Ben W
Lee
waddayamean
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

South Empty Re: South

Post by Lee Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm

I think all sides are relevant, but South have a lot of soul-searching to do. Keeping recruits and identifying and developing talent are two priorities.

Getting the right administrative and football department structures and people is also vital.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:18 pm

We seem to manage to beat Glenelg okay! Very Happy
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 pm

Ben W wrote:We seem to manage to beat Glenelg okay! Very Happy

but you only play us 2 or 3 times a year, i have seen South a few times this year including the last 2 weeks, there is no doubt South pump themselves up for Glenelg games & usually do well win, lose or draw, however where is that intensity against other teams ? (ok they went ok against Norwood & Central recently but generally speaking where is it ?)....when the coach says publically that they (players) don't follow game plans, team structures etc etc i think that is the problem in a nutshell & that is RESPECT there is none for the coach & perhaps the same the other way around
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:07 pm

waddayamean wrote:Fuller safe ?  No is the answer I believe.

he's not safe at all & in fact only the pay out figure will save him
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm not sure about the "fertile" recruiting zone.

Participation numbers are at junior levels are the lowest in the league along with Central.

A lot of area south of Seacliff/Darlington is not Panthers country.

Glenelg - Hallett Cove, part of Morphett Vale & Reynella

West - Flagstaff Hill, Aberfoyle Park & most of Happy Valley

South's northern zone boundary starts from the coast only 2km from the ground. (Christies Creek)

The area south of Darlington is much much smaller than that north of Gepps Cross.

McLaren Vale & Willunga pale in size compared with Gawler & the Barossa.

The South Coast ie Victor Harbor to Goolwa is booming with population growth BUT it's the wrong age range. (mainly retirement age)

Then there is Kangaroo Island with its own small 5 team league with a massive travel investment required to be a part of development, junior or senior squads.

Over time Seaford, the Noarlunga TOD and Aldinga will develop a larger local population base BUT for mine its a tough area at the moment.

That said I know from personal experience the relationship between South and its zoned clubs has always been challenging.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 pm

There are a ton of soccer clubs down Noarlunga way that have made the move from Amateur club to being affiliated with FFSA over the last 10 years.

That could be a huge factor in participation rates.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Yes I remember when I had finished up at Noarlunga getting a call from the club very concerned they had received a complaint from a patron who had won a South Adelaide Panthers raffle but never received their prize. ( I think it was a set of new Car Tyres value $500)

She was ready to report the club to the Lotteries Commission for breach of licence, Today Tonight etc etc

No one at the club knew anything about it so rang me in desperation to find out what I had done.

After a bit of investigating it turned out the raffle was for the "South Adelaide Panthers Football Club" .... the soccer side.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:11 am

PhilH wrote:I'm not sure about the "fertile" recruiting zone.

Participation numbers are at junior levels are the lowest in the league along with Central.

A lot of area south of Seacliff/Darlington is not Panthers country.

Glenelg - Hallett Cove, part of Morphett Vale & Reynella

West - Flagstaff Hill, Aberfoyle Park & most of Happy Valley

South's northern zone boundary starts from the coast only 2km from the ground. (Christies Creek)

The area south of Darlington is much much smaller than that north of Gepps Cross.

McLaren Vale & Willunga pale in size compared with Gawler & the Barossa.

The South Coast ie Victor Harbor to Goolwa is booming with population growth BUT it's the wrong age range. (mainly retirement age)

Then there is Kangaroo Island with its own small 5 team league with a massive travel investment required to be a part of development, junior or senior squads.

Over time Seaford, the Noarlunga TOD and Aldinga will develop a larger local population base BUT for mine its a tough area at the moment.

That said I know from personal experience the relationship between South and its zoned clubs has always been challenging.

thanks for bringing some objectivity and realism to the argument Phil.
very difficult to make a silk purse from a sows ear...
Very worrying times at Noarlunga I feel, as a  supporter for 55 yrs, I feel we have gained very little in the last 4 yrs since Fullers appointment.Interesting times between now and seasons end ..unfortunately Im hearing some pretty ordinary things from down there at the moment...
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum