League
Centrals 7.4.46
Norwood 9.12.66

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Centrals v Norwood review Empty Re: Centrals v Norwood review

Post by Brucetiki Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:53 pm

What a shocker of a night, compounded by a dog act from a Norwood player which resulted in a broken arm to Hayes'.

Have Centrals adopted Neil Craig's game plan because they were terrible tonight. Overuse of the handball, chipping around inside 50, lack of crumbers, all up they were terrible.

One positive to come out of tonight was despite how badly they played, they actually matched Norwood on the scoreboard in 3 of the 4 quarters (won the first, outscored by 1 point in the 3rd/4th quarters), and it was just a purple patch by Norwood in the second quarter that sunk them.

Not panic stations yet, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:11 am

Was about 50 metres behind play.

There was a scuffle between Jace Bode and Hayes, with Bode holding Hayes arm in the scuffle. Next thing I saw was Hayes running to the bench with a broken arm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:21 am

There was already a call for an enquiry into behind the play incidents by the Family First Part in our State Parliament, if there was malicious intent behind this current incident, expect more of the same and for it not to be swept under the carpet quite so easilly.

Still, how good are Norwood? To win at the Ponderosa is no mean feat and has been out of the reach of a number of SANFL sides for years. Norwood played a class above yesterday and again its only round one, but might well be the side to watch this season (again)!

CDFC are in a similar situation to South where they are hitting the start of the season with several on the injured list. As the doggies get players back into the side I would expect them to improve accordingly.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:40 am

Brucetiki wrote:Was about 50 metres behind play.

There was a scuffle between Jace Bode and Hayes, with Bode holding Hayes arm in the scuffle. Next thing I saw was Hayes running to the bench with a broken arm.

The radio claimed he hurt it in the contest through friendly fire, the scuffle happened after according to them.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:51 am

Millsy wrote:Bode didn't cause the injury at all . The crowd weren't happy with Bode For pushing Hayes when Hayes was on the ground clearly injured.

That in itself is still pretty poor form from Bode

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:17 am

Brucetiki wrote:What a shocker of a night, compounded by a dog act from a Norwood player which resulted in a broken arm to Hayes'.

Hopefully Hayes is reported for attempted striking, which is how he injured his arm. His was the only dog act.

topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:18 am

waddayamean wrote:That may be true but I hear the injury was not a result of any 'dirty"incident .

I was standing around 25 metres from the incident, facing it. A percentage of fans in that part were enraged by their version of what happened, including a group nearby who were angrily describing the incident to anyone who would listen. At the time it occurred, they had their back to the play, so not sure how they were able to so accurately describe it. It was a football incident, pure and simple.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 am

Hayes has a dislocated elbow, not a broken arm as first suggested. He was taken to hospital in an ambulance as they weren't able to get it back in.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Millsy wrote:Bode didn't cause the injury at all . The crowd weren't happy with Bode For pushing Hayes when Hayes was on the ground clearly injured.
Correct. People were shouting 'weak' at Bode because he continued to push Hayes on the ground when it was clear he was injured and not fighting back.

Felt pretty sick watching it to be honest.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Bode turned angrily around to Hayes because he'd tried to break his jaw, pushed him once and trotted off.

You obviously have a delicate constitution.
topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Groucho Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Of course I should have known. Central guilty everyone else innocent! Rolling Eyes It must have been one of the Gowans who broke Hayes arm then.
Groucho
Groucho

Teams : Central District

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Good to see the Centrals persecution complex alive and well.

Fairly average game of footy I thought, maybe Norwood wanted it a bit more in the end. As the scoring shots indicated we controlled the game but had Sibenaler's shot gone through midway during the last we still might have lost.

Plenty to improve on for Norwood but some good signs from players like Aish, Batsanis and Warren.
topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Not too concerned about Bode's purported "dog act". I'm still recovering from Central fans finding great hilarity with Phillips' broken jaw in the 2010 GF.

I was pleased with the win, but I'm still not happy with our game style. 9 goals should never win a game of football.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Brucetiki wrote:What a shocker of a night, compounded by a dog act from a Norwood player which resulted in a broken arm to Hayes'.
Yes, how dare Jace Bode have too hard a head for the perpetrator to break.
I wonder how many weeks Bode will get for deliberately and spitefully headbutting a swinging arm?
The fact he couldn’t see it coming should be no excuse !
Wink

Congratulations to Jace on the restraint shown once he saw Hayes was injured and justice done. One hopes the many useful words of advice Jace gave to Mr. Hayes as he hastily departed the arena will serve him well should he try to make similar contact with a Norwood man in future contests. May his arm and his attitude be soon repaired.

Congratulations also to all 4 Norwood grades who managed a clean sweep of wins. It’s very hard not to walk around with that old Redleg swagger this weekend and very nice indeed to start the year knowing we have players in all grades who can control their aggression, but refuse to be intimidated.

Love it !

Cheers ‘n’ beers,
Sabre.

p.s. Sorry 'Bruce', I couldn't help myself. Centrals v Norwood review 2988561446
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:15 pm

topsywaldron wrote:Bode turned angrily around to Hayes because he'd tried to break his jaw, pushed him once and trotted off.

Sorry Topsy, but you obviously weren't at the game if that's your assessment.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I was pleased with the win, but I'm still not happy with our game style. 9 goals should never win a game of football.
Unfortunately ‘Hawky’, given the defensive, zoned mode of the modern game, we might just have to grin and bear it mate. Unless something like a reduction in on-field players occurs, lower game scores may be here to stay for the foreseeable future. We might not like it, but as long as we always kick more than the opposition, I can certainly live with it.
Centrals v Norwood review 169538438
At least yesterday’s game looked like ‘some’ work is being done on more potent attacks up forward, even if the accuracy still leaves much to be desired. What I saw last night came as something of a surprise given our trial game form. Maybe specific forward structures and planning are being practiced in private. If so, may it be for many hours and often !
Cool
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Always disappointed to lose, but one look at that final team sheet should have told the thickest supporter that Centrals were probably going to go down. Even the bookies picked it and they're usually pretty clueless at the start of a season.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:06 pm

topsywaldron wrote:but had Sibenaler's shot gone through midway during the last we still might have lost.

Totaly agree topsy, that miss from Evil was costly for the Dogs, especially considering it was directly in front, 35m out.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by topsywaldron Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Captain Centrals wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Bode turned angrily around to Hayes because he'd tried to break his jaw, pushed him once and trotted off.

Sorry Topsy, but you obviously weren't at the game if that's your assessment.

Standing watching about twenty metres from the incident.

You keep having a crack at Bode's character though, don't let the truth get in the way.
topsywaldron
topsywaldron

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 am

Big Phil wrote:that miss from Evil was costly for the Dogs, especially considering it was directly in front, 35m out.

That seems to have become the most difficult kick in football. Players are now so used to kicking around corners, the simple art of running in a straight line and kicking through the ball seems to be lost with many players.

I saw a training session last season where players were practicing kicking for goal. Only 2 or 3 players were practicing kicking for goal from 35-40 metres, straight in front. Most of them were trying for angled goals with the instep, trying to bounce them through. It seems to me that players aren't paying enough attention to the basics.

You can bet a champion golfer would still practice putting from all distances.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum