2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th)

5 posters

Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th) Empty 2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th)

Post by scott Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 am

2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th) 09_glenelg
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th) Empty Re: 2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th)

Post by Brucetiki Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:59 pm

2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th) Glenelg%20Football%20Club

2013 Ladder position: 9th (4-16)

2013 Form Line: WLLWWLBLLLLLBLLLLLBLWLL

High point: Defeating finalists Centrals and North

Low point: Losing 14 of their last 15 matches of the season

Summary: Glenelg’s season started with form that could be, at best, described as indifferent.  Wins over South, Centrals and Sturt offset by a belting by Norwood and a tight loss over Port.  After the win against Sturt, the season totally fell apart for the Tigers, who won one game for the rest of the season, against a North side who was, at the time, in a massive form slump.   The end result was the wooden spoon heading to the Bay, and Kris Massie removed as senior coach.

Off field was equally as terrible for Glenelg as well.  The poor results saw the crowds drop off, while the club needed to refinance to secure $500 000 for their off field operations.

It’s not all doom and gloom for the Glenelg though.  They have a new CEO, who can hopefully help the club get back in the black off field, while the Reserves made the Grand Final, only lost by six points.  If some of these Reserves players take the next step up to the League, then they will certainly help Glenelg climb off the foot of the ladder, and not see a repeat of the turn of the century where Glenelg won 4 out 5 wooden spoons between 1998 and 2002.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th) Empty Re: 2013 Minor Round Summary - Glenelg (9th)

Post by Lee Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Looks like a rebuilding stage for the Bays. Their list doesn't look great, but if they can snag 2 or 3 quality recruits, that could make a fair difference.

The coach appointment is vital, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of quality candidates among the experienced applicants mentioned so far and few clubs seem to want to gamble on an untried coach.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Amazing how quickly the wheels fell off.
When we had the first bye we had a 3-3 record with the Port loss coming by less then a kick when we had been reduced to 1 sub by quarter time. After that a combination of factors including an extensive injury list, an over reliance on AFL players who didnt play much in the second half, poor form from our senior players and IMO, some poor coaching led to a massive slump.

There are some good players in the Magoos but a lack of scoring options has hurt us for a number of years. The Bays need to find a marking forward who is good for 40+ goals a year and some pace through the midfield. As none of our AFL listed players look like being delisted then we need to find another half dozen replacements.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

already got one big bloke basically signed up...can't say more yet
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum