howthewestwaswon
The Emperor
firstblood
A Mum
Brucetiki
bayman
10 posters

Go down

Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  Empty Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'

Post by bayman Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 pm

well with just less than 2 months before Christmas i've noticed my first set of Christmas Lights & Decorations, tonight at the florist on the corner of Jetty Road & Gordon Streets at Glenelg, their shop front with the lights having taken effect now it's dark looks brilliant imho, obviously we'll have Lobethal & the guy Len Doof is it?? at Salisbury, The Brewery display & many others around the suburbs.......

feel free to get into the spirit & mention where you have seen great Christmas displays around the suburbs

i'll get in early, Happy Christmas to everyone Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  Empty Re: Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'

Post by Brucetiki Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:24 pm

The West End riverbank display gets underway this weekend. Never seen it start this early before.

Also, for those going to the riverbank display this year, note the parking restrictions at the Entertainment Centre due to the building of their new multi-story car park (set for completion mid-next year).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  Empty Re: Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'

Post by A Mum Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:47 am

The Rehn family at Old Noarlunga always have a huge display - and a huge turnout of people viewing their lights.

Everything from working trains and bright lights.

Awesome stuff Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660
A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:13 pm

A Mum wrote:The Rehn family at Old Noarlunga always have a huge display - and a huge turnout of people viewing their lights.

Everything from working trains and bright lights.

Awesome stuff Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660

do you know the address ?........will take a drive down there later in the month
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 am

Just the main street of Old Noarlunga - hopefully they still do it - maybe ring the deli or even the pub down there and ask first Bayman Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660

A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 am

If you ever get the chance, there's a house up on the Sunshine Coast QLD, i think it's in the Nambour area (i'l try and find the address) and it's lit up similar to the house in the movie National Lampoons Christmas vacation.. you can see the glow from streets away at night. You can actually walk around the house, backyard and garden, sign a visitors book and make a donation if you wish. It's absolutley brilliant and i haven't seen anything that would come close to that here.
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

A Mum wrote:Just the main street of Old Noarlunga - hopefully they still do it - maybe ring the deli or even the pub down there and ask first Bayman Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660

I reckon they spend 5 months setting up and then 7 months pulling it down!
quite an impressive display and it always draws a good crowd!
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Lobethal is clearly the obvious one, but Loxton (which we drove up especially for - all in a day, without staying over night) and even Whyalla have put up some very nice lights.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:02 pm

A Mum wrote:Just the main street of Old Noarlunga - hopefully they still do it - maybe ring the deli or even the pub down there and ask first Bayman Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660

thanks for that Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 pm

We had a meal down the bay last night, i noticed that florist on the corner and agree it looks fantastic.
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm

A couple of people have told me that, too, Harpo Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:34 am

I came across this Facebook link Bayman - you may be intersted in Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  2829010660

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adelaide-Christmas-lights-locations-2012/561910133825928?fref=tck
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:19 am

howthewestwaswon wrote:Lobethal is clearly the obvious one, but Loxton (which we drove up especially for - all in a day, without staying over night) and even Whyalla have put up some very nice lights.

My grandma lives in Loxton and the lights have been an annual pilgrimage for many years. There is nothing like cruising around the town and through the citrus orchards on a warm summer night looking at the lights displays.

There is one bloke who does a huge display across the front of his fruit block just outside of town, it's very impressive and great for kids.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Churchlands, Western Australia. STATS: 41,000 bulbs, 2,000 light channels, 2kms of cable & 200 hours to set up. My past displays have raised more than $90k for community projects. And what does it cost in power? An extra $10/week - that's it! It's all LED and for most of the 3 hours/night, less than 50% of the lights are running at any time. But frankly, the video doesn't do it justice, you have to see it live!

firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:21 pm

That is soooooooo awesome !!

I've seen some American ones - glad to know there is at least one in Australia!!

Very Happy
A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:36 pm

Here's another very clever one ! Very Happy

A Mum
A Mum

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 06, 2013 9:51 pm

i went into the florist i posted this thread about to order flowers for mum as it's mothers day on Sunday, it's called ''The Bay Junction Florist'' & for any man in the area that have planned to buy flowers for their mum, it's worth going into that shop, 3 very attractive ladies working in that shop Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue May 07, 2013 4:08 am

bayman wrote:

i went into the florist i posted this thread about to order flowers for mum as it's mothers day on Sunday, it's called ''The Bay Junction Florist'' & for any man in the area that have planned to buy flowers for their mum, it's worth going into that shop, 3 very attractive ladies working in that shop Wink

Definitely not for the flowers then... Wink Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Tue May 07, 2013 10:40 am

bayman wrote:

This post is only good if photos attached lol!
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:47 pm

i drove past that shop tonight & the Christmas display looks magnificent, i look forward to seeing more places ''lit up'' as we head towards Christmas, if anyone knows those girls in there tell them they've done a great job Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  1672671459 Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  1672671459 Christmas Lights...Homes & Buisiness'  1672671459 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down