+3
Chambo Off To Work We Go
countrycousin
howthewestwaswon
7 posters

Go down

Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL Empty Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/adelaide-crows-ready-to-fly-free-into-the-future/story-e6freck3-1226595917369

Didn't know whether this belonged here or AFL section, but it seems this may affect SANFL in a way.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL Empty Re: Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL

Post by countrycousin Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 am

It sure will affect the SANFL. My initial reaction is "$15 million for 2 licenses, drip fed over 15 years - they can't be serious." In today's financial climate that's as near to giving them away for nothing as they can get Shocked
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL Empty Re: Crows to buy AFL licence from SANFL

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:59 am

Is that $15 million each or for both?

If this is $1M per year, then where are Port getting that money from, as small as it is.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Is that $15 million each or for both?

If this is $1M per year, then where are Port getting that money from, as small as it is.
If my reading of the article is correct it's $15million for both, but the Crows are paying more than Port. But as usual we mug punters, who keep supporting the game, are being given the old mushroom treatment. Rolling Eyes
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:08 pm

countrycousin wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Is that $15 million each or for both?

If my reading of the article is correct it's $15million for both, but the Crows are paying more than Port. But as usual we mug punters, who keep supporting the game, are being given the old mushroom treatment. Rolling Eyes

That's what I thought too - i.e. Crows pay $12million and Port pay $3million. I don't think I'd be too far off the mark in that regard, considering the financial positions of both clubs.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:26 pm

if any of us buy a car or house & have to pay it off we pay interest.....if they want to pay it off then they should be paying interest
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Yes indeed.

So are 2 Adelaide based AFL clubs worth just $15M at today's value?
In 15 years one would think they are worth much more.
Therefore, is this a 15 year interest free repayment plan?

If it were at only 3% interest, that is about $3.5M over that term.

Surely the clubs wouldn't be impressed with that.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:09 pm

also can someone enlighten me as to where this figure ($15 million) comes from ?

i would think in a buying & selling market a negotiation takes place, has there been any such negotiating ? if not why not ? if they want to buy it back & are desperate to do so i'd imagine a negotiation would get a higher price than that

i recall the TAB that makes money every day of the year barring Good Friday & Christmas Day getting given away as well among other business' & the same bloke that did that has influence with this footy matter, yep we're going to get screwed
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:54 pm

bayman wrote:also can someone enlighten me as to where this figure ($15 million) comes from ?

Perhaps your avatar conjured it up for them? Using Elec-trickery of course. Laughing
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

I don't see what the financial position of either club has to do with selling of there licences.

I concede that the cows should pay more as they have been in the competition 6 years longer than the other rabble, but I would also like to know how the figure of 15 million over 15 years is calculated. This equates to just over $100,000 per SANFL club.

Aside from this, am I correct in assuming that all SANFL clubs will lose out because I thought there current dividend from both AFL teams each year stands at around $200,000
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:39 pm

testy wrote:Aside from this, am I correct in assuming that all SANFL clubs will lose out because I thought there current dividend from both AFL teams each year stands at around $200,000

Think each club would also receive a yearly dividend from the SMA, almost as a replacement for what is currently funded by the Power and Crows
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down