Sabre
Brucetiki
Captain Centrals
Adelaide Hawk
howthewestwaswon
Flag No.10
11 posters

Go down

Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30 Empty Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30

Post by Flag No.10 Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 pm

The inevitable delayed climb up the ladder by the Dogs looks to have started. The Bays have had a terrific start but a loss here puts them at 4 and 3 which would seem a slightly ordinary return after such a promising start. You'd think Glenelg's youth would leave them vulnerable to fading in the last third of the season, so early-season wins are going to be critical. Centrals seem to have got their act together but Laird is, publicly at least, less convinced than some of us that they're over their hump. It's hard to see them dropping one at home under lights though. Collier v Kirkby could be a pivotal match-up.

Last edited by Flag No.9 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30 Empty Re: Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Central to win by 31 points.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30 Empty Re: Centrals v Glenelg, Sat May 12, Playford Alive, 6.30

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Central by 4 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Glenelg hadn't played anyone until last week.

By Saturday afternoon, Glenelg will be 5th on the table.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Centrals are on the rise after a slow start, while Glenelg are on the slide after a fast start.

Centrals completely and utterly owned Glenelg in their two matches last year. It was a 75 point win at Glenelg with a string of injuries, and a 92 point demolition in the return clash at Elizabeth. Glenelg have a shocking record at Elizabeth, with just the one win there since 1992 - and many bad losses.

All that aside, I expect Centrals to have a comfortable win under the Playford Alive Oval lights.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Wed May 09, 2012 12:56 am

Glenelg
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 am

Sabre wrote:Glenelg

By how much and why Sabre?

I think if it is wet, it will be closer than first thought, otherwise the Dogs pretty comfortably for mine, by about 5 goals...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Sure ‘Phil’, the Dogs might put a real good one together and cream the Tigers. Who knows? If ever I don’t go into details it’s either because it’s too hard to pick, too many variables, unknown player availability or I’m just too friggin' lazy !
Laughing
I just have a hunch that my mob hurt Glenelg last week by winning well in all 4 grades and I’ve picked them to win based on sheer club pride. Nothing more, nothing less. Look on the bright side mate, my predictions are usually the kiss of death.
So your Dogs are 'odds on' now.
Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawb Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 pm

Centrals by plenty
Strawb
Strawb

Teams : Geelong/ Williamstown.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Wed May 09, 2012 9:18 pm

history & logic say Central, i feel Glenelgs' best chance will be leg speed however our skill level compared to last week will have to improve dramatically, thankfully the game will be finished early enough to get to Globe Derby for 'The Monte' race (trotters being ridden) as from the trials i think i've got one that'll be big odds & if successful i'll have a 'drop of gin'
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Thu May 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Centrals by 22 points.
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 10, 2012 5:46 pm

Here is the Tigers team, with an interesting player named in their Reserves side?

GLENELG - LEAGUE:

FF: T.Holmes - L.Button - J.Trembath
HF: L.Hender - R.Kirkby - B.Reid
CL: J.Davenport - S.Salopek - K.Tenace
HB: S.Rudolph - S.Shaw - C.Pitt
FB: R.Milne - C.Curran - B.Mules

1R: W.McGinty - A.Bradley - B.Agnew

INT: (from) S.Snook - M.Proud - M.Snook - A.Lally - D.Kirk

INTO 23: L.Button - B.Reid - S.Shaw

OUT: T.Lynch (Crows)

GLENELG - RESERVES:

From: J.Carger, J.Hinge, C.Diment, J.Wilson, R.McFarlane, C.Nicholson, A.Perryman, T.Edwards, J.Weir, N.Cane, J.Giddings, H.Gill, S.O'Shaugnessy, J.McMahon, B.McIntyre, T.McIntyre, J.Newton, S.Spriggs, T.Grima
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks to Central's club sponsor SEW Eurodrive, below is the link to the side for the clash against the Bays:

http://www.cdfc.com.au/season-2012/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-05-12/8

INTO 23: Scott Dutschke, Luke Habel

OUT: Brad Symes

RESERVES:Ryan Bottin-Noonan, Caleb Edmead, Josh Waldhuter, Tim Boyd, Chad O'Sullivan, Kyle Jenner, Jay Nash, Thomas Dunne, James Lawton, Dylan Orval, Damian Hynes, Corey Reichert, Matthew Prior, Sam Colquhoun, Jake Martin, Travis Schiller, Ashley Fry, Matthew White, Adam Cullen, Matthew Claughton & Josh Wittwer
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 10, 2012 6:17 pm

What's wrong with Ty Allen? He pulled out of last week's match and he's still out.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:What's wrong with Ty Allen? He pulled out of last week's match and he's still out.

sorry AH i don't know, i've read 'back' this week, i was told 'shoulder' last friday night so who knows, i just wonder whether the heavy clash he took against Sturt has taken its toll against him.....the clash quite legal had Ty running from centre half back & the Sturt playing running from the goal square & the ball basically in the middle of them, both sprinted & clashed heavily as they got to the ball, so whether that has something to do with it or not i don't know but it could as it was a very heavy & FAIR clash
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 12, 2012 10:29 pm

A 75 point win over Glenelg - and Centrals didn't even play 4 solid quarters of football. The first half was all Centrals as they did what they please. They jumped right out of the blocks with 3 early goals, and an opening quarter of 5.5 to donuts. Centrals continued on their merry way in the second quarter, with 7 goals to 2 as they set up a commanding 63 point lead at half time, as Glenelg looked completely spooked at times, resulting in quite a few turnovers.

Centrals took their foot off the pedal in the third quarter and Glenelg outscored them, with the lead reduced to 50 points at three quarter time. Normal service resumed in the last quarter though, and Centrals recorded a big 75 point win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun May 13, 2012 7:45 am

waddayamean wrote:How was Salopek tonight ?

Minimal impact for Sal with just 11 dispoals during the contest...

Last edited by Big Phil on Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down