it therefore follow now that the season is reduced and at least 2 of the home games v Crows / Port, that it is now costing clubs more from lack of revenue in hosting these 2?

If so that is sort of a double whammy.

IE Clubs not gaining revenue from Crows / Port but having less revenue.

Can anyone substantiate whether this is in fact happening, as I am only speculating on the effect of this?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:38 pm

countrycousin wrote:No, I singled out Adelaide because even their lowest levels receive free admission to the SANFL. Here's an excerpt from their website.
QUOTE:
BRONZE 3
GA access for 3 home games plus 18 Crows SANFL matches
Join the 19th Man at Adelaide Oval for three 2014 home games and receive exclusive member benefits.
$85
($25 jnr.)
- or -
$8.50 /mth
over 10 months

GA 11
GA entry for all 11 home games plus 18 Crows SANFL matches
Access the general admission areas of Adelaide Oval for every home game with this affordable membership option.
$220
($155 conc.) ($50 jnr.)
$22 /mth
over 10 months

At least Port confine it to their highest level members, which I can accep
t.

I wasn't sure about that, including the cheaper members I mean--Ports idea I accept also.

Besides all that they are still not going in the droves as we were told when they entered the SANFL--Like I said, all BS.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:22 pm

the Crows said 4,000 you all thought every week, they were meaning for the year, that has happened with most of them in one match......or with the fifth game now on they were hoping across the board attendances would rise by 4,000.............i'll say this if the admission price dropped to $10.00 there wont be 4,000 more coming but you will get a lot more people coming to games
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:15 pm

I have no problem with The AFL members not paying to get in. The problem is that they don't come, so there is no benefit to clubs from spending at the ground or in the clubrooms.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:42 pm

Going by those membership costs it is cheaper to buy an Adelaide Bronze membership than a full season membership for Sturt. In fact, an 11 game Adelaide membership is the same price as a Sturt full season membership but the Adelaide members get full access to all SANFL crows games. Talk about hoodwinked!
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 am

I suspect that when the novelty of this idea (AFL Reserves) has worn off, i.e. next year, we'll find that we have disenfranchised more people than we've attracted to the SANFL.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:02 am

A number of club representatives at various levels in clubs are asking similar questions about the 2014 season. The actual benefits to the clubs in terms of dollar improvement; the actual benefits to the clubs of the new deal with Channel Seven (allegedly some complaints have been made about how some Seven staff are treating clubs prior to, and on game day); the predicted benefits from 2015 and beyond and substantiated crowd predictions from 2015 and beyond, and the expected dollar flow effect to clubs.

eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:58 am

eartotheground wrote:A number of club representatives at various levels in clubs are asking similar questions about the 2014 season. The actual benefits to the clubs in terms of dollar improvement; the actual benefits to the clubs of the new deal with Channel Seven (allegedly some complaints have been made about how some Seven staff are treating clubs prior to, and on game day); the predicted benefits from 2015 and beyond and substantiated crowd predictions from 2015 and beyond, and the expected dollar flow effect to clubs.

That would be exactly why this year was a trial with a scheduled review opportunity for all Clubs to contribute to at the end of the year.

Personally I'm disappointed that Crows fans haven't supported the concept in greater numbers, but at the same time I don't think 1 year makes or breaks things just yet.

As an Adelaide fan I can honestly say it has increased my interest in the competition, and I have watched a lot more SANFL on TV this year. I haven't been able to get to a game myself yet, but I do want to and hope to before the season is out.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Gingernuts wrote:
eartotheground wrote:A number of club representatives at various levels in clubs are asking similar questions about the 2014 season. The actual benefits to the clubs in terms of dollar improvement; the actual benefits to the clubs of the new deal with Channel Seven (allegedly some complaints have been made about how some Seven staff are treating clubs prior to, and on game day); the predicted benefits from 2015 and beyond and substantiated crowd predictions from 2015 and beyond, and the expected dollar flow effect to clubs.

Personally I'm disappointed that Crows fans haven't supported the concept in greater numbers, but at the same time I don't think 1 year makes or breaks things just yet.

Maybe tell that to a club like Sturt, whose finances are a year to year proposition.
1 year can make or break things.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:42 pm

....which is why they voted 'yes'.

The status quo that so many in the 'no' camp want to go back to wasn't sustainable clearly. Something different had to be tried and tested.

But anyway, old ground and all that.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:21 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:

Maybe tell that to a club like Sturt, whose finances are a year to year proposition.
1 year can make or break things.

West voted for the current situation for the same reason, nothing more than the money, but the spin offs have not occurred. Very low crowds against these two sides, so bar takings and poker machine revenue has not increased. I also worry about the cost of playing these games against the AFL sides.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am

What happens at Sturt when the crowd at an AFC or PAFC match does not reach the required number to pay the set up cost, are Sturt simply expected to wear it and bad luck?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:51 pm

Are clubs experiencing shortfalls when hosting these games?

Given expected crowds haven't eventuated, perhaps a small 'match fee' amount from AFC & PAFC should be required to be paid to the hosting Club to cover the costs of the game if there is a shortfall.

The Adelaide games were byes in previous seasons though weren't they? Surely even the average match day crowd for these clashes then would provide a return to the hosting clubs that previously wasn't there.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:27 pm

The season is now 2 games shorter than previously, which affects clubs' income.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:22 pm

not too many Port supporters at Unley yesterday
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:24 pm

redandblack wrote:The season is now 2 games shorter than previously, which affects clubs' income.

true but lets be fair, before this years 'system' the teams had byes during the year & thus played less than 20 games
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:40 pm

I don't think so, Bayman.

They played 20 games.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:42 pm

redandblack wrote:I don't think so, Bayman.

They played 20 games.

yep, your right, my apologies, i was just trying to be balanced as always, but should have checked first  Embarassed Embarassed 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:43 pm

redandblack wrote:The season is now 2 games shorter than previously, which affects clubs' income.

Clubs have an extra home game though, so need the Crows fans to rock up.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:54 pm

And of course, they are rocking up in droves, just like they said. scratch 

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:And of course, they are rocking up in droves, just like they said. scratch 

Razz Razz Razz Razz 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum