Booney
Southee
Gingernuts
testy
A Mum
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Concerts/Gigs you will be attending (or think you may attend) in 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerts/Gigs you will be attending (or think you may attend) in 2013

Post by bayman Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:09 pm

testy wrote:
bayman wrote:
testy wrote:We are of to see the comedian Bob Down and his mother Eider  Very Happy 

We also hope to see a couple more shows at the fringe over the month that it is on--some great value at a lot of the shows.

testy, obviously not hoping to see Ben then

No not seeing Ben Bayman, and I don't want to see his friend Phillip McCavity either.  Laughing Laughing 

lol  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Concerts/Gigs you will be attending (or think you may attend) in 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerts/Gigs you will be attending (or think you may attend) in 2013

Post by Scrappy Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:48 am

blacky wrote:of to see the hollies tonight  Smile 

Well, Blacky
I'm waiting for a review
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Melanie Safka is coming in June to the festival centre
Thought meh then watched some of her old songs
brand new key etc
So I'm thinking of going release the inner hippy lmao
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:35 pm

I'm going to what the Hunters and Collectors have described as their last gig ever at the Palais in St Kilda in April. I'm really looking forward to it.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:32 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:I'm going to what the Hunters and Collectors have described as their last gig ever at the Palais in St Kilda in April. I'm really looking forward to it.

does Dan the lead singer of your favourite band know your going to this ?

enjoy the gig, i'm sure you will

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 am

IAmTheWarrior wrote:I'm going to what the Hunters and Collectors have described as their last gig ever at the Palais in St Kilda in April. I'm really looking forward to it.

That's where I went in 2013 to see Lita Ford its next to the pub on the corner and you wait outside for them to open the doors !! Other side is a night club called apartment 29 !!
I stayed in a motel in St Kilda and walked up the street to the Palais !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:12 pm

bayman wrote:

does Dan the lead singer of your favourite band know your going to this ?

enjoy the gig, i'm sure you will

Haha- dan and I aren't exclusive so I don't need to discuss this with him. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself though.

Have been to the Palais before to see the Pink Floyd Experience (a cover band)- it wasn't my choice as they were doing "The Wall" and I've always liked "Dark Side of The Moon" better but they were great so for anyone who's a Floyd fan I'd really recommend them.

IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:39 am

Is anyone going to The Strolling Bones concert ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Scrappy wrote:Is anyone going to The Strolling Bones concert ?

Was changed my mind lol
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:56 pm

Scrappy wrote:Is anyone going to The Strolling Bones concert ?

If it was 1974, I'd think about it. But probably decide that I wouldn't pay to see them.

Now it's 2014.....not a chance. Cool Laughing 
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:40 am

Saw the Hunters last night- they were brilliant. Mark Seymour's voice struggled a bit on some songs (Tears of Joy especially) but he nailed it in Stuck on You. I loved Skin of Our Teeth and then it was just brilliant rwhen everyone in the venue sand along to Throw Your Arms Around Me. The Palais wasn't really the greatest venue for their sort of show (no room for dancing) but they were awesome!!
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:14 pm

Mrs Browns Boys was every cent. Had a great time
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:00 pm

This one looks good for some of the Baby Booming Bodgeys

Go Show
8/8/2014
Festival Theater

Ronnie Burns
Brian Cadd
Ronnie Charles
Dinah Lee
Colleen Hewitt
Normie Rowe
Glenn Sharrock
Tony Worsley
Ross D Wylie
Johnny Young

Decent line up

Anyone venturing ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:10 pm

im thinking of going to see the Glenn Miller ORchestra as well as Tim Freedman who is doing a tribute to Harry Nilsson
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Here's one for The Emperor
13/9/2014
Chasers Function Centre, Angle Park Dog Track
DARYL BRAITHWAITE & BAND
$67 Buffet Package
$37 Show only

Also same venue
CHOIRBOYS
4/10/2014

Last edited by Scrappy on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:53 pm

GUY SEBASTIAN
Morphetville racecourse
The first Tuesday in November
Melbourne Cup day
4/11/2014
After race concert

Terrific coup by the club
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Suzi Quatro
Feb 2015
Thebbie theatre
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Now that the Stones are about to descend upon us once again, I thought I would relay a little story from the last time they came to do a concert back in 1995 for the Voodoo Lounge tour.

The venue was the then Football Park.

The only potential hiccup was that Mick and the boys were due to play on April 5 and my second child was due on April 4. This could be interesting.

I had bought the ticket before number 2 child was even conceived, so to be fair the wife was instructed to cross her legs at least for the next 3 hours.

Back in the day mobile phones (or more to the point plastic talking bricks) were around, but not common for everyone to have one. I nicked one from work just in case and there was only one person who had the number likely to ring me after 7pm.

Anyway, all looked quiet on the domestic front, so off I trot for a date with Mick and Keefy. Walking across the carpark at West Lakes, what happens? Yep, phone rings.

Sh!t, here we go, I thought.

So I answer and it is not the dulcet tones of wife, but a bloke who took a while to identify himself. But I did manage to catch his drift and it was one of my brother's mates who I was doing a job for.

Nothing that was urgent or important enough that couldn't have waited, but I think this was wifey's pay back for abandoning her for the evening in giving him my number.

The concert was great, picked up a T-Shirt that I still have and basically cannot wear in mixed or underage company.

The irony was that if the phone did ring with an emergency during the concert, there was not a snow flake's chance in hell I was going to hear it over Keefy's and Wronny's guitars and phones didn't vibrate back then.

....Oh almost forgot. Number 2 child (a boy) was born a week later in Calvary.
Good onya lad, timing impeccable.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 am

Some appropriate Rolling Stones songs

Anybody Seen My Baby
Feel On Baby
Good Time Woman
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing In The Shadow
I Need You Baby
Let It Loose
Lets Spend The Night Together
Prodigal Son

And most importantly

Time Is On My Side
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 am

how many posters went to see Miley last night???
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Scrappy wrote:Some appropriate Rolling Stones songs

Anybody Seen My Baby
Feel On Baby
Good Time Woman
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing In The Shadow
I Need You Baby
Let It Loose
Lets Spend The Night Together
Prodigal Son

And most importantly

Time Is On My Side
I'm thinking Sympathy For The Devil is appropriate too!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:10 pm

The Emperor wrote:how many posters went to see Miley last night???

Family members attended [not me]
$150 per ticket
$50 for the Miley Cyrus Bangerz 2004 tour tee shirt [picture of Miley poking her tongue out on the tee shirt]

The report:
Fantastic concert despite all the swearing
Lots of critics condoning MC for her provocative antics , but she only has to impress enough people on her way to making her millions.

To use a Baymanism
You would take Hannah Montana home to meet Mum
But you would have more fun with Miley Cyrus

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Hannah Montana was 13???

Mebbe don't take her home to meet Mum Very Happy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat May 02, 2015 8:06 am

AMERICA COMING TO ADELAIDE

That great 70s soft rock/folk band America will be giging in Adelaide 11/5/2015
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat May 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Went to see them back in the early 80s at Apollo.
Liked their stuff.

No fuss easy west coast USA sound.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next