Paul
the prowler
bayman
Gingernuts
13 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

R2 - SHOWDOWN!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: R2 - SHOWDOWN!!!

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:41 am

In terms of Nigel Smart, he began his career at the Christies Beach FC, moved onto South Adelaide and was involved in the formation of the Adelaide Crows, when he retired he moved on away from the club, yet has rejoined it in an administritive role and its a good thing IMO that people that have actually worn the jumper of the club are now able to be put into those roles to take the club forward.

The reason that I suggest Neil Balme is simply the success that follows him wherever he goes, he went to Collingwood when they were struggling and under his leadership they picked themselves up from the bottom of the ladder and played in the premiership, he moved across to Geelong and again the same resulted with Geeling winning their first flag in 44 years. He coached Norwood for over 10 years and knows the SA system in and out and is an ideal candidate for the role.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:36 pm

1 - Balme hasn't lived in nor known the SA "system" for over 20 years.

2 - Balme isn't a CEO, he's a football director, vastly different roles.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Ben W wrote:In terms of Nigel Smart, he began his career at the Christies Beach FC, moved onto South Adelaide and was involved in the formation of the Adelaide Crows, when he retired he moved on away from the club, yet has rejoined it in an administritive role and its a good thing IMO that people that have actually worn the jumper of the club are now able to be put into those roles to take the club forward.

The reason that I suggest Neil Balme is simply the success that follows him wherever he goes, he went to Collingwood when they were struggling and under his leadership they picked themselves up from the bottom of the ladder and played in the premiership, he moved across to Geelong and again the same resulted with Geeling winning their first flag in 44 years. He coached Norwood for over 10 years and knows the SA system in and out and is an ideal candidate for the role.

it may only be ''folklore'' but i believe Nigel was a junior at Glenelg & was told he wasn't good enough (if true he is not the first big name to be shown the door)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4