bayman
Flag No.10
Adelaide Hawk
Southee
howthewestwaswon
Admin
12 posters

Go down

Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval 3486-300x123 V Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Sturt

Sunday 29 July
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: 5RPH

South had another home loss to North, while Sturt had a home loss to the Eagles. Who will come up with the win this week?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Stuff it, they'll both lose...

Draw.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 18: South v Sturt - Sunday 29 July @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Southee Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Unfortunately...or fortunately Shocked I wont be at this game as I will be in Queensland for a family hoiliday for a week.

I hope someone gives a good review on the game.

Maybe it might help the team if I left the state for a week ???

Seriously after watching the Panthers play the Bays and North at home I feel we are pushing "you know what" uphill!!!

Sturt love playing Noarlunga.....for some unknown reason that we do not understand ...sort of a bit like do UFO's, Ghosts or Aliens exsist???.....South Adelaide hate it!!!

Surely this is a pure conspiracy theory and I shall be proven wrong over this weekend ??? Mad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 am

South should win, and win well.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:54 am

South Adelaide

F: Bass, Wundke, Gotch
HF: Taylor, Ainger, Daniel
C: Cross, Murphy, Rolfe
HB: Crate, Veide, Houlihan
B: Casley, Crabb, Redigolo

R: Brooksby, Stribling, Liddle

Int: Pfeiffer, De Visser, Scott-Collings, Watson, Carey

In: Carey, Ainger, Scott-Collings
Out: Hourigan (omitted)

Sturt

F: Kane, Duldig, Riley
HF: McIntyre, Grundy, Krause
C: C. Evans, Sheedy, Crocker
HB: Jaensch, F. Evans, Kerridge
B: Nielsen, McLeay, Anderson

R: Kurtze, Thomson, Montgomery

Int: Crane, Greenslade, Plant

In: Crane
Out: Tambling (Crows)
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 pm

do South really want to play finals ? after todays match with due respect to Sturt i'm not so sure...is the pre-season 'depature' of O'keefe the missing link ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:37 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Stuff it, they'll both lose...

Draw.

And indeed it was a draw when the final siren sounded
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Correct, Scrappy, nice tipping HTWWW Cool
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Can't say I told you so guys ... Refer to above post.

Listened to it on 1197am on iPhone up here. Turn off at 15 min of last quarter as I am on holiday trying to destress and knew the inevitable !!!

There goes South Adelaide's season in one game.

What a utter disappointing year for us. So much to offer the diehard supporters with the finals last year and with expectations high this year we have failed to deliver again ! South all over!

Recruiting this year has been a let down with many not up to the standard of league SANFL when really they should be.

I feel like my heart has been ripped about with this result.

Just a real stinker of a year.

Off for a kayak on the Noosa river tomorrow to chill out after finding the result of this game this arvo. Might has a beer or two after too to reflect on a South season that could have been.

Shattered right now Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Have a good time, mate, know how you feel.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Southee, just bear in mind what Eagle supporters are going through--from top to the bottom of the ladder.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm

testy wrote:

Southee, just bear in mind what Eagle supporters are going through--from top to the bottom of the ladder.

Hearing you ... But Eagles last premiership 2011...... South 1964.

Its killing me as I don't see one coming anytime soon.

Feeling extremely deflated ATM .

I'm 38 and seriously thinking I wont see one in my lifetime .... Just sad really !

Least all other clubs have had some sort of recent success Sad
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 pm

As he said, W, he's a South supporter and knew what would happen.

Similar to me at Richmond against Norwood when Rodan lined up for that last kick.

We knew he'd kick it.

It was inevitable.

When you barrack for West or South, you know these things Smile

As for Westies right now, though, I think those days are a thing of the past.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Like R&B said ... You just knew what was going to happen.

Seen it way too many times with South over the years. (eg. Westies at start of the year!)

Sort of hoped I would find the result different but l just knew it was not going to be....

... Plus mrs Southee was sick and tired of me stressing out when on holiday !! Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:40 am

Bitterly dissapointed over this loss, as usual the game was there for the taking and we just couldnt finish off the opposition..
South have lost 7 of 8 home games this year and in my opinion have been in a winning position in all of them....led Norwood at 3/4 time, 25 pts in front of West at halftime ,and have lost the last 3 home games by 3,3 and 6 pts respectively.
It comes down to desire and more importantly mental strength.
This has been a diablical season for the Panthers who teased us with such a promising season last year.
Personally I dont think we have the depth in playing personel, our top 8 players are as good as anyone elses, but our bottom 8 are not flash and when the game is in the balance and the pressure is on, our deficiencies are there for all to see.It will be an interesting month at the safc as the season closes, many playing for their careers.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Paul Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:35 pm

Southee wrote:Like R&B said ... You just knew what was going to happen...

Blimey, wish you had told me. With 10 - 15 minutes to go, I thought South (kicking with the breeze) were gonna win by 4 or 5 goals Shocked
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down