Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval

+4
saintal
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Port v South
Saturday 5 August
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 12:00pm
League: 2:40pm

Port had a solid win over Glenelg in their last encounter, while South season went from bad to worse. Who will come away with the win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:38 pm

if the Power reserves put the foot down they'll win by over 100 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Port v South - Saturday 5 August @ Alberton Oval

Post by blueandwhite Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:29 pm

Going to be wet methinks... should make it closer...Power reserves by 80. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by saintal Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:28 pm

South's side v Power Reserves:

F: Ellison, Davis, Raitt
HF: Barnes, Crabb, Hunter
C: Veide, Heaslip, Gulden
HB: Szust, Fields, Rankine
B: Haines, Durdin, Rose
R: Bass, Cross, Liddle
INT: Schwarz, Redigolo, J. Taylor, Moyle, Cailotto

IN: Raitt, Hunter, Cailotto, Moyle, Bass
OUT: Brown (back), Rolfe (knee), Aurrichio

Rolfe and Brown's wretched luck continues. Aurrichio was named in the best (using the term loosely) against West, but now finds himself in the magoos. Odd.

That forward line will struggle to kick more than 7 or 8 goals (in dry weather), hence the Power reserves should win by a heap.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Can't see South getting close unfortunately. Surprised Aurrichio was dropped, he is a big body that would be useful against Port.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:13 pm

South never posed a genuine threat today. Port had 6 goals on the board within 20 minutes and held sway for the remainder. South played their best footy during the first half of the third, but a late flurry of Power goals put the result beyond doubt at 3/4 time. The Power weren't required to shift out of second gear on too many occasions.

With Overall and Haren on the sidelines our forward line is non-existent. Davis has played predominately forward in recent weeks, but lacks height, pace and intensity to prove effective. Playing Ellison as a permanent F50 option would make more sense.

Cross tried his guts out today in a return to form. Liddle was the only other mid to have an impact. Durdin minimised Eddy's contribution, Rose was busy while young Szust showed a bit. Too many plodders with ordinary skills running around at the moment.

8 losses in 9 starts, and with WWT and Sturt looming, sadly this season is done and dusted.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:16 pm

If the rumours are true that there is a disconnect between the coach and players, then given that the coach is contracted again for next year and South are in no position to pay him out, that would be a horrible scenario for them.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Was listening to the abc today on my way to Elizabeth, part of the conversation had Nathan Buckley likely to stay as coach of Collingwood but all assistants having to go, if this is true would the door then open up for Brad Gotch to retake the coaching job at South ?

I think Brad Gotch is the best coach the sanfl has seen in a while given how he transformed South, both on and off the field
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:14 pm

First 21 wrote:Agree regarding Gotch and South are not in a position to be floundering again. How will they survive with financial issues and poor on field performances again ? They have been good for a few years and no more interest shown so if they bottom out again they are in huge trouble in my opinion.
I heard last night that the Glenelg and South merger should not be put to bed either.

Wasn't that merger shown to be a furfy being told on an FM radio station

I think it's hard to talk about south they were set up with no costs basically paying rent on a huge oval down south .
South came back from over paying for vic players
They may need to do it again I guess
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:28 pm

Mick, trust me it was Brad Gotch that got South to be one of the forces of the competition, nothing to do with recruiting Victorians, all clubs recruit Victorians & it works if you get them over for the right reasons, for example Luke Jarred, Nick Liddell, Joel Cross & Brett Zorzi are players that come to mind quickly of the recruits coming over with the right reasons for signing & there a players that sign for quick $$$ & then go home, Gotch was in my opinion the best coach we've had in recent years & before anyone says but he never got a premiership, I say well we all strive for that but it is what you do with what you have, tactics & the ability to compete along with having a happy environment for the players & from afar Gotch did this in spades
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 pm

bayman wrote:Mick, trust me it was Brad Gotch that got South to be one of the forces of the competition, nothing to do with recruiting Victorians, all clubs recruit Victorians & it works if you get them over for the right reasons, for example Luke Jarred, Nick Liddell, Joel Cross & Brett Zorzi are players that come to mind quickly of the recruits coming over with the right reasons for signing & there  a players that sign for quick $$$ & then go home, Gotch was in my opinion the best coach we've had in recent years & before anyone says but he never got a premiership, I say well we all strive for that but it is what you do with what you have, tactics & the ability to compete along with having a happy environment for the players & from afar Gotch did this in spades

Yep agree but Souths woes with imports was years ago I was working with a south seconds player and heard all about the amount of money handed out but that was way before Gotch
Luke Jarrad was a good one to bring up no sanfl club wanted him he wrote to them all and just the Eagles signed him up a good servant of the Eagles
Gotch did bring them up to a better level
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum