bayman
Flag No.10
UncleHuey
Big Phil
Paul
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Centrals v South

Saturday 26 April
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week:
Centrals 9.7.61 lost to Adelaide 16.17.113 @ Playford Alive Oval
South 17.14.116 d Glenelg 10.11.71 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last Time They Met:
Centrals 8.11.59 d South 4.11.35 @ Playford Alive Oval

Ladder Position:
Centrals: 7th 1-2 45.33%
South: 1st 3-0 61.94%

Centrals are coming off a shock loss to Adelaide while South's perfect start to the season continued with a win over Glenelg. Will Centrals bounce back, or will South win at Elizabeth for the first time since 1999.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 pm

South's last win at Elizabeth in 1999? I think....

Central by 22 points for me.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 4: Centrals v South - Saturday 26 April @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Central have actually won the last 18 clashes between these two sides overall, which is currently the longest losing streak in the SANFL history...

South Adelaide's last win against the Dogs was back in Round 8 (May 20th) of the 2006 sesason, down at Noarlunga...

Amazingly, the last time the Panthers sung their song out at The Ponderosa was way back on April 3rd of the 1999 season, in Round 2...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:09 pm

The Panthers to keep rolling on, 8 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Crabb, Redigolo and Boyd out for South will test their depth this week...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:49 am

Big Phil wrote:Central have actually won the last 18 clashes between these two sides overall, which is currently the longest losing streak in the SANFL history...

Not in SANFL history, I think you mean the longest current losing streak.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 pm

i'm looking forward to the inaugral ''Integrity Cup'' i think this will be the first time ever i've watched South for 4 weeks in a row, no one seems to be able to stop Eddy & if Central can't stop him South will win, South are playing with flair, confidence & passion & the players are all on the same page.

BP, will Collier & Thomas come up ? if not that will negate South losses a fair bit

i'm tipping a history making Panther win, they just might be too quick for the Bulldogs, South by 26 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:30 am

Warning - I'm going to be a bit controversial here..... Wink 

Integrity Cup?

The only reason they were able to vote 'No' is because they are the only clubs with completely secure financial futures. How have they achieved this? By running pokie ventures that are highly successful, mainly due to their location in low socio-economic areas.

All power to them for establishing and maintaining a successful and sustainable business model where most SANFL clubs have failed (as a South fan I'm certainly glad for it), thereby ensuring they are in a position where they don't have to rely on the SANFL or AFL for financial security.

However holding them up as knights in shining armour who've taken the fight to the 'evil empire' is a bit of a stretch IMO, particularly when the people who have paid for that armour in many cases should have been using their money to put food on their tables instead.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 am

Central by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:10 pm

bayman wrote:BP, will Collier & Thomas come up ? if not that will negate South losses a fair bit
No, mate. I thought Thomas may have, but Collier was always a 2 week injury. Looks like neither have been selected...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:BP, will Collier & Thomas come up ? if not that will negate South losses a fair bit
No, mate. I thought Thomas may have, but Collier was always a 2 week injury. Looks like neither have been selected...

thanks mate, i've just looked at the teams & while South have their share of outs as well i think South look much better balanced & will win
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Warning - I'm going to be a bit controversial here..... Wink 

Integrity Cup?

The only reason they were able to vote 'No' is because they are the only clubs with completely secure financial futures. How have they achieved this? By running pokie ventures that are highly successful, mainly due to their location in low socio-economic areas.

All power to them for establishing and maintaining a successful and sustainable business model where most SANFL clubs have failed (as a South fan I'm certainly glad for it), thereby ensuring they are in a position where they don't have to rely on the SANFL or AFL for financial security.

However holding them up as knights in shining armour who've taken the fight to the 'evil empire' is a bit of a stretch IMO, particularly when the people who have paid for that armour in many cases should have been using their money to put food on their tables instead.

all valid reasonings there, the bottom line though is Pokies are legal & people have a right to do legal things, yes people have problems with it, i'm a gambler but have never put 1 cent into a machine & never will as i don't see the point of putting money into a machine designed for you to lose, it isn't South or Centrals fault that they do theirs well/better or because of the area & lets be honest these things booze, smokes, all addictive entertainment choices etc etc will never get banned because there are taxes involved, as for the ''integrity cup'' for whatever their reasons were, they gave imho the moral & ethical answer that should have been given.......that is now history & we move on
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:36 am

Gingernuts wrote:The only reason they were able to vote 'No' is because they (Central & South) are the only clubs with completely secure financial futures.

Can't speak for South Adelaide, but Central District's financial future is FAR from completely secure, looking into the future.

They have had back to back triple figure losses and with the northern suburbs under a lot of financial pressure (with Holden's shutdown still to come in the next few years) the Dogs are actually in a bit of trouble, if you ask me.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:09 am

Just writing my preview for this game on the FOOTe TIMES website and worked out some unbelievable stats in regards to South's recent poor record at The Panderosa...

Check this out:

5,502 is a number that probably doesn't mean much to may, but...

The total number of days between Saturday, April 3rd, 1999 (South's last win at Elizabeth) and Saturday, April 26th, 2014 (when they clash tomorrow) is 5,502 days.

This is equal to exactly 15 years and 23 days.

5,502 days is equal to exactly 786 weeks.

They say a week is a long time in football. What is 786 weeks in football, then? !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:07 am

I think the outs for The Panthers are very big ones and for that reason and there poor record at Elizabeth I will tip The Dog to win this one
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:02 pm

I'll stick with South. Cross and Liddle should get plenty of it up there. Under 3 goals either way though I reckon
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Centrals to burst Souths bubble by a couple of goals. Dogs are going better than I thought they would
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Last time the competition went upto 10 teams, South won the flag.

Omen?  Shocked 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:31 pm

Cracking game today. Watched it on TV and both teams played some fantastic footy. The doggies were a different team to last week, their tackling pressure was brilliant at times. On the flip side I was super impressed with the way South was able to absorb that pressure and respond. Great win Panthers, keep it up boys!
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Went to the Ponderosa today and saw the game, and was in the Changerooms post game.
been to Elizabeth plenty of times and since 99 and the results have been remarkably similar until today.
South started the game like a shot out of a gun and were on top early. The Dogs quickly hauled us in and were only 1pt behind at Quarter time.
The second quarter was all Centrals, and they went in at halftime with about a 5 goal margin- this was beginning to feel like deja vous to us long suffering supporters....another capitulation...?
The 3rd quarter was all South and but for poor kicking would have gone in at 3/4 time in front, however they were still 2 goals behind. The last quarter was a struggle for both teams early but South gabbed the lead in time on and hung on for a rare win at Elizabeth..

For South I thought Liddle was back to his best after a slow start to the year, Frazer Dale was also very good and along with Gulden have found their feet as recruits very quickly. McLeod was excellent up forward and on the ball. However Brooksby with 45 hitouts and some great work around the ground dominated . Brett Eddy continues to impress, goes to show what fitness, opportunity , and positive reinforcement from the coach can do.He is exceptional in the air and lightening quick for a guy his size when the ball is on the deck.
A great character building win, after losing 5 players from last weeks team with injury and suspension.
The Panthers for mine are the real deal.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm

Its just an awesome feeling right now!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:01 am

i'll give my thoughts on the actual match later, but i will say this now, that is the most supporters i've ever seen South have at a home & away match.......

THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:49 pm

One of the games of the season to date. Disappointed Centrals couldn't hold on in the end, but full credit to South, they played very well and deserved the win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:52 pm

i know Central had key players out however South with so many changes this week showed their depth is pretty good, both teams had numerous chances to win in what was an entertaining match to watch, i think Souths accurate kicking in the first term ultimately won them the match, however for the majority of the match i thought Central were just doing enough to win, Eddy is a class act
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down