Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval

4 posters

Go down

Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:14 pm

Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval 2Q== v Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval 761327_1_S
Sunday 19 August
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 10:30am
League: 1:10pm

Port's prison bars are timeless, while Centrals have their iconic 80's racing stripes strip, that are currently under auction for Novita.  Who will win this week?

Brucetiki
Brucetiki

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Centrals jumped out to a 5 goal quarter time lead, and held off a couple of Port challenges to get the win in their retro guernseys.

For some reason the umps changed back to their normal uniforms at half time. Wasn't an issue in the 1980's Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 18: Port v Centrals - Sunday 19 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Good win by Centrals.

Not the send off from Alberton that Summerton deserved.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Centrals jumped out to a 5 goal quarter time lead, and held off a couple of Port challenges to get the win in their retro guernseys.

For some reason the umps changed back to their normal uniforms at half time.  Wasn't an issue in the 1980's Very Happy

In the 1980s the umpires didn't wear black shorts.

I have never before seen umpires in black shorts. Don't know what that had to do with Retro round.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:05 pm

CD were wearing a whitish retro uniform
It seemed to clash with the umpires being in white attire
Perhaps the umps and CD looked too similar, that being why the change occurred
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Scrappy wrote:CD were wearing a whitish retro uniform
It seemed to clash with the umpires being in white attire
Perhaps the umps and CD looked too similar, that being why the change occurred

I thought the clash was more with Port. Both Port and the umpires had black shorts and black socks. I still don't understand the umpires in black shorts. Never seen it before.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:32 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:Centrals jumped out to a 5 goal quarter time lead, and held off a couple of Port challenges to get the win in their retro guernseys.

For some reason the umps changed back to their normal uniforms at half time.  Wasn't an issue in the 1980's Very Happy

In the 1980s the umpires didn't wear black shorts.

I have never before seen umpires in black shorts. Don't know what that had to do with Retro round.

The umpire uniforms for Retro Round were so half baked. First, the black shorts - I thought they may have been from yesteryear (I always thought they had white shorts), but also the plain white polos rather than the SANFL logo on the shoulders (as was the style in the 80’s/90’s) and only using them for the TV games just made it look even more half arsed.

If one was to be pedantic, the goal umpires had shorter jackets in the 80’s/90’s (only went down to the waist rather than the knees), though it looked like the goal umpires had fun with the retro look.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Also a little controversy with the online auction for the Centrals tops. Novita used a site that required the auction to be manually ended at their end at 6:00pm, yet forgot to end the auction so a couple of people got outbid after the cut off time. I believe Novita didn’t honour the late bids and those that lead at 6:00 still won their guernseys in the end, but I don’t get why Novita didn’t just use eBay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down