+4
firstblood
testy
Scrappy
bayman
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

harness racing South Australia reaches new low  - Page 2 Empty Re: harness racing South Australia reaches new low

Post by testy Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Thanks for that Bayman and enjoy your day at victor. Smile
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

harness racing South Australia reaches new low  - Page 2 Empty Re: harness racing South Australia reaches new low

Post by bayman Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

testy wrote:
Thanks for that Bayman and enjoy your day at victor. Smile

never thought to ask anyone that would know as it slipped my mind today sorry Embarassed Embarassed , i will find out though, a little birdy tells me CK & Mrs CK had a very profitable day today Very Happy Wink & i went ok too Cool Cool
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 pm

bayman wrote:as mentioned on another thread..................

the usual bookmaker Peter Dammarrell didn't front to field at either the Friday night or Saturday nights cup meeting, there were many rumours floating around as to why, however the majority of people ''in the know'' suggested it was regards to him having to pay a fee (possibly extra to the norm) to field where he always does, now whether this is true or there is another reason i don't know but all those ''in the know'' have said that if it isn't resolved he wont be back which means bar for cup night there wont be a bookmaker at Globe Derby, yet they can get 3 bookies to the Victor harbor meetings

does anyone know the full story ?

got a text today saying that Peter Dammarrell is the only bookie to apply to field at Globe Derby, alledgedly the ''powers at be'' are having or had a meeting to decide whether they want a bookie there at all, surely a bookie no matter how tight he is does add atmosphere to a track, i'll still go to the trots but not every week like it is now (barring when the footy is on) i'll pick & choose the better meetings to attend, this will be another nail in the coffin

ask CK how good was Victor Harbor with 3 bookies, we need them to create atmosphere
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:17 pm

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:as mentioned on another thread..................

the usual bookmaker Peter Dammarrell didn't front to field at either the Friday night or Saturday nights cup meeting, there were many rumours floating around as to why, however the majority of people ''in the know'' suggested it was regards to him having to pay a fee (possibly extra to the norm) to field where he always does, now whether this is true or there is another reason i don't know but all those ''in the know'' have said that if it isn't resolved he wont be back which means bar for cup night there wont be a bookmaker at Globe Derby, yet they can get 3 bookies to the Victor harbor meetings

does anyone know the full story ?

got a text today saying that Peter Dammarrell is the only bookie to apply to field at Globe Derby, alledgedly the ''powers at be'' are having or had a meeting to decide whether they want a bookie there at all, surely a bookie no matter how tight he is does add atmosphere to a track, i'll still go to the trots but not every week like it is now (barring when the footy is on) i'll pick & choose the better meetings to attend, this will be another nail in the coffin

ask CK how good was Victor Harbor with 3 bookies, we need them to create atmosphere

Unfortunately victor is something that only occurs 3 or 4 times a year, a bit of a novelty where some bookies who never go to Globe Derby think they will make a killing. If going to GD doesn't pay then why bother, just leave it to the tote, it will happen it is just a matter of time.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 am

bayman wrote:last night at Globe Derby i was informed by a first timer at the trots that it cost his kids 13 & 15 $10.00 to get in Shocked , i told him that isn't right as it's no cost for under 16yo if accompanied with an adult, with further discussions i went outside & read the sign at the main entrance & it read

Adults $10.00
Concession $5.00

free entry for children under 12 years old

i was absolutely gobsmacked, i know they're struggling financially, although they are asset rich, this bloke said to me, ''well not only next week but we wont be back at all, i'm not spending $40.00 to get my family in & then you add on the expense of food, drinks & so on, it is way too dear & isn't this supposed to be a FAMILY sport ?'' i couldn't argue with anything he said

no child 13 to 16 should be paying to get in as they have never been charged before at any racecourse i've been to in Australia & these kids are not allowed to bet or drink

i don't know whose idea it is whether it was one of the top honcho's or someone lower in the pecking order, but as Derryn Hinch would say SHAME SHAME SHAME

I may be a little slow here, but is it any coincidence that one of the Directors of West Adelaide is also on the board for Harness Racing SA? I wonder if he was re-elected last night at the Bloods' AGM? Shocked
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Yes he was.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2