RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC

+2
Brucetiki
Harpo
6 posters

Go down

RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC Empty RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC

Post by Harpo Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Sunday October 7 12 Noon

RES: GRAND FINAL 2012

Norwood Football Club
V
Central Districs Football Club

Previous Results 2012
Round 2- CD 8-6-54 def by. NWD 8-15-63 @ PAO
Round 15 NWD 9-13-67 def. CD 9-10-64 @CS

Live Streaming on http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match3/

Key: PAO=Playford Alive Oval
CS=Coopers Stadium

Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC Empty Re: RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC

Post by Brucetiki Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:43 am

What an effort by Centrals to come from 5th to take out the Reserves premiership. In particular, they showed enough guts and determination in the last quarter when Norwood had all the momentum, so do what was needed to hold on late in the game to ensure the game was there.

Congratulations to Centrals Reserves.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC Empty Re: RESERVES GF NORWOOD FC v CENTRAL DISTRICT FC

Post by bayman Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

i agree with all that Brucetiki & will add that yesterday was the first time i've seen a league coach address the reserves at half time before they ventured into the rooms in any match let alone Grand Final day especially given that the league team were playing on the day as well, i'm sure it has probably happened before but i haven't seen it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:20 pm

waddayamean wrote:How many in the dogs ressies should have played league at the end of the year ?

good call, i'd say at least 7 of them
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 pm

waddayamean wrote:How many in the dogs ressies should have played league at the end of the year ?
In my opinion...

There were 13 players in the Reserves Premiership side that have played League, at some stage this year...

Of those 13 players, I could only make a case for maybe two or three of them based on what I had seen...

Jay Nash was in great form over the last 3 or 4 weeks of finals and was certainly deserving of being in the side...

A case could have been made for Chad O'Sullivan but I think there is some concerns still about his lack of pace now...

Jason Sutherland was lacking match fitness, having played just 3 games this year, was too underdone to come in...

Matt Westhoff was too inconsistent and struggled to play well week to week so that held him back from being promoted...

The other Matthew, Prior, is a very good footballer, IMHO, and I would have considered bringing him in when Collier hurt the ankle...

Tom Dunne was given his opportunity in the senior side and did not make the most of it, in my opionion, as was dropped accordingly...

Nason, Lawton, Reichert, Hynes, Vater, Haydon and Wilson were either injured, only just coming back or were not in good enough form...

I think 2, maybe 3 at most to answer your question, waddyamean...

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

waddayamean wrote:Jay Nash staying or on the move ?
If I were a betting man, I would say he will stay, for sure...

There was some talk that the reason he didn't play in this GF was because he was told by the club during the week he may not be required...

Absolute rubbish. Jay was in the rooms post game, celebrating the Reserves Premiership. He did his hammy at training during the week and was bitterly disappointed to miss...

He will be at CDFC in season 2013, I am very confident of that...

Your boys interested in him, I hear, waddyamean?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:33 pm

Congrats Centrals. I was supporting you on the day
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum