Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013

4 posters

Go down

Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013 Empty Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Welcome to Wild World of Sport, where I will aim to provide a brief summary of 5 sports events that have happened in the past 24 hours.  It may be mainstream, it may be completely off the beat, but it will be 5 events in brief.

Wallabies Lose to the Lions

Last night's deciding Wallabies v Lions rugby union match turned out to be a fizzer, with the Lions belting the Wallabies 41-16.  The Lions were dominant from the outset, scoring 4 tries to 1, as the Lions win their first series against any side since 1997.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/wallabies-v-lions-game-set-match/story-fn5k35fo-1226675403172#.UdkEjRYhK_s

Jagr on the Move Again
The NHL silly season is in full swing, and once again, veteran journeyman Jaromir Jagr is still available for a new home.  The former Penguin, Capital, Ranger, Flyer, Star, and Bruin is looking for a new home, and it may be some time before a club signs up the 41 year old, with free agent movement a tad slow at the moment.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/07/06/sp-nhl-jagr.html

Red Faces at the BBC as Marion Bartoli takes out Wimbledon
The BBC has apologised to newly crowned Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli after radio commentator John Inverdale said that Bartoli was 'never going to be a looker'.  Bartoli took the comments in her stride, saying it will not overshadow her victory in the Wimbledon final.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jul/06/john-inverdale-marion-bartoli

Hot Dogs, Get Your Hot dogs
Joey 'Jaws' Chestnut has broken his own world record - in hot dog eating. At the 4th of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest at (where else but) New York, he dominated the contest, consuming 69 hot dogs in a record breaking performance.  Hungry, watch the video at:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/jul/05/joey-chestnut-eats-69-hot-dogs-video

The Umpire Strikes Back, so do the Fans
Brazilian soccer referee Octavio da Silva has been beheaded by angry fans after stabbing to death player Josenir dos Santos.  After dos Santos attacked da Silva on the field and refused to leave, da Silva decided to replace the red card with a knife, stabbing dos Santos, who died en route to hospital.  da Silva was subsequently stoned and beheaded by angry fans.  I'm sure this will add further concern to Brazil's ability to host the soccer World Cup next year and the Olympics in 2016.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/07/brazilian-referee-decapitated-stabs-player

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013 Empty Re: Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013

Post by Lee Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:02 pm

That last story is just unbelievable!

BT, why do you think the Canadian teams seem to have dropped right off in Ice Hockey?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 pm

WOW !!! the last story is just unbelievable, i know there was some angry North supporters at Woodville Oval today with the last decision of the day but apart from booing & sledging nothing happened, i could not ever see footy supporters or players & officials doing something like that, thankfully we're in a country that has the battle on field & shake hands when the battle is over
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm

redandblack wrote:
BT, why do you think the Canadian teams seem to have dropped right off in Ice Hockey?

Not totally sure to be honest. Haven't followed the international ice hockey scene too closely (besides the announcement of Pittsburgh coach Dan Byslma taking control of team USA for the Winter Olympics).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Wild World of Sport: 7 July 2013 1344700888 WOW! And they call it the beautiful game.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down