BloodnTars
brodlach
Lee
IAmTheWarrior
the prowler
Admin
15 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium Empty The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:00 pm

Eagles 2.3 7.7 8.12 11.16.82
West   2.1 3.4 9.4   14.5.89

In a classic case of 'bad kicking is bad football', West Adelaide reverse last week's result against the Eagles and win by 7 points, despite having 8 less scoring shots.  Are Westies a chance of knocking off Norwood next week?  Will the Eagles bounce back against North next week?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium

Post by the prowler Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:06 pm

The Eagles will be pretty tough, North can take their form through to the GF with Norwood
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Eagles v West @ AAMI Stadium

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Disappointing result given the 1/2 time score (although I note that the wind died down as it often does at footy park in the last 1/4).
However I listened over the net and was reminded again of why I don't during the year. Someone gave the big radio stations a serve for not knowing the players but fair dinkum if that's the best 5rph can do after watching games all year then they should give it away or at least buy DB some bigger binoculars. Life FM's coverage was a little better in terms of player recognition but when your side has stopped running and is staring down the barrel of defeat the last thing you want to hear is the commentator cheering for the opposition. ("Oh yes..... Great mark to Westies" was the offending comment- not offensive in itself- just the delivery- I'm sure I detected applause...)

Enough of a rant now- I know that it's a really hard job and the remuneration is probably poor or non-existent so I shouldn't complain. Probably I would have thought they were much better commentators if they'd called my team winning!!
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Agree with you. I listened to the start of the first game on RPH and DB should either get some binoculars or do some homework. A great bloke, but I think the time has come.

As for the game, surely one of the great wins.

And if Ferguson isn't captain of the team of the year, the selectors should be ashamed of themselves.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Any early word on Ferg R&B?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Collinssaid on fiveaa show that it was a straight out concussion and is unlikely to play next week.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:09 pm

brodlach wrote:Any early word on Ferg R&B?
I did notice an ambulance leaving the vicinity of the change rooms presumably on route to the QEH with Ryan Ferguson on board after todays game

as for the game, well it was the old cliche of ''a game of two halves'' the Eagles work rate & run was dominant & they looked headed for a soft victory, after half time the dominant Eagles players who were first to the ball in the first half was all of a sudden second to ball with Westies' intensity lifted & creating contests, i thought some Eagles players looked tired as the game wore on after halftime especially Parry who looked in need of the run, but having said all that the obvious difference was (scoring) opportunities West took them & the Eagles did not.....today was the first time i've seen a player take a mark & the opponent get the free without pushing him in the back, that wasn't the only puzzling decision today but it went both ways, Salter 1.4 & Goldsworthy 1.4 tells the tale as they are usually very accurate kicks......for next week i doubt West can improve enough to challenge Norwood & i'd think North will be way too quick for the Eagles
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:32 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Disappointing result given the 1/2 time score (although I note that the wind died down as it often does at footy park in the last 1/4).
However I listened over the net and was reminded again of why I don't during the year. Someone gave the big radio stations a serve for not knowing the players but fair dinkum if that's the best 5rph can do after watching games all year then they should give it away or at least buy DB some bigger binoculars. Life FM's coverage was a little better in terms of player recognition but when your side has stopped running and is staring down the barrel of defeat the last thing you want to hear is the commentator cheering for the opposition. ("Oh yes..... Great mark to Westies" was the offending comment- not offensive in itself- just the delivery- I'm sure I detected applause...)

Enough of a rant now- I know that it's a really hard job and the remuneration is probably poor or non-existent so I shouldn't complain. Probably I would have thought they were much better commentators if they'd called my team winning!!
well that was me that said that & yes DB's eyesight isn't the best these days, but overall the guys that call on the two stations are very good, as for a biased/cheering for the opposition call today is a joke, i had the earphones on while watching the game & at no time did i hear any commentator commentate in that manner, not even Big Phil when he was commentating his beloved Central, i think people hear what they want & not actually what is said.....today at different stages of the match players from both sides took great marks & was rightly called
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Sarcasm meter set on low Bayman? I was having a joke about the cheering- the recognition of players though was ordinary.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Life FM's coverage was a little better in terms of player recognition but when your side has stopped running and is staring down the barrel of defeat the last thing you want to hear is the commentator cheering for the opposition. ("Oh yes..... Great mark to Westies" was the offending comment- not offensive in itself- just the delivery- I'm sure I detected applause...)

Well I guess that must have been me.

And I have no idea what you are talking about ... this is quite perplexing.

Normally I would expect to get complaints that I was too excited when the Eagles did good and not excited when the other side plays well.

So being told off for being too excited when Westies stormed home to me was just being a caller describing the game.....

and yes they did take some good marks (four come to mind easily) in that key final minutes.... are you saying because I support one of the sides I am supposed to NOT recognise the great play that it was ?????

as I said perplexed.

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Ok, might make this my last post for a while as I seem to be able to upset everyone. That was a light hearted comment which I thought might have been easily understood because I said that I thought I detected applause... So unless you were actually clapping in the box you might have detected the first hint of sarcasm. I then finished with the comment about the commentary being better if my team had won which was the second hint that this part of my complaint was tongue in cheek. Anyway- I do understand that being involved in community radio is one of those things people do for love not money and I am grateful that 5rph and LifeFM do stream the matches over the net so that interstate supporters like myself can listen in to the sanfl.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 pm

To be within 7 poinss at the end was a good effort considering how we busted a gut last week. Now hopefully the Reserves can give us something next week.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I was surprised by the win to be honest. I'll take it, but I don't rate us good enough to get anywhere near Norwood next week.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Well done to Westies. If they can keep toughing it out like that they can beat Norwood. Maybe even send Collins out on a high note that would enhance his chances of an AFL gig.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Spelly, where does that comeback (from 27 points down at 1/2 time) rank in finals?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 pm

R&B

Agree with you 100% that Ryan Ferguson should be captain of the team of the year.
He is without doubt the best CHB in the comp. He's not bad also when he goes forward
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:29 pm

The more I see of Tuck the more I am impressed
IF West are to make and then win this years Grand Final, I think he is the player they need most to fire
He is a tough onballer , and very tall for that sort of player
Added to this was his 3 goal effort, yeah hes not bad also when he goes forward.
Come to think of it, also not a bad ruckman as well.
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Being selfish, I'm hoping he doesn't get drafted.

Two Tucks next year would be handy.

Travis is a great bloke though and being drafted would be a great reward for his efforts for us this year.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 pm

I doubt he would. Clubs are and will be very gun shy when off field issues are or were present.

Interesting game of two halves yesterday. First half Westies played the men behind the ball and rightly went into the main break down by a few goals.

Opened up the play after half time ATTACKING and win the game.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:49 pm

I don't think it was as simple as that, Booney.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:37 pm

did Westies' ''week off'' for some players last week help them over run the Eagles yesterday ?

if yes, it was a coaching masterstroke
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:05 pm

It may just as easily led to their very slow start.

We'll never know, I suppose.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum