Saturday TV

5 posters

Go down

Saturday TV Empty Saturday TV

Post by Lee Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 am

Westies had the bye, so I watched ABC and enjoyed Port and Central.

I can't get used to it being Saturday and there's no AFL game on free-to-air TV.

Weird.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Saturday TV Empty Re: Saturday TV

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:25 pm

I think the AFL clearly demonstrated to all and sundry on Thursday night where its' priorities are. They told the Perth public, "Sorry, we don't care if you are working until 5pm, we expect you somehow to get the kids together and down to the oval by 5.30pm. Then you get home around 10pm, get the kids to bed and have them up in time for school in the morning".

No thought ever given to how the public is incovenienced, it's simply a nice time to showing the game on national TV.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by A Mum Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:28 pm

I don't even think it's a 'nice time' to be showing it on TV.

I have a strong dislike for during the week footy - footy is for weekends IMO !!

But yes said the same thing to my husband on Thursday night - WA people would still be at work when the game starts. Rediculous.

A Mum
A Mum

Teams : Adelaide Crows - South Adelaide
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:23 pm

This weekend has some quite bizarre timing for matches - in particular the two matches covered by Channel 7. First, we had the West Coast v Carlton match start at 5:30pm WST, then the Adelaide v St Kilda clash didn't start until 8:10pm!

I also agree that mid-week football is a terrible idea. Usually end up tuning in and out of mid-week matches because there's other things to do during the week. As A Mum said, footy is for weekends.

Mind you the AFL isn't the only guilty party when it comes to odd sporting times. In the NHL - the Stanley Cup final matches in LA started at around 5:15pm LA time (and yes, that was during the week too)!

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:47 am

USA has a culture of mid-week sports, basketball has so many games they have to schedule mid-week or they'd never get through the program. They've had a TV culture for decades.

The Aussie ethos has always been weekend footy. Maybe in time, if the AFL shove enough mid-week games down our throats, the public will begin to embrace it. Take Friday night footy for example. Most people hated it when it first started up, but most couldn't live without it now.

As for me, I'm so old fashioned that I still think footy should only be played on Saturday afternoons. Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Only 12 Saturday afternoon matches on free to air this year.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down