FOOTYfollower
bigclock
Bundy
bayman
Scrappy
13 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Greatest Actors Actresses of all time - Page 6 Empty Re: Greatest Actors Actresses of all time

Post by bayman Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:21 pm

FOOTYfollower wrote:
bayman wrote:
FOOTYfollower wrote:I had never previously heard that Cassidy was rumoured to be romantically involved with Shirley Jones.  She was his step-mother, so I am a little skeptical about it.  

I had previously heard the rumours about Barry Williams and Florence Henderson, from the Brady Bunch.  Appears this was more of a childhood crush though however.

On a similar theme - I was a huge fan of Family Ties in the 1980's.  There was never any rumours, as far as I know, between Michael J Fox, and Meredith Baxter-Birney, however I have read that she used to drive him to the set in the first year of the show.

Another show I enjoyed, that was made before I was born, was Hogans Heros.  Bob Crane married one of his co-stars, Sigrid Valdaz?? I think here name was.  Unfortunately for Crane, his tendency to live on the edge, ultimately cost him his life.

someones got mixed up with his father

they had a date & that was about it, they have both said it, she has said i went out with him not to hurt his feelings & he understood that as he matured a bit more (or words to that affect)

Meredith in the last few years changed teams & now bats for the same side

apparently the guy Bob Crane used to hang around a lot with is his suspected murderer but they can't prove it & he's denied it (i think they went to court)

Not sure what/who you're referring to in your first 2 sentences bayman.

Re your last sentence re Crane, the guy who is strongly suspected of murdering him, is now deceased himself, I believe.

Re Family Ties - it certainly was interesting to hear Baxter-Birney's revelation a few years ago.  Interestingly, she was born on the same day as her "stage" husband, Michael Gross.  As an actor, I think Gross is under-rated, and he provided many of the highlights over the course of the show.

i was answering each paragraph separately
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Greatest Actors Actresses of all time - Page 6 Empty Re: Greatest Actors Actresses of all time

Post by bayman Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:22 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Or perhaps he was the man of a thousand faces and she was referred to as the woman of a thousand faces?

we have a winner
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:41 pm

Scrappy wrote:

SUSAN DEY
Can you believe she is 61 years old today ?
Best known for her part as Laurie Partridge in the Partridge Family
She was stunning in that series , and matured into a beautiful woman when she was in LA Law

What a show The Partridge Family was
Mother or daughter who could say no to Shirley Jones or Susan Dey

seeing she hasn't been brought up for discussion yet i'll take your Susan Dey & raise you a MAUREEN McCORMICK  I love you I love you I love you Wink

& then i'll raise the stakes  & mention MAUREEN & FLORENCE HENDERSON  Very Happy Wink as the mother/daughter combo
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:19 pm

Ok here is a raise from left field.

What about Cathy Silver (who I thought was Phil Silver's daughter) aka Jennie Piccolo from Happy Days. She was Joanie's best friend who was more "out there".

At least we were spared from her having braces on her teeth.

Putting Florence and Maureen together diminshes value in my book. Maureen by herself even with braces, I can do.

However both Partridge Family and Barady Bunch were just far too goody two shoes to have any sex appeal.

Jenny Piccolo bucked the system. And if you don't go for her, then I will up the stakes to a "Leather Tuscadero". Nothing tops Suzie Q.

My first pop crush in 1974.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by FOOTYfollower Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I didn't realise Cathy Silvers was Phil's daughter until I saw an episode of Happy Days where he played Jenny Picolo's father. I then googled it, and realised the real life connection.

Also saw an episode of Happy Days where Ron Howard's brother, Clint - from "Gentle Ben" - was the son of one of Mr C's colleagues from the Lodge,or whatever it was they called their club.
FOOTYfollower
FOOTYfollower

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm also surprised that Cathy is Phil's daughter
Cathy also has a twin sister Candace who was on a Happy Days episode as well

SHIRLEY JONES
Bayman
I'm not sure if Florence Henderson can be classed as good looking as Shirley Jones
Just for the record , Shirley Jones was offered the part as Carol Brady in the Brady Bunch, but declined.
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Phil Silvers he was a great comedian, i loved his work on SGT BILKO, the character SGT ERNEST BILKO reminds me a lot of Scrappy actually...always looking for a way to make a buck

the cartoon 'Top Cat' was based on SGT BILKO
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 pm

like Thelma Todd, Lupe Velez was around for a long time but she was quite the girl !!!! & it was very sad the way it ended, at least these days there isn't that stigma around on the children etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupe_V%C3%A9lez
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:35 am

I had a big crush on Mia Sara, famous for getting almost nude in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986). I still love that movie.

Of all the teen flicks of the 80s, I think this one stands the test of time, perhaps with The Breakfast Club (1985).

Anyway, back to Mia.

She was (and still is) a very beautiful brunette, born in Brooklyn in 1967 as Mia Sarapociello. Understandable why you would shorten the surname.

The collaboration of her 2 father-in-laws would have made an interesting movie combination. I will explain.

She was married to Jason Connery (Sean Connery's son).
She is now married to Brian Henson (Jim Henson's son).

So it would be a case of "James Bond meets the Muppets".

A possible synopsis:
There would have to be a love seen between 007 and Miss Piggy.
Kermet would be the arch-enemy who has developed a green nerve gas and plans to destroy the population of USA for crimes against felt puppets. What a spoof-fest that would be.

I digress. Mia Sara is still acting and I still watch Ferris Bueller when I need a laugh. Got my kids hooked on it too. I reckon that is enough argument that it has stood the test of time.

Why did they never do Ferris Bueller's "Next" Day Off - The Sequel?
Perhaps teen flick sequel's weren't cool back in the 80s.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Every time I see Mia I think I'm seeing Jane Seymour
As for James Bond meets the Muppets , that's Laughing 
Chamboism at its best
As for that movie, yes a classic
Looking forward to a review of it in the Movies you have scene thread
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:26 pm

bayman wrote:like Thelma Todd, Lupe Velez was around for a long time but she was quite the girl !!!! & it was very sad the way it ended, at least these days there isn't that stigma around on the children etc

Are these 2 alive or dead Bayman....remembering your fixation on cadavers.  Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:27 pm

Scrappy wrote:Every time I see Mia I think I'm seeing Jane Seymour
As for James Bond meets the Muppets , that's Laughing 
Chamboism at its best
As for that movie, yes a classic
Looking forward to a review of it in the Movies you have scene thread

Ok, I will do a bit later.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 pm

has anyone seen (of course you have) ''Fast Times At Ridgemont High'' ?.....

just for you Chambo, the pool seen by Phoebe Cates  I love you I love you I love you 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbHth5ErTs8‎
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
bayman wrote:like Thelma Todd, Lupe Velez was around for a long time but she was quite the girl !!!! & it was very sad the way it ended, at least these days there isn't that stigma around on the children etc

Are these 2 alive or dead Bayman....remembering your fixation on cadavers.  Very Happy

both dead, Lupe sucided, while Thelma was either murdered or it was an accidental suicide depending on the different theories that go around
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:06 pm

bayman wrote:

both dead, Lupe sucided, while Thelma was either murdered or it was an accidental suicide depending on the different theories that go around

Knew it
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:41 pm

bayman wrote:

Knew it

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

but whatabout Phoebe Cates ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Is she the one in the Gremlins movies? She's a honey too.

I reckon I have seen Ridgemont High.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Is she the one in the Gremlins movies? She's a honey too.

I reckon I have seen Ridgemont High.

just googled, yes she was in Gremlins as well....Chambo watch the link i posted & then just say thank you  Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Merci
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:40 pm

PHOEBE CATES
Can we beleive she is half a ton ?
Even at 50 years of age she is showing no signs of deklineing in looks
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Merci

i thought you'd say thank you  Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:36 pm

CHARLOTTE RAMPLING

Good actress
She is still amazingly beautiful
Seen her recently in 2 movies
Under the Sand [2000] she was 54ish
I , Anna [2012] 66ish
In both films she looked much younger
I could not believe she was aged mid 60s in the 2012 film
She hardly looked 50

Proof of her profound looks
1995 Voted in Empire Magazine as one of the sexiest stars in film history
2001 Voted by Peoples magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people
2013 Endorsed beautifulness by Scrappy
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:06 am

KATIE CASSIDY
Spotted her in the movie Kill For Me
Was thinking what a splendid and nice looking actress she is
I did a search on her
It revealed she is David Cassidy's daughter
Cant see any resemblance to her cherished Dad though
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:40 am

Here's an email sent in 2000

I am 54 years old now and it has been quite a while since Jim visited me in room 610 of New York Hospital in the late 1950's

My father had a store in the old CBS building in NY and Dennis Weaver would come in all the time
I was very sick as a child and Jim was my hero
It was arranged through the doctors and CBS people for Jim to come and see me when he made a rare trip to NY
Needless to say it was a turning point for me

I later became a championship fighter , a lifelong police officer and a champion shooter ...

That's quite an endorsement in this email
Jim is James Arness , who played the part of Marshall Matt Dillon in the cult TV western Gunsmoke
Gunsmoke is arguably the greatest TV western of all time
James Arness, without doubt one of the greatest TV Western actors

Questions?
Is Matt Dillon the best TV western actor of all time ?
Who was the SANFL footballer nicknamed after Matt Dillon[hopefully I get an answer before next year] ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:09 am

one of my favourite actors would have turned 100 years old today.......

George Reeves who was a super actor

Happy 100th George  Greatest Actors Actresses of all time - Page 6 1191818290 Greatest Actors Actresses of all time - Page 6 1191818290
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next