StrayDog
Captain Centrals
Mongrel Punter
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 Empty Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012

Post by Admin Mon May 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 Northroosterslogo v Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 Centrals_logo

Saturday 19 May 2012, Prospect Oval
Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: Life FM

North were disappointing in their loss to Port Adelaide, while Centrals were back to their dominant best with a big win over Glenelg. Will North notch up a rare win over Centrals, or will the Centrals juggernaut continue?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 Empty Re: Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012

Post by bayman Mon May 14, 2012 9:51 pm

Central to win comfortably
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 Empty Re: Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 14, 2012 10:36 pm

Central by 6-7 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Wed May 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Like last year, North would again be rueing their loss last week to a team that will likely finish in the bottom 2. It was a game that did not reach any heights and was won, not by the team with the greater skill level, but by the team that made the least mistakes when it counted. North were terrible and threw the game away with ill-directed passes and turn-overs. This week they face a revitalised Central who are building up their mid-season steam. After demolishing Glenelg last week, they will be looking to polish their approach and get the juggernaut into full swing. North are fortunate to have Allan available after a ridiculous report that questions the process of reporting players and applying penalties without any sort of hearing unless there is an appeal. He will still generate mid-field options, but will need plenty of help. North's midfield was very ordinary last week and surely can't play that badly again. The forwards didn't fire, and is it time for Boras to have another run in the reserves and bring in Paley who has kicked over 20 goals in his few appearances? Will Blee be sent back to the reserves to gain some confidence and learn the team plan with less riding on his decisions? Will the experience of Backwell and Handby be called upon? This game could be another blowout, but at home, and with a more dedicated effort, it could be a lot closer than people think. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Roosters get up in a shock win, but a wise man has to select the Dogs by about 5-6 goals.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Thu May 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:...while Centrals were back to their dominant best with a big win over Glenelg.
I'm happy for my team to be given credit for their performance, but Glenelg were truly a shambles. Worst opposition I've seen the Dogs play this year.

The Dogs are not back yet and I expect North to be far more competitive.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Captain Centrals wrote:
Admin wrote:...while Centrals were back to their dominant best with a big win over Glenelg.
I'm happy for my team to be given credit for their performance, but Glenelg were truly a shambles. Worst opposition I've seen the Dogs play this year.

The Dogs are not back yet and I expect North to be far more competitive.
Tend to agree.

I guess most sides would be happy to nail 20 goals at home (second time this year). The fact that just two behinds were scored in the last 15 of those probably a fair indication of the lack of pressure Glenelg applied in the main. Glenelg's three goals over three of the quarters (scoreless in the first) completes the picture. No surprises to see a similar cross-the-quarters score-line (and margin) to the Glenelg Oval match on May-Day last year.

Enough on that. I'm expecting Centrals to win at Prospect by three or four goals, but by no means taking North for granted.
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks to club sponsor SEW Eurodrive, below is the link to the Doggies side for the clash against North:

http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2012/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-05-19/9

INTO 23: Scott Dutschke, Luke Habel

OUT: Brad Symes (Crows)

CENTRAL RESERVES:
Josh Wittwer, Josh Waldhuter, Matthew Claughton, Adam Cullen, Caleb Edmead, Ryan Bottin-Noonan, Cooper Stoll, Matthew White, Ashley Fry, Jake Martin, Matthew Prior, Thomas Ryan, Corey Reichert, Damian Hynes, Dylan Orval, James Lawton, Thomas Dunne, Jay Nash, Kyle Jenner, Chad O'Sullivan, Tim Boyd
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 17, 2012 8:04 pm

I've possibly rated North a fraction higher than they've been able to deliver this season. After watching them go down to Port last week, I really can't see them taking it past Central, although Symes is a big out.

Central to win reasonably comfortably in the end.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 pm

North Adelaide to lead at half time, Central to win by around 36 points.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu May 17, 2012 9:22 pm

North Adelaide were Centrals bogey team last year, with a loss at Prospect and two get out of jail wins at Elizabeth. Centrals have been on the improve the past 4 weeks, and as poor as Glenelg were on Saturday night, Centrals were strong with room for improvement.

North, on the other hand, continue their Pakistan cricket team form - you just never know which North Adelaide will turn up, the one that can beat the best teams or the one that will lose to the worst teams.

If the good North turn up, they will be very competitive and may even pinch the win. If the bad North turn up, then Centrals will win by over 10 goals.

I will split the difference and tip Centrals to win by 32 points.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Fri May 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Also, can we get the right logo? Note absence of welding goggles:

Round 9: North v Centrals @ Prospect Oval, Saturday 19 May 2012 7_201202031517
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 pm

The Roosters must be wondering what they have to do to get a fair run from the umpires, when, today, 2 out of the 3 umpires failed to implement the rules fairly and consistently, make appropriate decisions and pay the frees as they should have been paid, and it ultimately cost North the game as it did against South. North probably played their best game for the year in an even team spread, where no Rooster player dominated. The defence stood up well, especially in the last quarter, when Central pressured them, and if not for some inconsistent umpiring could have got over the line. There was barely more than a couple of goals between the 2 teams all day in an entertaining contest marred by the aforesaid umpiring. Both teams were hard at it, with tackling a highlight. The skills that North lacked last week appeared, and apart from some errant kicks and handballs, most hit their mark. Currie played his best game with his hit outs and ground play, Clisby gave drive from defence, Johnston stood up with 5 goals, Miles exerted his influence, and Ivens and Backwell performed well. With that mentality and approach, and a fair run from the men in white, North will win more than they lose over the rest of the year.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm

FULL TIME @ PROSPECT OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Central - 14.7 = 91

North - 13.7 = 85

Doggies win by 6 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - J.Schiller 3, T.Menzel, J.Hannath, P.Thomas 2, J.Vater, R.Williams, J.Hardy, C.Gowans, J.Templeton 1

North - L.Johnston 5, D.Stewart 2, C.Thiele, L.Ryswyk, M.Clisby, M.Clinch, J.Bennett, G.Gallman 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

http://sanfl.championdata.com/matches/17170903/kmh_summary.html

CROWD: TBC

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Central - 27.14 = 176

North - 12.8 = 80

Doggies win by 96 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - J.Wittwer, J.Lawton 5, M.White 4, T.Boyd 3, K.Jenner, A.Cullen 2, C.O'Sullivan, T.Ryan, C.Edmead, T.Dunne, D.Hynes, S.Dutschke 1

North - S.Pollock 3, J.Craig, Z.Makins 2, W.Paley, H.Cumming, N.Amato, P.Boles, C.Coombe 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Had my nephews birthday so thought I wasn't going to see any of the game. A mate then wanted to catch up in town for tea, so I decided to try and catch the last quarter. Only saw the last 10 minutes - where Centrals kicked the last two goals before they desperately held on for the win.

Was well worth the quick pit stop at Prospect on the way to town.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Sun May 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Pipped Again Rolling Eyes
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down