Round 10 Ratings

3 posters

Go down

Round 10 Ratings Empty Round 10 Ratings

Post by Lee Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Port - Narrower margins now. What is the meaning of this?

Eagles - Looking the best of the rest.

Sturt - Deviated from their normal attacking style to only kick 8 goals against Norwood  Wink 

North - Looking dangerous, lots of pace and balance.

Norwood - The game plan is being mastered again. Watch out.

South - Another solid, honest effort from a committed team.

Central - Again dug in when it counted.

Adelaide - Depends which week it is? Don't know.

West - 2 embarrassing defeats in a few weeks. Big dnager signs.

Glenelg - Just don't have the talent right now.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 10 Ratings Empty Re: Round 10 Ratings

Post by Ben W Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 pm

In respect to Port, some of the punters suggested that the AFL teams would likely be pretty strong as the season began, yet as they began to cop injuries would potentially take a step backwards. Whilst Port have not had a great number of injuries, they have more now than they ever had, so this may well be a contributing factor.

Eagles are motoring along okay, but were not so convincing in recent weeks?

Sturt - just a good side all round at the moment, few predicted it but such is the nature of the competition. Will likely be between Woodville and Sturt to see who plays Port in the Grand Final.

North, Patchy form early but clearly hitting their straps.

Norwood, Will likely continue to get better and better from here on in.

South, happy that we have responded to two losses in a row with a decent away win. One gets the feeling that we are building some depth into our list.

Central District, - always a hard ask to beat at the Ponderosa, just ask a Norwood supporter...

Adelaide - Mix is not right yet, I suspect their own internal review might suggest that the side has not made the transition well into the SANFL as Port Adelaide have.

West - Very dissapointing result so far post Andy Collins they are struggling badly. I suspect there are more questions than answers down at Milner Ave at present.

Glenelg - Whilst they are not going to be happy about where they stand, it was expected by many that the Bays would be in a rebuilding process, although I dont think it was expected that they would bottom out as they have. Its been seen before that great players do not make great coaches, is this the case at Glenelg?

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Ben W wrote:

Glenelg - Whilst they are not going to be happy about where they stand, it was expected by many that the Bays would be in a rebuilding process, although I dont think it was expected that they would bottom out as they have. Its been seen before that great players do not make great coaches, is this the case at Glenelg?

I think some of our recruits have under-performed, McCarthy in particular has been a disappointment. Not sure if they were never as good as anticipated or if they thought as ex-AFL players they could just turn up and dominate at SANFL level and have been left looking ordinary. We also seem to rarely go a week without another key player getting injured so getting a settled side is difficult. Whilst it is good to get some games into younger players they need some wins and experience around them. It may be that Allen will be our only player with more then 100 games or 50 goals experience - that is a young squad.
Much too early to make the call on Stevens but a few recruits may not get an extended playing career. If we could get our best team on the park and add a key forward and a couple of guys with pace next year then we will be in finals contention IMO.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum