7 posters

Go down

Classy Empty Classy

Post by Lee Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Letter from Jaryd Cachia to Norwood FC.

NORWOOD FC FROM JARYD CACHIA
11/12/2012 2:32:03 PM

Dear the Norwood Football Club community,

I want to thank everybody involved in the football club for initially being so welcoming of me to the club, and then continuing to be so supportive of me throughout 2012. It was a tough move over to Adelaide for me, but I can honestly say that I made by far one of the best decisions of my life to join the Norwood Football Club. I had such a wonderful year with you all and I can't express my gratitude enough to such a great club.

If I could thank everybody I'd have to write an essay, but I must make a few special mentions.

Firstly to Heather Burdett. I lived with Heather this year and she made my transition that much easier for me. Her support every day this year enabled me to play the best football I possibly could so I'm so grateful to her.
Mark Ross - thanks for bringing me over to such a great football club. It's a real credit to you how this football club is run.
Nathan Basset & the Norwood coaching staff - thanks for pushing me and helping me develop my game further. I improved so much in 12 months and that's all thanks to you.
Mat Suckling - B2, I can leave Adelaide with a new best mate!

Special thanks to all the Norwood FC trainers (Donna for holding my hand!) & volunteers for all your help to me in 2012.

The Norwood office staff of Robbie Neill, Peggy, Matt & Geoff Baynes and James Dalwood - thanks for providing me with an entertaining workplace!

The amazing fans!! Never have I been involved in a football club where there is so much dedication and support from the fans. You're incredible, and I'll hopefully be able to get back next year for a game and join you in supporting the Leggies!

Lastly, the playing group. Absolute bunch of legends! Will miss everyone! I'll be over to watch you win the 2013 flag!

I can leave Norwood with a premiership, great mates and amazing memories that I will have for life so thankyou everyone! Norwood FC really is a fantastic football club, I'm so proud to have been a part of it.

Jaryd Cachia

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Classy Empty Re: Classy

Post by bayman Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:34 pm

yep, classy sums it up, no ego with that young man, just complete humility & gratitude, well done & good luck to him on his AFL adventure
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:43 pm

It's a great read. Forget the club involved but it says a lot about what is good for our competition. All clubs have passionate suporters and are in it to win it, not just feed AFL clubs like the VFL. The VFL system is such a mess with all their changes and the WAFL may head that way to, we need to keep what is special about our comp. Players from interstate will come and go but that doesn't matter if they leave with such passion and memories as he has.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

You do tend to remember the quality people that float through a club, some for a short time, some for longer, but they leave their mark.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:11 pm

ca wrote:It's a great read. Forget the club involved but it says a lot about what is good for our competition. All clubs have passionate suporters and are in it to win it, not just feed AFL clubs like the VFL. The VFL system is such a mess with all their changes and the WAFL may head that way to, we need to keep what is special about our comp. Players from interstate will come and go but that doesn't matter if they leave with such passion and memories as he has.

Great post. I've made friends from football across all clubs. As you say, all clubs have passionate supporters and I believe those who love the game are all much the same, whoever we support.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by brodlach Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 am

Great letter, the Legs should be proud of that.

Hope he does well at Carlton.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 am

A very good illustration of the eloquent man he is. I interviewed him for ABC-TV after a match, and was very impressed at the thought he put into his answers, ability to think very eloquently on the spot and give reasoned and well thought insight into the game. There are bigger things destined for him when he leaves playing duty behind in many years to come.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum