+2
saintal
Thiele
6 posters

Go down

Sturt v South Empty Sturt v South

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm

STURT
Sturt is poised to unleash an athletic youngster against South on Saturday.
Utility Mihail Lochowiak (19, 186cm and 86kg) has been included in the Double Blues 23-man squad after booting five goals for the Reserves on Good Friday.
A member of last year’s victorious SA U18 team, Lochowiak has been named on a five-man extended interchange bench with fellow inclusion Daniel Fahey-Sparks.
2018 P.T Morton Medallist Tom Harms returns to the half-back flank in a boost to Sturt’s defensive unit.
Tall utility Henry Voigt has been sent back to the Reserves.
League
F: J. Hone, Sutcliffe, Greenslade
HF: M. Evans, Munn, Sumner
C: Slimming, Colquhoun, Crocker
HB: Harms, Stephens, Pearce
B: F. Evans, Coomblas, Carey

R: Patullo, Kirkwood, Riley
INT: Dodd, Lochowiak, Condon, Battersby, Fahey-Sparks
IN: Lochowiak, Fahey-Sparks, Harms
OUT: Voigt
Reserves
T. Hone, Armiento, Samblich, Penfold, Laycock, Wildman, Clifford, Stuart, Illman, Wills, Voigt, Allan, Mitchell, Richards, Thornton, Voss, Grieve, Edmonds, Thiele, Wallace.
SOUTH
South Adelaide will blood two local products in its match against Sturt on Sunday.
Morphett Vale’s Lee Hoey (25, 179cm and 80kg) and Pooraka’s Brett Kennedy (20, 181cm and 73kg) have both been named in the Panthers’ starting 18.
Kennedy will start in the forward pocket while Hoey will be at the other end in the back pocket while Ben Heaslip and Jaidan Kappler have also been recalled to the 23-man squad.
Impressive goal sneak Darnell Tucker is unavailable due to the SA AFL Academy camp while Kyle Emery was relegated to the Reserves.
League
F: Kennedy, Overall, Whittelsea
HF: Fitt, Cailotto, Karpany
C: Irra, Cross, Noble
HB: Haines, Summerton, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Hoey

R: Knoll, Davis, Liddle
INT: Haren, Heaslip, Kappler, Sampson, McKinnon
IN: Hoey, Kennedy, Heaslip, Kappler
OUT: Tucker (SA U18 AFL Academy), Emery
Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beeche, Beenham, Coleman, Colwell, Elmes, Emery, Fairlie, Grimley, Hall, Juckers, Lovering, Manuel, McGree, Mills, Milsom, Snelling, Whitbread,
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Sturt v South Empty Re: Sturt v South

Post by saintal Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:08 am

Disappointing from South, at times diabolical in the second half. Undisciplined, poor skills, intent on indirect chipping around half back (and ultimately mucking it up) and lacked intensity around the ball.

Scoreboard was flattering, with South kicking the last four goals in junk time. Plenty of niggle, with Slimming reported for striking Cross in the first term, with the duel continuing through the day. Slimming took the honours.

Just two named in the best players by the club- Rose and Liddle.
saintal
saintal

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Very poor performance from South. Huge game v West this week, need to get the win.
Slimming found guillty of striking Cross in the first quarter- $200 fine ffs!- then continued with the same behavior for the rest of the match. So far this year, in 5 rounds 2 players from 2 different clubs have been charged and found guilty of striking Cross. Also Cross has been found guilty of striking and fined. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to work out there is a trend developing here ;although imo its been going on for a couple of seasons now.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:30 pm

Slimming is a toothpick and it bemuses me how he antagonises his opponents.Your lightest player is generally not your "strongman".

One day someone much bigger is going to knock him into next century.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:01 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Slimming is a toothpick and it bemuses me how he antagonises his opponents.Your lightest player is generally not your "strongman".

One can only hope Razz
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Wed May 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Slimming is a toothpick and it bemuses me how he antagonises his opponents.Your lightest player is generally not your "strongman".

One can only hope Razz

Well....Mitch Grigg did try .....and now I know why !!!

Slimming goes beyond anything I have seen in the last 25 years.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down