Scrappy
firstblood
Lee
oldfella
bayman
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Conditions attached to future funding

Maybe no forward payment on footy park or other funding

Set aside salary cap penalties for voting right

Let your mind run free
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

West Adelaide 2019...all discussions  - Page 2 Empty Re: West Adelaide 2019...all discussions

Post by bayman Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 pm

Hang on, haven’t we all been told that “the clubs own footy park” ? (Which should still be the home of football)
So how can that be taken away?

It seems almost every year something happens or is mentioned to happen that wants to dilute a good product that has well over 100 years of history behind it

I get more & more disillusioned & while I never ever thought I would, I can see the breaking point coming up quickly & I’ll end up just giving it away
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 pm

That’s a great post Bayman (in terms of reality, scary in terms of what might happen because I have the exact same fears).
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:49 pm

bayman wrote:Hang on, haven’t we all been told that “the clubs own footy park” ? (Which should still be the home of football)
So how can that be taken away?

Sorry mate my poor writing skills have caused you concern

When i said footy park i was talking about the surrounding land that has been sold for housing development and money generated from that sale

Footy park oval is still there for many years as the crows have a lease/agree for them to use it and thier co-located headquarter.

However, were the crows to actually do what is being reported in the Advertiser and relocate at some time then in that instance i could see the oval being sold --- think crow move in near future unlikely due to very gound rent arrangement granted to them by SANFL

Sorry again mate
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Ok, but regardless of that I still have the same fears etc
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Bayman,

Your comment reference the clubs (8 original clubs) own Football Park has niggled at me all night as i think that two.

I also can remember that the SANFL board manages the Football Park grounds and facilities on behalf of these 8 clubs. This would include the SANFL managing the sale of surplus property as is now happenning.

Given this too me then all profits from said sales should be going to the 8 clubs with the SANFL keeping an agreed amount by the 8 clubs for funding of the overall game of football in South Australia.

However it seems that  this is happenning in reverse with the SANFL Is holding the money and they are determining how much they keep and how much is distribute to the clubs and also the SANFL is attaching conditions to the distribution of said club money.

Specificcally not suggesting any ilegality by the SANFL in any way as there probably is some agreement however is interesting to ponder.

Taking into consideration that the reasons for the clubs originally agreeing to increased powers to the SANFL have now dimished --- no longer own or responsible for crows or power, Football Park is significantly being wound down and when the Crows leave will be shut down and sold for example ---- perhaps it is time for the 8 clubs to take back control of the SANFL and ensure that it works for the BENEFITS of the 8 clubs rather than the betterment of the SANFL and the AFL interests.

The clubs have the power to do this if they work together LOL
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:25 pm

To be brutally honest I have no faith or trust in the SANFL & haven’t had since Max & Leigh retired
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Totally agree i think you are spot on
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Not so much Leigh, but Max absolutely
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Off field Changes on the go ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Bayman, the off field changes specifically board being predominately appointed not member elected (5) with only 2 member appointed were approved by the members and announced imediately after the special members meeting so it is no secret.

What will come out in the next week or so is who the appoint not elected board members will be.

I expect that the two old board members who drove this for the SANFL will be rewarded for thier efforts by being appointed to the new board.

As i said a while ago, (with the exception of Sturt) members of the other 6 clubs should be asking questions at thier own clubs as i believe you are on the SANFL list as well.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:44 am

I didn’t say it was a secret, I just asked if changes off field have occurred....without naming people I believe a couple of heads have rolled in recent times which to me is a shock & a big shock at that, even though the “restructuring” was already in place
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:51 am

Could someone please explain why the President has been apparently sacked and what reasons have been given for that?

Oldfella,
I am not sure what you mean by the statement "with the exception of Sturt etc". What is going on with the other clubs? Are they too looking at an appointed board model?

I still don't really have a good grasp as to why this was promoted by West Adelaide to their members and the benefits it is supposed to bring. We West in a parlous state to warrant going down this path?

Very confusing.

Are we headed for 8 clubs being effectively run out of one office with the only difference being their playing colours? If that is the case it is just about like saying the current Port Magpies are the same as the club that played under Fos Williams and Jack Cahill.

If this is the way the SANFL wants to run local footy here, then I'm done.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 am

Just to advise that I posted this on Facebook last night.

Devastated. Just been advised by phone that I have been sacked as West Adelaide Football Club President. Corporatisation seems to be the way they want the club to go.

I’ve had so much support in response and I very much thank those who have expressed that support.

Whether people have agreed with what I have achieved as President or not, I am sure everyone will accept that I have always had the best interests of the Club at heart at all times and I will miss those people who have always supported me.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 am

Well done Lee on everything you have given to your club .. Disappointing they felt the need to go this way, and disgraceful the way they've gone about it. Unfathomable that a long term life member that's given so much could be treated this way.

Chambo your post mirrors my thoughts and is yet another scary prospect that looms on the horizon for SANFL fans - There's always something isn't there? Makes you wonder how long the remaining few diehards can continue to roll with the punches having done so for such a long time now.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:58 am

Reguardless of right or wrong the members voted for the change to a predominately non elected board and the existing board agreed to stand down at the time of the AGM to allow this to occur.

In line with this the club called for expressions of interest from those who wished to be considered for appointment to the board and now is in the process of advising those who were unsuccessfull in line with normal business practice.

What i find absolutely disgracefull is that a club Life Member and a 40 year volunteer of the club was advised via a telephone call rather than being advised in a more appropriate manner. But given that the person making the phone call is more of an SANFL man than a westies man then its not surprising.

I belive that it will shortly be announced that the club will have its third profit in a row with a significan reduction in overall club debt so hard to suggest Lee and the outgoing board was unsuccessfull.

Lee, as a life member i am embarressed in how you were treated and as such at this time i will be withdrawing from contact with westies
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:00 am

BAYMAN,
i unreservably apologise to you my clinical depression is out of control over this and i posted in haste while very angry.
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Very disappointing move by the sanfl to tap a club president on the shoulder. The fact the message was delivered by a phone call is disgusting as well. As Ive mentioned in earlier posts the sanfl is attempting to micro manage every sanfl club, the fact that its picking on those doing it tough atm is just the beginning. What a disgrace.
A certain sanfl official would be better spending his energies in policing the rampant rorting of country clubs salary caps instead of putting the skids under club presidents.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:42 pm

I as usual had missed all this going on .
Lee to me you’ve been a great westies man it is not right.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Lee, I think it’s fair to say we’re all feeling for you, I suppose you’ll go down as the last of the real presidents
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:40 pm

When coaches or players mess up or do not perform, invariably management imposes fines, suspensions or dismissals. Other decisions a club takes can also rankle members and supporters. Quite often they feel a bit aggrieved by these outcomes and wonder what is going on.

However, under the mantle of "the club is bigger than the individual" they usually come around, even if it takes a while, because they know what the club represents and its traditions over many years.

How a club treats people within it in terms of respect and dignity goes toward that fabric and culture that draws supporters to it in the first place.

If you approach the people who give their time freely without respect and most particularly long serving members rewarded with life membership, then you erode the very essence of the club.

This is different to coaches coming and going, and the sort of thing that can cause massive fallout,disillusionment and instability. I just hope that all West people can see their way through this mire.

And that Lee can know the regard that football people have for him.

Maybe the current incumbents are not football people?

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:52 am

"Lee, I think it’s fair to say we’re all feeling for you, I suppose you’ll go down as the last of the real presidents"

After 12 years, Kurt Slaven was re-elected for another term at the Eagles on Monday night
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:16 pm

I wouldn’t ask Lee out of respect & I’d also expect him not to answer this so for those “in the know” what is the full story & who actually did this etc ?

I have heard that a major sponsor instigated this but I find that hard to fathom or believe
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Sanfl driven initiative

For full background read discussion in bloodntars
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:13 pm

I could have a bit to say on this, bayman, but I have an investment in decent, hard working, loyal, honest Club People, so I'll have to pick my time. Hope you understand.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next