Under 18's

5 posters

Go down

Under 18's Empty Under 18's

Post by Lee Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm

I watched the Under 18's game, West v Sturt last Sunday.

West trailed 3 goals to 6 and then kicked something like 13 of the next 14 goals.

A really entertaing game.

Do any other posters attend Under 18's at all?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Under 18's Empty Re: Under 18's

Post by Big Phil Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:01 pm

I've only been to about 4 or 5 games over the last couple of seasons, when my nephew has been playing for Central and they don't have a game that clashes with the League side or other committments.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:59 pm

redandblack wrote:Do any other posters attend Under 18's at all?
I like to get to as many games as possible R&B. I’ve only caught the odd one in past years due to family commitments, but this year I’ve managed to catch a few more. It’s been quite entertaining to watch these U16 and U18 lads developing. The league skills they emulate can be very sophisticated. The boys who’s bodies have matured early often show an advantage, but even some of the smaller less developed players show the skills and determination that promises great future careers once they fill out a bit, finish growing and become more confident.

Something I’ve noticed (on average) between U16 and U18 level is the difference in distances attained when kicking and handballing.
Of course this is to be expected given the slight disparity in muscle and body mass. There are notable exceptions depending on individual physical maturity, but if I were to hazzard a guess on average kicking distances (with accuracy) between all grades, I guess it would be something roughly like 5metres extra as a player progresses upwards.
i.e. U16-45m, U18-50m, Reserves-55m and League-60m in match conditions.

There’s a solid young U16 chap at Norwood who has been playing U18’s and according to those ‘in-the-know’, will probably find himself playing some reserve grade games this year if he continues to shine. I don’t want to put ‘the mozz’ on him by naming the kid, but it’s a real joy to watch these future stars learning their craft and then bursting on stage as a complete player with the world at their feet. When they get to the top, it’s a great thrill to remember all the steps a young bloke took to get there. No wonder so many people enjoy coaching. To have had a meaningful hand in a young person’s sporting development must be exceptionally gratifying. It’s great fun just for a supporter.

I recommend everyone get out there and check out the kids at your club whenever you can.
With plenty of encouragement and applause from the sidelines you’ll be stunned by some of the spectacular feats on display.
Very Happy
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:45 am

Would be great if the U18 side was playing when the league side has a bye
BUT that would be a scheduling nightmare.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Try to get most games as possible but havent been to one this year due to fact i havent had a car for a few weeks
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum