Scrappy
Brucetiki
Mannyredleg
testy
Bundy
firstblood
12 posters

Go down

No mention of crowd figures week one of finals Empty No mention of crowd figures week one of finals

Post by firstblood Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am

Looked everywhere, can't find what the crowd figure was at AAMI yesterday, are the SANFL too embarrassed to show the attendance figures? Had to be less than 6,000 combined for both games in reasonable weather conditions apart from it being a bit windy.
And why aren't the supporters turning up? Admission prices? or the fact that many have thrown in the towel with the introduction of the Crows and Power reserves?
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

No mention of crowd figures week one of finals Empty Re: No mention of crowd figures week one of finals

Post by Bundy Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 am

They get what they deserve and it will get worse.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

No mention of crowd figures week one of finals Empty Re: No mention of crowd figures week one of finals

Post by testy Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 am

Very poor crowd yesterday with 4 teams playing. In a few weeks time there will be a grand final and it will attract around 25 to 30 thousand of which most of these people are part time supporters.

A bit like the AFL grand final where most of them are corporates and freeloaders.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 am

Cant speak for others but I'll go when Norwood are playing even if its at Footy Park but for neutral games I wont bother.
If they play at Adelaide Oval I'll go to neutral games.
The SANFL has to make it attractive to go when your team isnt playing. Perhaps make it $10 for holders of Season Tickets or members of any SANFL club.
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:33 am

Mannyredleg wrote:Cant speak for others but I'll go when Norwood are playing even if its at Footy Park but for neutral games I wont bother.
The SANFL has to make it attractive to go when your team isnt playing. Perhaps make it $10 for holders of Season Tickets or members of any SANFL club.
Have to agree with you there. They make it free entry for Essential Crows/Power or AAMI Stadium Premier Members but not at least a reduced entry free for SANFL club season ticket holders. At the very least those that go week in week out to SANFL matches should be rewarded with discounted finals tickets.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 am

Value for $
$4-80 Pie
$5-00 Small Coke
$3-30 Wagon Wheel
$13-10 Total spend

$15 Admission for 2 games of footy was good enough value
But eating expenses have to be questioned

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Mannyredleg wrote:Cant speak for others but I'll go when Norwood are playing even if its at Footy Park but for neutral games I wont bother.
Have to agree with you there.  They make it free entry for Essential Crows/Power or AAMI Stadium Premier Members but not at least a reduced entry free for SANFL club season ticket holders.  At the very least those that go week in week out to SANFL matches should be rewarded with discounted finals tickets.
Agree with both of you there. $10 should cover season ticket holders and club members.

Playing the devil's advocate however, what incentives are there for the general public?
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 pm

$14.00 during the season is not in touch with the people they're trying to attract & when you lose people they very rarely comeback....the $15.00 for two league games at finals level is great value.....every clubs membership base should have a benefit to buying a season ticket or even a home match ticket of getting a finals ticket for $5.00 & a grand final ticket at $10.00 & we could get bums on seats......as for the crowd well it was a disgraceful turn up really, but the SANFL have brought it on themselves....even i had a little trouble at the gate, i had my concession card with me but had to walk back to the car (probably 2 kms there & 2 kms back) & get my drivers licence to prove who i was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so what happens if i didn't have my car with me or didn't have a drivers licence at all ?

my crowd guess would be between 4,000-5,000 at most & i'd suggest this is why a number wasn't put up on the screen yesterday
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 pm

bayman wrote:$14.00 during the season is not in touch with the people they're trying to attract & when you lose people they very rarely comeback....the $15.00 for two league games at finals level is great value.....every clubs membership base should have a benefit to buying a season ticket or even a home match ticket of getting a finals ticket for $5.00 & a grand final ticket at $10.00 & we could get bums on seats......as for the crowd well it was a disgraceful turn up really, but the SANFL have brought it on themselves....even i had a little trouble at the gate, i had my concession card with me but had to walk back to the car (probably 2 kms there & 2 kms back) & get my drivers licence to prove who i was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so what happens if i didn't have my car with me or didn't have a drivers licence at all ?

my crowd guess would be between 4,000-5,000 at most & i'd suggest this is why a number wasn't put up on the screen yesterday
They really needed a drivers licence as well as a concession card to prove concession? Whoever came up with that idea needs their head read!

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am

bayman wrote:$14.00 during the season is not in touch with the people they're trying to attract & when you lose people they very rarely comeback....the $15.00 for two league games at finals level is great value.....every clubs membership base should have a benefit to buying a season ticket or even a home match ticket of getting a finals ticket for $5.00 & a grand final ticket at $10.00 & we could get bums on seats......as for the crowd well it was a disgraceful turn up really, but the SANFL have brought it on themselves....even i had a little trouble at the gate, i had my concession card with me but had to walk back to the car (probably 2 kms there & 2 kms back) & get my drivers licence to prove who i was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so what happens if i didn't have my car with me or didn't have a drivers licence at all ?

bayman...next time take more documents to prove who you are...like your banking details for the last 6 months, your last phone, electricity, gas bill, council rate receipts and an original birth certificate, not a copy as that won't do. Very Happy 
Looks like the SANFL are going to try and squeeze every $ they can in the last few weeks of footy at AAMI.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm

that's a great idea fb, so i'll show my con-card this week again & if i get quizzed for i.d wanting to see the drivers licence i'll give them that & all my bills as you suggested & ask them while they're at it they can pay them for me
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Just wondering if the SANFL were using the same system as the City to Bay this year and didn't register a crowd Question 
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:37 pm

firstblood wrote:

bayman...next time take more documents to prove who you are...like your banking details for the last 6 months, your last phone, electricity, gas bill, council rate receipts and an original birth certificate, not a copy as that won't do. Very Happy 
Looks like the SANFL are going to try and squeeze every $ they can in the last few weeks of footy at AAMI.
And don't forget your passport Bayman Very Happy 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I would have been there last year, but since the decision to admit the AFC and PAFC to the SANFL I have voted with my feet and not attended another match and know many others that have done the very same. The crowd yesterday was hopefully a good message to let the SANFL know that they are facing cutting their own staff and salaries because of their poor decision making processes.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:02 am

According to Rucci in the Advertiser, there were just over 6,500 at AAMI on Sunday and he found it hard to get a crowd figure...
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 am

The sanfl seems to be losing so much momentum with the public as the season wears on, that we'll be lucky to make it to the Grand Final.

They seem to be trying so hard to p!ss off the average sanfl supporter, it might be a case of the last man out, turn the light off.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 am

They deserve what they get the sanfl
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum