MENANGLE TROTS

5 posters

Go down

MENANGLE TROTS Empty MENANGLE TROTS

Post by testy Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 am

Huge money up for grabs at Menangle today with the Final of this years Inter Dominion.

$2,000,000 in total prize money for the ten races and with good fields.

Not sure about the final though with 4 horses rated as $151.00 chances out of a field of sixteen, I guess they have earned the right to be in the field but I would have thought the final could have been capped at 12 or maybe 14 maximum runners.

Anyway I will tip "Terror To Love" to win.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

MENANGLE TROTS Empty Re: MENANGLE TROTS

Post by Lee Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 am

I didn't even know it was on, testy.

Who are the top 5 or 6 chances?

I was amazed reading there are 16 starters. Is that 2 rows of 8 from the mobile? Seems far too many in a field.

Is Menangle a huge track?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:27 am

the Interdominion is now a farce, it has a completely new format & should be called another race, from memory the track has a mile circumference

i'll tip no 1 Im Victorious on an each way basis

ch 9 doing a broadcast for an hour on the Interdominion

------------------------------------------------------

meanwhile all roads lead to Kapunda today for the Kapunda cup, with the first at 3.31 pm & the last at 6.36pm

best bet of the day is the steak sandwiches

baymans tips for the meeting

r1 8-4-2-6
r2 2-4-3-7
r3 8-6-4-2
r4 6-1-3-7
r5 10-1-3-8
r6 3-4-6-8

best quinella r3
best bet r5 (likely to be too short though)

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 pm

redandblack wrote:I didn't even know it was on, testy.

Who are the top 5 or 6 chances?

I was amazed reading there are 16 starters.  Is that 2 rows of 8 from the mobile?  Seems far too many in a field.

Is Menangle a huge track?

10 across the front row R&B. It is according to there web site 1400 metres in circumference.

I agree with Bayman it is a farce now, with heats held in different states at different times instead of the 3 heats and a final--Apparently it is too tough on the horses to run it the way it was run for over 70 years, this is according to the soft cocks who run the sport these days.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:53 pm

i understand the cost factor for participants by having a 2 week series, as in heats run (depending on which state or in New Zealand it is) which would be Sat/Wed/Sat & the final a week later on Sat, but why couldn't it be narrowed down to a one week series & have two round of heats, say Sat/Tues/Sat ?

as for Kapunda well the tips above not brilliant, yet i had a winning day, backed Exposed in the cup because it was silly odds & backed Veddy Veddy Good at decent odds with the bookie
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Great win by Tassie horse Beautide who is the first horse in ages to win the Miracle Mile/Interdominion double in the same season.

Unfortunately I'm Victorious is now fighting for his life after an emergency operation this afternoon to try to fix a sliced tendon caused by a massive shunt from Mach Beauty about 100m from home. Driver of Mach Beauty, Lauren Panella, who was driving on a stay after copping 18 days for causing interference (resulting in an injury) to another horse last week pleaded guilty and was suspended for 8 weeks. It is a blight on the industry that our rules still encourage people to cause interference to others. Enforcing the relegation rule is the obvious step towards protecting horses and drivers.
Connections of I'm Vic have said that he's up after the op but the next 10 days will be critical in whether he'll be able to make it home. He will never race again.

Bayman, like you I have fond memories of the old days and I do not like calling this series the Inter Dominion. However, it is a great concept for a pacing championship and the support card on final day is amazing. It's a great opportunity to showcase the best the industry has to offer.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:17 pm

change the name of the event & it is fine,this (should have a name change) was mentioned on the 5rph harness show yesterday morning as you know the changes started in Victoria where they added extra grand circuit races into the point scoring system, which was ridiculous, it'd be like borrowing goals from your reserves team to catch up with the losing league team it is a farce & i refuse to watch or bet in it

ask Brian Hancock what he thinks, he made it known last year & he was the ''ambassador'' for the event
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:11 pm

Yes, its hardly an Inter- Dominion when Sydney are given the rights for 5 years, this was there second of the five.

The Inter- Dominion was meant to be held in cities between Australia and New Zealand.
Cost factor does come into it these days and it is a shame that the time honoured championship of pacing has sunk to this concept.

The fields at Menangle yesterday were top class, it was probably the best days pacing of the year but how times have changed-I am becoming old and understand changes do occur, but much prefer the way they were.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:31 pm

5 years ? i thought it was 3 years, i stand corrected though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:09 am

What was the format this year ?
How many heats , point scoring , b4 the actual final ?

I'm with Testy on this one
Having events in the one state year in year out has diluted any interest I had
Its not the Interdominion, its more or less the Sydney Cup

Same applied in the 50 over games in the State cricket this year
All in NSW
All started about 10:00am in the mornings
As a consequence
I didn't see a ball bowled on TV

And as for the Intermenangledom , I didn't even watch it
I watched all SIX races at Kapunda though

Last edited by Scrappy on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:35 pm

3 years is correct, not 5.

There are 7 heats run at different tracks across Australia and New Zealand at different times with the winners and highest ranked placegetters contesting a 14 horse final.

This years race had 16 runners so I don't know what happened there.  scratch 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:01 pm

There were 14 in the field plus three emergencies (Ardghal, Franco Nelson and Pub Blitz)
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:37 pm

The second inter dominion win in a row to Beautide who started favourite for this years event.
Next years running of the ID will be in Perth.

Lets see how qualifying goes for this one, qualify in the eastern states and then travel across the country for the final Rolling Eyes
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:07 pm

I imagine the timing of the series will put quite a few horses off as it's been changed to Earlier in the season and will clash with group one races on the other side of the country.
The highlight of today's meeting though was not the very good win of Beautide but the amazing win of Adore Me in the Ladyship Mile. Her time of 1.47.7 for the mile is the fastest ever run by a standardbred in the Southern Hemisphere and is 0.7 seconds outside the world record over the mile by a mare. When the Menangle track went in we knew it would be faster than other tracks in Aus, but Adore Me's performance was simply world class.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:30 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:I imagine the timing of the series will put quite a few horses off as it's been changed to Earlier in the season and will clash with group one races on the other side of the country.
The highlight of today's meeting though was not the very good win of Beautide but the amazing win of Adore Me in the Ladyship Mile. Her time of 1.47.7 for the mile is the fastest ever run by a standardbred in the Southern Hemisphere and is 0.7 seconds outside the world record over the mile by a mare. When the Menangle track went in we knew it would be faster than other tracks in Aus, but Adore Me's performance was simply world class.

You are spot on IATW regarding the run by Adore Me, world class run for sure.

I remember back when the trots moved out to Globe Derby in 1973 and not long after the move they had various horses try to break the 2 minute mile, we all thought that was an incredible feat, but to think they are now running sub 1.50 miles quite incredible.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm

bigger the circumference of the track the quicker the times are.......i didn't watch the interdominion final while i was at Kapunda yesterday because it has no credibility in my book, call it an Australasian championship or something else because it isn't a real interdominion, watched a horse at Melton run second yesterday called streamliner, i reckon it is a horse with its hoof on the till
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:35 pm

You are a crack up Bayman. Won't watch the best horses in Australia go round because of the name of the race but will watch a restricted meeting from Melton?!? FWIW, I think the winner of that race at Melton, Quaint Glen will go through the classes pretty quickly. Streamliner has ability but needs a better draw than 7.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:04 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:You are a crack up Bayman. Won't watch the best horses in Australia go round because of the name of the race but will watch a restricted meeting from Melton?!?

and Kapunda Wink .....i hardly watch AFL football because i have no team or interest in it & they're the best footballers in the land & the same principle applies to sundays race
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:59 am

IAmTheWarrior wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand’s champion racing mare Adore Me has been retired after suffering a career-ending injury in Friday night’s Auckland Trotting Cup.
The Australasian record holder for a mile by a pacer, Adore Me suffered a fractured sesamoid bone when running second, beaten a nose in the Cup at Alexandra Park.
“The injury is in no way life threatening but the prognosis for her racing again wasn’t good after she was x-rayed yesterday,” said co-trainer Mark Purdon.
“And she is so valuable the decision to retire her to stud was obvious.”
Just seven days ago Adore Me set the record for the fastest mile by a pacer outside of North America when she clocked 1:47.7 at Menangle, outside Sydney.
She then recorded one of the bravest performances of her career when she finished second in Friday’s Cup after galloping briefly at the 450m mark, which is when her injury is thought to have occurred.
Adore Me was New Zealand’s champion three and four-year-old of the last two seasons but her career went to another level when she smashed the world record for 3200m standing start winning New Zealand’s greatest harness race, the New Zealand Cup at Addington in November.
She then recorded a series of huge summer performances which left little doubt she is the greatest female harness horse produced in the Southern Hemisphere.
The five-year-old enters retirement after 36 starts for 26 wins and seven placings for $1,677,032 in earnings, including 12 group one wins.
She will be bred from starting later this year.

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:14 pm

bayman wrote:
IAmTheWarrior wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Zealand’s champion racing mare Adore Me has been retired after suffering a career-ending injury in Friday night’s Auckland Trotting Cup.
The Australasian record holder for a mile by a pacer, Adore Me suffered a fractured sesamoid bone when running second, beaten a nose in the Cup at Alexandra Park.
“The injury is in no way life threatening but the prognosis for her racing again wasn’t good after she was x-rayed yesterday,” said co-trainer Mark Purdon.
“And she is so valuable the decision to retire her to stud was obvious.”
Just seven days ago Adore Me set the record for the fastest mile by a pacer outside of North America when she clocked 1:47.7 at Menangle, outside Sydney.
She then recorded one of the bravest performances of her career when she finished second in Friday’s Cup after galloping briefly at the 450m mark, which is when her injury is thought to have occurred.
Adore Me was New Zealand’s champion three and four-year-old of the last two seasons but her career went to another level when she smashed the world record for 3200m standing start winning New Zealand’s greatest harness race, the New Zealand Cup at Addington in November.
She then recorded a series of huge summer performances which left little doubt she is the greatest female harness horse produced in the Southern Hemisphere.
The five-year-old enters retirement after 36 starts for 26 wins and seven placings for $1,677,032 in earnings, including 12 group one wins.
She will be bred from starting later this year.

Now we are talking about a true champ.
Only ever unplaced 3 times in here life on the track and this from a mare makes it even more amazing she really was a great horse.
To do what she did over the mile 3 weeks ago was world class and she will be missed on the track. I am just so glad that the owners have made the right decision going forward and are looking out for her of the track.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down