Flag No.10
Adelaide Hawk
bayman
Brucetiki
Big Phil
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG Empty Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG

Post by Big Phil Thu May 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Here is the Panther's line up for their Foxtel Cup clash against Williamstown at the MCG on Saturday morning:

SOUTH ADELAIDE PANTHERS:

FF: A.Moyle - M.Wundke - A.Ainger
HF: K.Miller - B.Casley - C.De Visser
CL: T.Redden - A.Otten - J.Cross
HB: J.Veide - D.Bass - T.Houlihan
FB: M.Sandery - B.Crabb - Ta.Brown

1R: B.Dowdell - N.Murphy (C) - N.Liddle

INT: X.Gotch - N.Daniel - S.Taylor - K.Brooksby

EMERG: D.Hourigan

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG Empty Re: Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG

Post by Brucetiki Thu May 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Unfortunately I think Williamstown will win this one easily

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG Empty Re: Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG

Post by bayman Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Unfortunately I think Williamstown will win this one easily

my sentiments precisely, i'd think all SANFL people would be cheering on South
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 10, 2012 7:13 pm

from www.sportsbet.com.au

Williamstown 1.27
South Adelaide 3.70
Line

Williamstown South Adelaide
Williamstown v South Adelaide -24.5 1.92 +24.5 1.92
Williamstown South Adelaide
Williamstown v South Adelaide -29.5 2.10 +19.5 2.10
Margin

Williamstown 1-39 2.20 South Adelaide 1-39 4.30
Williamstown 40+ 2.70 South Adelaide 40+ 20.00
Draw 67.00
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Any players of note in the Williamstown side?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

They'll have a lot of Footscray players, but they got belted by Port Melbourne last week, who are a good, solid, mature-bodied state league side. South might go all right here.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Yes, I'm just wondering why people think South will get belted. I think they could acquit themselves very well.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 pm

Here is Williamstown's side:

Williamstown
B:Nick Sing, James Mulligan, Michael Stockdale
HB:Cameron Lockwood, Fletcher Roberts, Daniel Pearce
C:Kwame McHarg, Ed Carr, James Wall
HF:Mitchell Wallis, Tom Hill, Dylan Conway
F:Anthony Anastasio, Matthew Panos, Tory Dickson
Foll:Nathan Giles, Clay Smith, Jamie McNamara
I/C:Brodie Moles, Andrew Hooper, Dale Hoghton, Zephaniah Skinner
Emg:Jack Redpath, Alex Greenwood, Lin Jong
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 9:47 pm

I will be very interested to see how Matty Panos goes.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Looked slow to me last week AH.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 pm

He's a classic case of what I hate about the AFL draft. They continue to pluck 17-18 year olds who are nowhere near ready for the AFL life, play them in the VFL for 3 years, then send them home where they begin to improve their footy, and some of these end up getting redrafted a much better player at 22-23.

Nick Lower and Paul Cahill are classic examples. Unless they are a Patrick Dangerfield or Cyril Rioli, leave them where they are and recruit 21 year olds.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Will be attending this match on Saturday. I think South will give a good account of themselves. Two noticable admissions for South are Stribling and Redigolo, apart from injuries I think South are playing almost their best side.
Really looking forward to seeing the grand ol Blue and whites on the MCG for the first time since 1892.
Pleased to see Dowdell get a chance; a crows listed rookie, he is a huge guy and Im sure the Crows are impressed with his progress as a virtual newcomer to the game. he gets his hand to the ball a lot and will bring our small men into the game. Apart from that I think our line up looks very tall, so I hope its fine.
Go Panthers!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri May 11, 2012 1:23 am

Although I normally despise anything sanctioned by the 'un-AFL' ....

..... "SMASH 'EM PANTHERS !!!"
Foxtel Cup - Williamstown v South Adelaide @ MCG 1920501681
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Fri May 11, 2012 4:47 pm

I can't see The Panthers getting within 10 goals.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SOUTHERN STYLE Sat May 12, 2012 12:54 pm

Should of won by alot more if it wasnt for their bad kicking for goal, a few real easy ones missed in the 3rd quarter.
SOUTHERN STYLE
SOUTHERN STYLE

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Sat May 12, 2012 1:56 pm

SOUTHERN STYLE wrote:Should of won by alot more if it wasnt for their bad kicking for goal, a few real easy ones missed in the 3rd quarter.
Has it generally been a problem for South this year?

Official write up of the match at:-
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/17333/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7909&tab=Recap

FWIW, on an official tournament dedicated (and presumably promotional) page, a photo illustrating the sides actually playing would've been a nice touch.
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by SOUTHERN STYLE Sat May 12, 2012 3:26 pm

StrayDog wrote:
SOUTHERN STYLE wrote:Should of won by alot more if it wasnt for their bad kicking for goal, a few real easy ones missed in the 3rd quarter.
Has it generally been a problem for South this year?

Official write up of the match at:-
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/17333/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7909&tab=Recap

FWIW, on an official tournament dedicated (and presumably promotional) page, a photo illustrating the sides actually playing would've been a nice touch.

No not at all, far from it actually. have kicked 97-66 this yr not including todays game. Last week against the Eagles they were missing early in the game which let eagles get out to a good lead and could never catch up. only other time it has been a problem this year was in round 1 when they kicked 5-13.
SOUTHERN STYLE
SOUTHERN STYLE

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Sat May 12, 2012 5:18 pm

^ Thanks for that SS. Smile
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Mongrel Punter wrote:I can't see The Panthers getting within 10 goals.

Wink

Well done South...very proud of the lads.

Also happy it looks like we will be back at the MCG in June....so I cant wait to be there for that one Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Very much enjoyed watching this game today!

What I felt was interesting was the three players I gave best too, Andrew Ainger which was no surprise, what was a worry however is the commentators seemed to really rate him as a player, I suspect that he has likely got the attention of some of the AFL recruiters if he has not already and I doubt if we will have him next season.

Ben Casley played a very good game, - yet this lad has been stuck in the Reserves at South since coming to the club, if he can replicate that form in the SANFL we may well have bagged another decent recruit.

Nathan Daniel keeps taking his game to the next level as he goes on and played very well today.

Ky Miller, lad that has only recently debuted for South from the Reserves was another that played a very good game and made a very strong case for selection also into the league side.

For where South are at and for where Ron is developing the list, the road trip and a win on the MCG over a side that all the bookies rated can only be a good thing IMO. Think the club has done very well to make the Foxtel Cup Competition work well for the club despite the various criticisms of it from areas of the public.

Congratulations also to the club and to the Southern Man Made program where South flew a number of disadvantaged fatherless lads across to see the game. These kids are buddied up with SAFC players and the club is making a massive impact in the local community with it, Foxtel devoted time to discuss this programe and to congratulate the club over it which was great to see!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Southee wrote:Also happy it looks like we will be back at the MCG in June....so I cant wait to be there for that one

Any idea who they will be playing?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:
Southee wrote:Also happy it looks like we will be back at the MCG in June....so I cant wait to be there for that one

Any idea who they will be playing?

Will be the winner of the NT Thunder v Port Melbourne match next week. On paper, it should be Port Melbourne but up in Darwin NT aren't without a chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Port Melbourne are playing some very good footy at present coached by Gary Ayres, they won the flag last season and just lost the GF the season before, Port Melbourne do not have any AFL listed players in their team as they are affiliated to no one in the AFL.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Ben W wrote:Port Melbourne are playing some very good footy at present coached by Gary Ayres, they won the flag last season and just lost the GF the season before, Port Melbourne do not have any AFL listed players in their team as they are affiliated to no one in the AFL.

Port Melbourne are also on a 26 game (or something like that) winning streak - their last loss was way back in the finals of 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next