Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval Empty Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Centrals v Port
Saturday 9 June
My Money House Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Both teams have struggled of late. Who will find a way to win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 pm

It was a case of same crap, different week for the Dogs as a dominant first quarter was wasted away for the remaining three quarters.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v Port - Saturday 9 June @ My Money House Oval

Post by southern bulldog Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:12 pm

Exactly we continue to play the same rubbish football every week.Now that season is done would be nice to ACTUALLY TRY and score goals snd have someone forward of centre to kick to.A lot easier to defend 15-16 goals rather than average of 8-9 we are losing anyway just try something.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Not right apparently

Last edited by southern bulldog on Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect info so i have now been told)
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:14 pm

southern bulldog wrote:Apparently a few players on their way at seasons end if we continue with what we are doing

league or fringe players ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jars74 Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm

A few league ...maybe a ruckman.
Jars74
Jars74

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jars74 Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Another disappointing performance, we can only play one good qtr.
13 inside 50s in the 1st qtr and then just 17 more for the game.
We had over 50 more disposals and can only manage the 30 inside 50s and a pathetic 9 goals.
Too much stuffing around,trying to play perfect football with a side not capable.
The skills of this current side are not upto standard,most people can see this so why stick with this ridiculous game plan.
Jars74
Jars74

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:47 pm

There are lot of people who think this is the way to play 7-9 goals a game on avereage.We have played like this for the last 3 seasons at least and it quite clearly DOESNT WORK and HASNT WORKED but we persist with it.Would rather take the game on and get the ball forward quickly and put pressure on opposition defenders.We are losing anyway so why not try SOMETHING different
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Jars74 Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 pm

Our club is a mess at the moment,expect another exodus of senior players next season.
Some will retire but a few who are spending too much time in the ressies will walk and when it's hard to recruit(apparently)you can't let this happen.
Nobody wants to play for us anymore and questions need to be asked why???.
Jars74
Jars74

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Central was basically out of contention as late as a month to go last season & granted Glenelg fell over but made the finals & caused some damage, perhaps a late charge could happen again ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jars74 Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

No chance this season as we lost our midfield and only managed to recruit for our reserves.
Be battling Bays for 8th spot unfortunately.
Jars74
Jars74

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 pm

ok, obviously Nick Holman is the biggest loss
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

southern bulldog wrote:There are lot of people who think this is  the way to play 7-9 goals a game on avereage.We have played like this for the last 3 seasons at least and it quite clearly DOESNT WORK and HASNT WORKED but we persist with it.Would rather take the game on and  get the ball forward quickly and  put pressure on opposition defenders.We are losing anyway so why not try SOMETHING different  

ok, you say you (Central) have played like this for the last 3 years....mmmm......

2015...5th at end of minor round & made preliminary final

2016...5th at end of minor round & got thrashed by Adelaide with a huge contingent of afl listed players

2017...5th at end of minor round & made preliminary final

so with this game plan that'' hasn't worked for the last 3 years'', all i can say is the sides below them must have been appalling, even amateurish or you are expecting too much after being ''spoiled'' in the first decade of this century
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:27 pm

what i mean by ''appalling'' is if this Central game plan over the last 3 years is as bad as has been posted then the question has to be what about the teams below them on the ladder, going back a step, it doesn't really matter who they played because they were other finalists who they went past to reach two of the last three preliminary finals........i can tell you i would've taken that for my mob over the last three years in a heartbeat
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:47 pm

Fact is last year we fell in when Glenelg choked in the last game.Admittedly we have made finals but each year we have had to come from the Elimination final and that is to hard.If we had given ourselves a chance to kick higher scores chances are we couldve finished top three then your a chance.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down