Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium

+2
Thiele
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:02 pm

Glenelg v West
Sunday 29 July
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Two sides outside of the 5 face off in this Sunday afternoon encounter at the bay. Who will win this one?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Can any Glenelg posters tell us if Terry Milera is injured? Doesn't seem to have played for a few weeks and isn't on the SANFL injury list.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: Glenelg v West - Sunday 29 July @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Big Phil Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Can any Glenelg posters tell us if Terry Milera is injured? Doesn't seem to have played for a few weeks and isn't on the SANFL injury list.
I know Terry missed 1 or 2 games due to personal reasons...

Then I think he was injured.

He played 2's against his former club last weekend, kicking 4 goals.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:53 pm

I think it was personal issues. Word is that he will play this week.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 pm

West will be without a first-choice defender for its game against Glenelg on Sunday.

Needing a win to stay in the race for the top five, the Bloods will miss the presence of reliable backman Jake Wilson, who is out with an ankle injury.

His role has been filled by Brett Turner on paper, but whether Turner lines up at full back where he has been named remains in question.

Forgotten ruckman Daniel Webb and key defender Josh Ryan have also been added to the Bloods’ 23-man squad.

F: Green, Bates, Karpany

HF: Anderson, Middleton, Beech

C: Batley, Stevens, Noble

HB: Rankine, Burgess, Hill

B: Agostino, B. Turner, J. Evans

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller

INT: Porplyzia, Wasley-Black, J. Ryan, Laube, Webb

IN: Webb, J. Ryan, B. Turner

OUT: Wilson (ankle)

Reserves
Hupfeld, Waite, Haysman, Pillion, Peter, McPherson, L. Ryan, Kirk, Eastman, Heitmann, L. Evans, I. Johnson, Dunkin, Majok, O. Johnson, G. Turner, Osborn, Halkias, Fairlie, Jaensch, Lynch.

Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Haysman, Gilbert, Earl, Groom, Milde, Stakic, Morelli, Boylan, Rana, Thilthorpe, Georgiadis, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Tuckwell, Kent, Chamberlain, Tierney, Sinderberry, Henty-Smith, Kennedy, Wulff.

Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:41 pm

League

Glenelg has included a leadership group member as it prepares to host West on Sunday.

Former Carlton defender Aaron Joseph has served his three-match ban for engaging in rough conduct with Eagle Ethan Haylock in Round 12 to be named at half-back.

He has been joined in the 23-man squad by forward Terry Milera, who has been named on a five-man extended interchange bench.

F: Reynolds, Scott, Snook

HF: Hosie, McCarthy, Motlop

C: Slade, Sawford, Scharenberg

HB: Joseph, Uebergang, Nicholson

B: Curran, Proud, Chalmers

R: White, Bradley, Bailey

INT: Schott, Hawkins, Woolard, T. Milera, Koster

IN: T. Milera, Joseph

Reserves
Betterman, H. Boyle, Carmody, Clark, Close, Cox, Davidson, I. Milera, Kerrish, Mackenzie, Martini, Noble, Papatolis, Potter, Robinson, Sullivan, Vea Vea, Walker, Yates.

Under-18
F: Horsnell, Josh Slade, McManus
HF: Dean, W. Schreiber, Corso
C: Park, Currie, Pedlar
HB: Potter, S. Schreiber, McDermott
B: Viska, Dowdell, Holyoak

R: T. Jones, Edwards, Lovelock
INT: Armfield, Beaumont, Jake Slade, Lucas Di Sotto, Strange, Strickland, Oxlade
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Milera is a walk up start but personally I would leave Joseph in the magoos.

The defence lead by Proud, Curran and Bradley and young Uebergang have done really well as a unit for the last few of weeks. I would leave them unchanged.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:30 pm

I think the Bays will get us in this one.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Solid win for the boys. Set it up in the second quarter when we held Westies goalless.

West came out hard in both the 3rd and last quarters but the Bays were able to win the latter part of both quarters and maintain their lead. Our defence was probably the difference, Curran, Proud and Bradley were exceptional.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Glenelg too good and West were poor.

Chris Burgess, though,was exceptional for West. Played the first half on Josh Scott and held him well, then went to CHF and kicked 4 in the second half.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Lee wrote:Glenelg too good and West were poor.

Chris Burgess, though,was exceptional for West.  Played the first half on Josh Scott and held him well, then went to CHF and kicked 4 in the second half.

I am loving the progressive improvement I've seen in Chris over the last 2-3 seasons, Lee.

Pretty awesome that he was a 'come and try' recruit a few years back to one of your most versatile players.

Wouldn't be surprised, at all, if a few AFL recruiters have made some notes on the young man.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:23 am

Agree, Phil, I think there"s plenty of interest.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down