Millsy
Adelaide Hawk
bayman
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Ben W
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Primus and Sanderson call for Reserves teams - Page 2 Empty Re: Primus and Sanderson call for Reserves teams

Post by Captain Centrals Wed May 02, 2012 3:37 pm

Yeah it can't happen. I can't imagine any of the SANFL clubs accepting this and selling all of us out.

Hang on a sec. What happened to the U17's, U19's?

Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Primus and Sanderson call for Reserves teams - Page 2 Empty Re: Primus and Sanderson call for Reserves teams

Post by bayman Wed May 02, 2012 6:40 pm

1990 ring a bell for anyone ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed May 02, 2012 7:24 pm

waddayamean wrote:Not ALL clubs voted for the scrapping of the 17s 19s remember .

Ywp, I just get the feeling if the AFL wants it, the AFL gets it. The welfare of grass roots footy is a very low priority. They get their players from rugby these days.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

waddayamean wrote:Not ALL clubs voted for the scrapping of the 17s 19s remember .
That's exactly my point. It didn't need to be unanimous.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am

It seems that most journos in the paper are agitating this topic, players are being asked during press conferences what they think and then their answers are twisted into a statement/stance whereas it's actually the journo pushing the point not the player. The Gucci has been the main agressor Shocked using Sturt's handball over use as a case in point (Sturt don't want to be doing this and is not part of their gameplan). He quotes stats of certain Crows players playing at Sturt but only the ones that have a high handball to kick ratio, not the ones that have a VERY high kick to handball ratio, it's really is the worst attempt at journalism, even for him.....he's better off working for a political party spinning numbers like that.

In the end, I think there's only a few ways to get our point across to Adelaide & Port.
1- Writing letters & emails to the SANFL, your SANFL club, AFC & PAFC telling them that in no way whatsoever will you be supporting this move and if it was to occur that you will stop your support (if any) for either AFL club and or for the SANFL comp and your SANFL team.
2- Start a petition to send to the SANFL, AFC, PAFC.
3- Organize a march......if that fails RIOT! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt
My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 am

cutterman wrote:
In the end, I think there's only a few ways to get our point across to Adelaide & Port.
1- Writing letters & emails to the SANFL, your SANFL club, AFC & PAFC telling them that in no way whatsoever will you be supporting this move and if it was to occur that you will stop your support (if any) for either AFL club and or for the SANFL comp and your SANFL team.
2- Start a petition to send to the SANFL, AFC, PAFC.
3- Organize a march......if that fails RIOT! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I've said several times on various forums that the day the Adelaide Football Club enter a reserves team in the SANFL is the day my support for the club ends. My stance has not changed on this.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 pm

I reckon it's all just a media led beat up.

The AFL will generate enough income within 5 - 10 years to support it's own reserves competition IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu May 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I've said several times on various forums that the day the Adelaide Football Club enter a reserves team in the SANFL is the day my support for the club ends. My stance has not changed on this.

I feel the same way. My club has taken many setbacks since the Crows came into being in 1991, I think this would just about kill us off for good.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Thu May 03, 2012 3:32 pm

The SANFL, WAFL and probably the people of Tasmania have by far given up the most for the advent of the AFL and continue to be manipulated to give up more and more. The Victorian football community have got off pretty well unchanged apart from Fitzroy supporters and ground rationalization.....oh, and the corporate dollar.
cutterman
cutterman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm

as i posted on snouts the other day, if it ever happened that day would be the first day of me not going to the footy....you could say it would be ''the last straw''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mypaspectiv Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 pm

Everyone is kidding themselves. A decision to field reserves teams in the SANFL is out of the question at the moment regardless of the media hype lately driven by Mr Rucci.

If the AFL decide to fund a "stand alone" reserves competion sometime in the future this could be the only possible outcome because to comprimise the SANFL & WAFL competitions with teams that have no intent on wanting of winning a premiership, but purely to develop their players would be untennable.

Let's face it, after the first 8 to 10 AFL players left out of their (Crows & Port) best 22 several of the others, including rookies, are either in the bottom group of their designated SANFL clubs or even unfortunately in their reserves. How would things have been last year when the Crows were ravaged by injury, they were struggling to field a strong 22 at times.

Surely the questions continue to rise.
How would both the SA AFL sides fund it?
Where will they get their top up players from unless the AFL increase the lists considerably? (the AFL have been wanting to reduce the size of lists, not increase them)
Will they contribute the same amount of money and resources into junior development within SA that the 9 SANFL clubs do? (after all this is where many of their players eventually come from)

The League Directors of each SANFL club & the Community Football board (who are mainly the Presidents & have the final say as to the composition of the SANFL comp) would have to vote for this to happen and I have been informed that there is not one in favour of the concept at the moment. Most impotantly I don't think the SANFL Commission are in favour either as they see a huge downside.

Furthermore, he SANFL (owners of the 2 licences) can't consider one SA AFL club without the other so why would Port be permitted to even consider this until they pay back the millions of dollars they owe the SANFL, which is the 9 clubs.

I heard a caller on 5AA Saturday morning (May 6) say that money is not the issue, well think again buddy. The Crows are not finding things all that great at the moment with a considerable financial loss in 2011 & their 2012 membership down plus Port continue to struggle as usual. Port are forecasting another considerable loss again in 2012 even though it will be an improvement on the past few years. However if they continue to lose games watch their numbers drop dramtically again. Their fickle faithful will drop off as quickly as a stone off the harbour bridge.

Perhaps if there is a change of ownership with the 2 SA AFL licences sometime in the future (which is a possibility) both clubs can then make whatever decisions they like, except joining the SANFL competition.

Until then the subject should be put to bed as we are all wasting time talking about it. IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN Mr RUCCI SO STOP DRIVING IT!!!!!!!!
mypaspectiv
mypaspectiv

Back to top Go down

Post by 85 Was A good Year Sun May 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Was interested to hear Rucci on 5AA Sat morning show yesterday saying he didn't think the Reserves teams should be in the SANFL comp, but should go into VFL comp or another one outside.

One reason mentioned was he didn't think it would be in the best interest for the AFL Reserves team to have the SANFL supporters from our clubs barracking against them every week.
85 Was A good Year
85 Was A good Year

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon May 07, 2012 7:43 pm

bayman wrote:as i posted on snouts the other day, if it ever happened that day would be the first day of me not going to the footy....you could say it would be ''the last straw''

By my count that is four of us that support 4 different clubs that feel the same way in respect to supporting a compromised competition.

I think the thing we value the most is the SANFL competition itself.
What is has stood for, its traditions and history.
But above all else, its integrity, which provides that 9 clubs have essentially the same chance at the premiership.

If we are dealt afl reserves teams, that integrity will most certainly be gone.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon May 07, 2012 8:16 pm

bayman wrote:as i posted on snouts the other day, if it ever happened that day would be the first day of me not going to the footy....you could say it would be ''the last straw''

Yep... That would be it for me.

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 pm

The other thing about Crows and Power running reserves teams in the SANFL would be they would be expected to play the curtain raiser to the AFL, and I wouldn't be in favour of that at all.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Sat May 12, 2012 10:25 am

There are so many complications with two AFL teams playing in the SANFL it's not funny. Let's say for arguments sake that it does happen. Here's a few questions-
Do they play for premiership points?
Most that are pushing this issue are suggesting that they don't. If this were to be the case we would then have Port Magpies never able to win another SANFL flag. This would create a HUGE divide with all Port supporters and give them more reasons to point the blame finger at the SANFL when things go sour.

That Port or Adelaide recruit players developed or recruited by SANFL clubs and then have those same players play against the very clubs that developed/recruited them would create a huge divide amongst SANFL/AFL supporters. This, at a time when the PAFC need as many new supporters as possible would be detrimental to their future.

If the AFL funded an AFL reserves comp (or if the 2 SA AFL teams played their reserves in the VFL) would Port still have an SANFL team? Are Port supporters willing to give this up in order to be in the big league that they felt so strongly about back in 1990?

This whole issue spells so much trouble for the PAFC.
cutterman
cutterman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

The AFL have the money to run their own reserves comp.

They need to stop Demetriou and Co continuously adding to their already enormously fat wallets...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2